• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

The forum

Started by scarface, April 04, 2016, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Many users have noticed that some regular visitors left the forum. Well, it's not the only forum in this case. so Tell us why you left:
In fact, I think that most users were speaking in the microsoft section about windows xp and 7. Since Windows 10 has few enthusiasts, there are only computer buffs in this topic like harkaz of vasudev. That's why it's interesting to know if there is something to do.
You can chose in this poll:
I dont post messages:
-Because I've already downloaded what I needed
-Because I'm fed up, I don't use my computer any longer
-Because Maher is not present any longer
-Because there are too many messages on the forum, a cleansweep would be needed
-Because I already talked too much
-Because Im just coming here to read the messages and download some stuff.

Shadow.97

Honestly, for me its the attitude of the members. It feels like there is this passive aggressiveness.
Also its lack of time, I prioritize differently nowdays.. Sure, I've learned alot, but mostly there isnt much things about windows I feel like learning anymore.
I've almost entirely made the switch for servers to Linux based, and I'm just using windows for games.
I've grown tired of windows in general, I feel so locked by the GUI, it feels like I have more control by using commands. Sure powershell and cmd can do a few things but.. It's not as userfriendly as the terminal. Also, you can run Windows programs through Linux quite well.
Making a carreer switch soon. Putting my IT days behind. I want it as a hobby, not a job.
I applied to universities, and none had IT related to it.

scarface

Is passive aggressiveness an oxymoron? Have you become a poet, shadow97?
Well, maybe some people in here are straight-forward, but never unfriendly.
Perhaps you are a bit bored...you forgot to vote anyway.
What's more, I thought you were a man, and the avatars in my caption should be modified.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 02, 2016, 03:16 PM
What's more, I thought you were a man, and the avatars in my caption should be modified.
Maybe shadow97 has fallen in love and I think things didn't work since fate was against it. Look shadow97, it seems as w7 and w10 had their core rebuilt to incorporate Linux subsystem, you'll surely appreciate the Anniversary edition this summer. Albeit, my room temp touched 45C even with AC. I'd like to call humbert and sort this issue ASAP. The problem is, it doesn't cool as fast it could a year ago, maybe something's wrong somewhere.

scarface

shadow97 may fuss about the forum, or create problem where there is none, but I think that most people on the forum have been exemplary. I mean if the forum was disappearing tomorrow, probably a lot of people would miss the messages of humbert, usmangujjar or Ahmad. Well, It can't be the attitude of the users of the forum (at least those who are speaking, not the ones who are lethargic). I hope it's not mr baboon's fault either.
Perhaps shadow97 is going though a temporary depression. It's probable. So, If you want to be fine, try a good recipe: Mix sauerkraut and mashed potatoes together and add some Riesling wine.

Certainly, the problem of Vasudev is more complicated.
In India, it's usually very hot during summer, and you could try to shut down your computer when the temperature is above 30°C.
The rising temperatures are also linked with global warming. The regions of the planet most affected by climate change are not tropical regions but the poles, notably through the melting of polar ice.

The US, India and China are the biggest polluters, but there is hope. On 22 April, In a significant step bringing together developing and developed nations for beginning work on cutting down greenhouse gas emissions to combat global warming, India signed the historic Paris climate agreement along with more than 170 nations.
It has announced plans to quadruple its renewable power capacity to 175 gigawatts by 2022 as part of the governments plan to supply electricity to every household.
India seeks to add 100 gigawatts of photovoltaic capacity, 60 gigawatts of wind power, 10 gigawatts of biomass and five gigawatts of hydro projects.
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar warned: "If we continue with unsustainable consumption patterns, we will require three planets. But we don't have three, we have only one planet."

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 02, 2016, 07:51 PM
shadow97 may fuss about the forum, or create problem where there is none, but I think that most people on the forum have been exemplary. I mean if the forum was disappearing tomorrow, probably a lot of people would miss the messages of humbert, usmangujjar or Ahmad. Well, It can't be the attitude of the users of the forum (at least those who are speaking, not the ones who are lethargic). I hope it's not mr baboon's fault either.
Perhaps shadow97 is going though a temporary depression. It's probable. So, If you want to be fine, try a good recipe: Mix sauerkraut and mashed potatoes together and add some Riesling wine.

