• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP SP3 ~ Maher

Started by mayura4ever, April 26, 2011, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: ollenberger on October 17, 2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you-- it was actually a dying cmos battery. It was messing up all of my hardware installation and system specs. Thanks for the great pirated OS.
Anytime ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: Tovagulet on October 27, 2011, 04:36 AM
I totally think its worthy, as you said, its the original version that includes the latest updates with the removal of annoying stuff, that no one will ever use and comes with SATA Drivers.

Might be you should have a donation button on paypal, im sure people would donate ;)
Lets say is like saying thanks :P
It will also motivate you to keep uploading windows XP with the latest updates :P
Thank you.
But doing so will get me into trouble :)

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 27, 2011, 03:53 PM
Might be you should have a donation button on paypal, im sure people would donate ;)
It will also motivate you to keep uploading windows XP with the latest updates :P
Thank you.

Maher, the question man  :) has another one for you. I understand that you would run this site as a hobby and to meet friends such as myself. I too do computing stuff as a hobby and never charge anybody if they need help or advice. What I do not understand is, why would this get you in trouble. Your site is hosted in the US (very close to me, in fact) where it is no crime to simply ask for a donation.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 29, 2011, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Maher on October 27, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thank you.

Maher, the question man  :) has another one for you. I understand that you would run this site as a hobby and to meet friends such as myself. I too do computing stuff as a hobby and never charge anybody if they need help or advice. What I do not understand is, why would this get you in trouble. Your site is hosted in the US (very close to me, in fact) where it is no crime to simply ask for a donation.
I can't ask for donation when the whole site is about illegal stuff! Got it?

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 07:52 PM

I beg to differ. As I told you before, knowing you as I do, I doubt you'd ask for donations even if there was no fear on your part. That's because you do this as a hobby, as well as to be able to meet friends from all over the world and learn stuff in general. Also, paying for hosting isn't all that expensive. My wife pays $12.95 a month to host a site dedicated to selling some plastic bracelets she makes. Although right now there's not much there, we continue to pay for it because we use the e-mail addresses they gave us.

There's something you gotta keep in mind. This is not the Pirate Bay. You have no .torrent files anywhere on here. Indeed, the majority of programs you put links for are freeware, and even then if someone wants something pirated you refer them to your stuff on TPB -- another site entirely. Simply chatting about illegal stuff such as this is not illegal, it's the actual transfer of files they'll chase you down for. Add to this that, in order for the government to take any action, somebody like the MPAA or RIAA first has to complain. Even then, whether or not you ask for donations won't matter one bit, if they believe it's serious enough they'll take down your site regardless. Even if that happens, in a matter of hours you could easily reopen the site, only this time hosted in places such as Holland (like BTScene), Germany (like TPB) or Ukraine (like Demonoid). As I told you before, Firefox's flagfox extension will tell you this, including a map and even the IP address of the host. Also, keep in mind you don't live in the USA, and rest assured this country's Navy Seal commandos (the ones that killed Bin Laden) will not be knocking on your door any time soon.  :)

Another thing. Usually when sites that accept donations, they usually reward the donor with something like extended leeching priveleges. When you designed your site, you designed it in such a way that there's simply no way to reward a donor. Here nobody is restricted to anything with the exception of your general rules. So relax.  :)

Briefly changing the subject, as you know all the Pirate Bay guys are Swedish. The site was chased out of Sweden and now (according to Flagfox) they are hosting in Germany. Pretty strange given that Germany also has strict laws. I'd be willing to bet it's at some undisclosed location, and the computer in Germany is just a proxy server. Every time I go to Ikea, I think of them.  :D

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 31, 2011, 05:13 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 07:52 PM

I beg to differ. As I told you before, knowing you as I do, I doubt you'd ask for donations even if there was no fear on your part. That's because you do this as a hobby, as well as to be able to meet friends from all over the world and learn stuff in general. Also, paying for hosting isn't all that expensive. My wife pays $12.95 a month to host a site dedicated to selling some plastic bracelets she makes. Although right now there's not much there, we continue to pay for it because we use the e-mail addresses they gave us.

There's something you gotta keep in mind. This is not the Pirate Bay. You have no .torrent files anywhere on here. Indeed, the majority of programs you put links for are freeware, and even then if someone wants something pirated you refer them to your stuff on TPB -- another site entirely. Simply chatting about illegal stuff such as this is not illegal, it's the actual transfer of files they'll chase you down for. Add to this that, in order for the government to take any action, somebody like the MPAA or RIAA first has to complain. Even then, whether or not you ask for donations won't matter one bit, if they believe it's serious enough they'll take down your site regardless. Even if that happens, in a matter of hours you could easily reopen the site, only this time hosted in places such as Holland (like BTScene), Germany (like TPB) or Ukraine (like Demonoid). As I told you before, Firefox's flagfox extension will tell you this, including a map and even the IP address of the host. Also, keep in mind you don't live in the USA, and rest assured this country's Navy Seal commandos (the ones that killed Bin Laden) will not be knocking on your door any time soon.  :)

Another thing. Usually when sites that accept donations, they usually reward the donor with something like extended leeching priveleges. When you designed your site, you designed it in such a way that there's simply no way to reward a donor. Here nobody is restricted to anything with the exception of your general rules. So relax.  :)

Briefly changing the subject, as you know all the Pirate Bay guys are Swedish. The site was chased out of Sweden and now (according to Flagfox) they are hosting in Germany. Pretty strange given that Germany also has strict laws. I'd be willing to bet it's at some undisclosed location, and the computer in Germany is just a proxy server. Every time I go to Ikea, I think of them.  :D
Okay. I'll think about it :)

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 31, 2011, 08:42 PM

Okay. I'll think about it :)  [requesting donations]

Maher, why DID you decide to host your site in the US? Not that I believe anything bad will happen, it's simply that hosting it in one of the countries I mentioned previously (such as Holland) would have probably given you greater piece of mind.

Or was it that you checked prices plus other offerings and found that "theplanet.com" had a better deal?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on November 05, 2011, 06:04 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 31, 2011, 08:42 PM

Okay. I'll think about it :)  [requesting donations]

Maher, why DID you decide to host your site in the US? Not that I believe anything bad will happen, it's simply that hosting it in one of the countries I mentioned previously (such as Holland) would have probably given you greater piece of mind.

Or was it that you checked prices plus other offerings and found that "theplanet.com" had a better deal?
It was all about pricing, I can't afford too much!

humbert

Quote from: Maher on November 07, 2011, 10:49 PM

Here I am with my questions  :). As I think I told you once, my wife pays USD 12.95 a month with Yahoo. There are probably better deals out there, but I guess we're just creatures of habit. How much more does it cost to host a site in a "safe" country outside the US? Also, do you pay for hosting with a credit card? I assume that's what you might do because they usually ask you for that (this is how we pay). Then again if that's not possible for you, I can only assume you prepay several months ahead.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on November 11, 2011, 07:00 AM
Quote from: Maher on November 07, 2011, 10:49 PM

Here I am with my questions  :) . As I think I told you once, my wife pays USD 12.95 a month with Yahoo. There are probably better deals out there, but I guess we're just creatures of habit. How much more does it cost to host a site in a "safe" country outside the US? Also, do you pay for hosting with a credit card? I assume that's what you might do because they usually ask you for that (this is how we pay). Then again if that's not possible for you, I can only assume you prepay several months ahead.
I pay semi-annual using a credit card. And I pay far less than the 13 dollars your wife pay :)