• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Some photos of Clermont Ferrand taken today.
The streets are empty because of the lockdown due to the Coronavirus.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 17, 2020, 05:34 PM
Some photos of Clermont Ferrand taken today.
The streets are empty because of the lockdown due to the Coronavirus.

I am sick and tired of this Coronavirus shiit! The news media makes people think this is the Spanish flu of 1918 or the Black Plague of 14th century Europe. Nobody checks the facts, most people are automatons who believe just about anything they're told. Last Monday I went to the market to buy food and the shelves were almost bare. The area of the market where there are cleaning supplies was closed off with a small fence. It's the same just about everywhere. This crisis was created entirely by the news media. Notice that if (for example) 50 people get the diseases and 3 die, there are massive headlines about the 3 dead and no mention of the 47 survivors.

Here's a historical ancedote. On our about 1935, engineers in Europe and elsewhere were working on prefecting television. In Germany, Hitler was informed and was shown a TV and how it worked - the first time in his life he had seen one. He immediately said "I want one of these devices in every German home. With this I can control how people think! The dictator was right and his statement prophetic.

scarface

Tonight, I went out to see the Jaude place in Clermont Ferrand (I am living Avenue Julien, 100 meters away from this place).
There was nobody in the street as you can see on the photos.
Actually, I was walking surreptitiously in order to avoid  a crackdown by the morality police (I saw their car).
There were practically no cars on the roads either (I took my car back to the underground parking I am renting). It looks like a resident evil movie. My neighbours are gone, the building is incredibly calm.
In Resident Evil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrWmPMZGiY (note that youtube switched off HD in Europe).

Humbert seems a bit flabbergasted. If you believe in God, like most Americans do, then you have to consider that the Coronavirus was created by God (or by the devil). Therefore, the Coronavirus is a punishment of god. But on the forum there are only good people. I assume some of you are currently confined too, and I am thinking about shadow.97, usmangujjar or Maher. Maybe they do not have the possibility to give news if they are quarantined. Hopefully, we will overcome this ordeal.

Here is the Jaude place.

Here is the statue of Vercingétorix and the Church Saint-Pierre-des-Minimes.
The first stone of the church was laid in 1630 at the time when the convents settled everywhere in Europe. Clermont then welcomes Minimes fathers in an establishment constructed through the generosity of Marguerite Saulnier, widow of François Lecourt, Lord of Montdory. The place is not very safe: at the bottom of the city, between the meandering Tiretaine crisscrossing the area, and along the Jaude square so cluttered with waste. The chapel is built in andesite lava, with sobriety and severity according to the same principles of life of the Minimes fathers. Under the injunction of the inhabitants, however one decides to decorate the heavy and cold facade, by adding to it in 1731, two bell towers that were destroyed in 1734 and in 1742. Another bell tower is more firmly reconstructed later.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 22, 2020, 01:39 AM
Humbert seems a bit flabbergasted. If you believe in God, like most Americans do, then you have to consider that the Coronavirus was created by God (or by the devil). Therefore, the Coronavirus is a punishment of god. But on the forum there are only good people. I assume some of you are currently confined too, and I am thinking about shadow.97, usmangujjar or Maher. Maybe they do not have the possibility to give news if they are quarantined. Hopefully, we will overcome this ordeal.

Actually I'm an atheist. I believe humans have always attributed that which can't be explained as a "punishment from god". Notice that the victims are almost always innocent children, old people, or those whose health is compromised. It makes no sense that god would punish them and leave bad, healthy people unscathed.

scarface

Today, I finally went out to see the disaster. There is practically nobody in the streets. But it is so good to drive in these conditions. No traffic jam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyFCmSD4uDs

Here you can see place de Jaude and in the background the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption and its twin spires.

Here you can see the lava dome called Puy de Dome, It is an asleep volcano.

As you can see, Clermont Ferrand is a town with a lot of cachet, at least the center of the town. Compared to this, I can assure you that some neighborhoods of Paris look like cesspools.

scarface

Note that in France, the  lockdown 'should last at least 6 weeks' says the country's scientific council as death toll tops 1,000.

The Comité analyse, recherche et expertise (CARE) set up to advise the French government has recommended a longer lockdown and stricter confinement as the death toll from the virus in the country continues to rise.

In the past 24 hours 240 people have died. This takes France's official death toll to 1,100 - but for the moment only counts people who have died in hospital, not people who died at home or in retirement homes.

There are currently 10,176 people in hospital, 2,516 of whom are in intensive care.

The daily death toll was also a sharp increase, from 186 on Monday and just over 100 a day over the weekend.

The council's role is advisory only and the final decision will be taken by the government, health minister Olivier Véran  said the figure of six weeks was an "estimation" and no one knew at this stage how long the confinement would last.

"They said that we need to be prepared that the confinement will last more than two weeks and that maybe it could be even more like five or six weeks," he said.

"It (the lockdown) will last as long as it needs to," he added.

The council of doctors and sociologists was created by the health ministry to advise President Emmanuel Macron and the government on the best way to combat the coronavirus.

The experts said that the lockdown was currently the "sole strategy that is realistic in operational terms," adding that other strategies like mass testing or isolating all those who may have the virus were not realisable on a national scale.

It said three weeks of lockdown would be needed before an estimation of its impact can be made. It recommended the lockdown should continue until a post-confinement strategy was laid out and the pressure on hospitals had eased.

It also suggested a tightening of the restrictions may be necessary such as limiting non-essential work outside the home and imposing curfews.

France was put into lockdown on Tuesday, March 17th initially for 15 days, although a variety of ministers and health chiefs have said that is highly likely to be extended.

The lockdown orders all in France to stay inside except for essential trips outside such as shopping, exercise or visiting the doctor.

Some of you are probably already confined. I am thinking about Vasudev, usmangujjar shadow.97 and humbert of course.
You are certainly wondering what the coronavirus looks like. Maye you will be able to identify it amongst the photos below.

Maybe some of you have found the right picture. It is the 3rd picture. If you are wondering why we can not see it, it is because the coronavirus is very small: it is 10 000 times smaller than a grain of sand.

scarface

This morning I went out and I stumbled upon a beautiful car: an Alpine.
Only 7900 units of this car have been made so far. It seems this one comes from Paris. Was it able to able to avoid the drones of the police that are currently deployed to enforce social distancing? Quite probably.

Here is a photo taken from my balcony. Since most people are now confined, some hung banners.
In the foreground what you see is a hanging garden.

scarface

Note that I took a photo of my car this morning. Since I know that aa1234779 likes some photos, even if they are useless, I am posting this one. It was waiting for me in its underground parking.
It is not a Lamborghini, but it is not important, my father liked it.

humbert

What make, model number and year is your car? Also, do you really need that very long antenna? Recently my lady and I bought a Kia Rio, and the antenna is removable. A long antenna becomes problematic when you put the car through a car wash. Even without the antenna you can hear FM radio perfectly. It's garbage, about 5 ads to 1 song. That's why I use a music player that plugs into the car's aux port.

I have no clue why anyone, no matter how much money they have, would buy a Lamborghini. It has no practical use when you factor in the price.

scarface

Here are a few photos.

Some photos taken in Paris in early April.

Here you can see the Eiffel and Montparnasse towers through the haze.

The confinment police is there. Apparently, they have arrested an infected.

In Clermont photos, here are some photos taken today. There was a light drizzle.