• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

MultiBoot / SingleBoot USB Creation

Started by usmangujjar, October 06, 2013, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmangujjar

when i saw jastreb signature, i think it is in russian language. but after my little search i understand it is in Serbian language, his signature: Причај српски, да Ñ,е разуме цео свеÑ,! translation in english is: Tell Serbian, to understand the whole world!

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

usmangujjar

I prefer using the USB installation for many reasons which include the USB installation is quicker and I can erase the USB (at will) and use it as normal after the installation. Unlike the CD/DVD they're small enough to carry around all day (if you want to do that, not judging). What do you guys think? Do you still go with the standard CD/DVD installation or have you moved up to the USB installations for Windows?
Windows installation from USB is more faster than DVD.

scarface

Indeed, installing windows via usb is the best choice. 3 years since my dvd driver is dead on this laptop, for me its not even a choice.
For testing purposes I had given a link to harkaz which can be useful to test the installation of windows on vmware using a usb key. to check data integrity it can be a simple way.
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1170.msg9411#msg9411

humbert

When it comes to creating bootable USB flashdrives from bootable ISO files, one problem I keep crashing into is that you must always look for a program that will support the specific ISO you're trying to boot from USB. As far as I know there is no program similar to what CD burning programs can do, i.e., make a bootable CD from an ISO regardless of what the file is about. For that reason I've downloaded every USB boot program imaginable and use them as needed.

If I run into an ISO which isn't clearly supported by any of these programs, I use either grubdos or syslinux which I install with Xboot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess eventually some solution will be found. It's no secret that CD's and DVD's will go the way of the floppy disk in a few more years. The Asus Q200E I bought for my girlfriend doesn't have one, as well as many of the newer laptops.

usmangujjar

Quote from: humbert on October 07, 2013, 03:46 AM
When it comes to creating bootable USB flashdrives from bootable ISO files, one problem I keep crashing into is that you must always look for a program that will support the specific ISO you're trying to boot from USB. As far as I know there is no program similar to what CD burning programs can do, i.e., make a bootable CD from an ISO regardless of what the file is about. For that reason I've downloaded every USB boot program imaginable and use them as needed.

If I run into an ISO which isn't clearly supported by any of these programs, I use either grubdos or syslinux which I install with Xboot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess eventually some solution will be found. It's no secret that CD's and DVD's will go the way of the floppy disk in a few more years. The Asus Q200E I bought for my girlfriend doesn't have one, as well as many of the newer laptops.

Dear Humb- you say right, but i have tested some ISOs using this tool, they worked fine.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on October 07, 2013, 07:06 PM
@scarface- how are you?
you can tell me some about your country? i' intrested in history, civilization etc,,,,

Of course you realize there's a wealth of information on France or any other country on Wiki. Unless, of course, you want to know how society affects us individually.

usmangujjar

humbert

usmangujjar

Quote from: humbert on May 28, 2014, 04:22 AM
Link?

link is clearly mentioned in first post of this topic.