Certainly, the problem of Vasudev is more complicated.
In India, it's usually very hot during summer, and you could try to shut down your computer when the temperature is above 30°C.
The rising temperatures are also linked with global warming. The regions of the planet most affected by climate change are not tropical regions but the poles, notably through the melting of polar ice.

The US, India and China are the biggest polluters, but there is hope. On 22 April, In a significant step bringing together developing and developed nations for beginning work on cutting down greenhouse gas emissions to combat global warming, India signed the historic Paris climate agreement along with more than 170 nations.
It has announced plans to quadruple its renewable power capacity to 175 gigawatts by 2022 as part of the governments plan to supply electricity to every household.
India seeks to add 100 gigawatts of photovoltaic capacity, 60 gigawatts of wind power, 10 gigawatts of biomass and five gigawatts of hydro projects.
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar warned: "If we continue with unsustainable consumption patterns, we will require three planets. But we don't have three, we have only one planet."

No, I didnt mean it to be an offensive way, I'm sorry if it turned out like that :p
Its a lovely forum, and I'd miss if it disappeared. I just feel like it needs way more fresh and active blood than it is currently recieving. :)
I honestly Love reading all your posts about economics, the world etc. I rarely comment anymore though. And yes, I am going through depression; As have I done for almost my entire time on the forum! :D

Honestly, I think this forum is one of the best things that have happened to me. Its a great place for information and getting to know new things.
Quote from: Vasudev on May 02, 2016, 06:08 PM
Quote from: scarface on May 02, 2016, 03:16 PM
Maybe shadow97 has fallen in love and I think things didn't work since fate was against it. Look shadow97, it seems as w7 and w10 had their core rebuilt to incorporate Linux subsystem, you'll surely appreciate the Anniversary edition this summer. Albeit, my room temp touched 45C even with AC. I'd like to call humbert and sort this issue ASAP. The problem is, it doesn't cool as fast it could a year ago, maybe something's wrong somewhere.
I really hope Windows embraces Linux as an opportunity to corperate and find similarities and stay as two different things, but the possibilities of both systems, on both systems. If that makes sense! :D

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 06, 2016, 11:02 PM
I really hope Windows embraces Linux as an opportunity to corperate and find similarities and stay as two different things, but the possibilities of both systems, on both systems. If that makes sense! :D

I as I'm sure you know, the summer Windows 10 update will include an Ubuntu bash shell. This is not an emulator, it's the real thing - they're working with Canonical to develop it. I wish I could get away from Windows entirely and go to some distro of Linux, but sadly for me it's not possible. Too many of my important apps have no Linux equivalents. Logitech does not support my gamers mouse - it works in Linux but you can't configure it for games. Although there are plenty of Linux apps for just about anything, none I've seen work as well as the ones I use. And of course there is no way to get rid of the hated password prompt, which is a constant irritation.

Shadow - I'm glad to see you back. Please return whenever you can even if it's to complain about something  :)

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on May 10, 2016, 03:46 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 06, 2016, 11:02 PM

I as I'm sure you know, the summer Windows 10 update will include an Ubuntu bash shell. This is not an emulator, it's the real thing - they're working with Canonical to develop it. I wish I could get away from Windows entirely and go to some distro of Linux, but sadly for me it's not possible. Too many of my important apps have no Linux equivalents. Logitech does not support my gamers mouse - it works in Linux but you can't configure it for games. Although there are plenty of Linux apps for just about anything, none I've seen work as well as the ones I use. And of course there is no way to get rid of the hated password prompt, which is a constant irritation.

Shadow - I'm glad to see you back. Please return whenever you can even if it's to complain about something  :)
I completely agree with you, now I felt it whilst using some apps that are not available yet, on Linux App store. I'd wish if MS could do, Parallels like feature to run Linux and Windows simultaneously w/o hiccups since w10 supports Hyper V. So, I use linux for banking and other things for maximum security and switch to windows for gaming and other stuff.