• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

LibreOffice 7.6.4 x64 Lite

Started by scarface, May 16, 2016, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Here is a link for LibreOffice 7.6.4 x64 Lite installer (200 Mb):

For windows 7/10/11 x64 only. Xp and Vista are not supported.

Link: Libreoffice

This version has been repacked (the original installer is 297Mb) and the dictionaries were removed except English/Spanish/French/German

The interface is in English.

Note: The Open office Lite topic was deleted. This version is much better for handling odt or pdf files.

humbert

Let me ask you something. When installing LibreOffice, does the install program give you the option of what you want to install or does it forcibly install the whole thing?

scarface

QuoteLet me ask you something. When installing LibreOffice, does the install program give you the option of what you want to install or does it forcibly install the whole thing?

Well, I made this lite repack, deleting every dictionary (except German/Fr/En/Spanish...sorry if you need Arabic or Greek...), and modifying the msi. The original installer asks you to confirm you want to install in %systemdrive%/program files(x86), but not this one, you just have to click next, and libreoffice installs in the default directory (see above). If you want to install this in another directory, extract the exe and execute the msi. Well, if you do that, don't select the missing dictionaries, I deleted them from the "components" and "files" tables in the msi, but I don't know how to remove them from the selection of the installer.

humbert

In the versions of LibreOffice I've seen, it installs as a whole and includes all of it's programs, even those you don't want and will never use. With Office you don't have that problem, it prompts you to install all of it or only what you need. How does this version of LibreOffice do it's installation?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 07, 2016, 03:55 AM
In the versions of LibreOffice I've seen, it installs as a whole and includes all of it's programs, even those you don't want and will never use. With Office you don't have that problem, it prompts you to install all of it or only what you need. How does this version of LibreOffice do it's installation?
Even in Custom installation?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 07, 2016, 08:14 AM
Even in Custom installation?

The question is - does LibreOffice offer a custom installation option? The ones I've seen install the whole thing and show only one icon. When you click on that it gives you the menu of what you want to use. Everything is on there, even stuff you never use.

scarface

This installer is switchless, and therefore doesn't give you the possibility to choose what you want to install. But you can still extract its content, and run the msi file to do a custom install. What's more, if you think some files are useless, you can also delete them and modify the msi file, I would be glad to test a new one. In this one, only the dictionaries were removed, except DE/FR/EN/ES (I removed them because they were taking up much room, and if you need some dictionaries in Arabic or Russian, well, maybe this installer won't fit your needs). I removed the path of the dictionaries in the installer, but the option to install them is still present, if you choose the custom install don't try to tick the box of these dictionaries, or the installer will have weird behaviors (it will ask for the missing files).

Don't forget to watch the clip of PNL (link below).

scarface

The installer was updated to the latest version: 5.3.2

I noticed that a well-known user, Bishnusakha, summoned Maher so that he upload the latest version of IDM. Maybe it would be wise to send him a message to inform him of the request.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 12, 2017, 06:45 PM
Updated to Libre office v.5.4.3

How different is your copy of LibreOffice from the one available for free download? Did you at least manage to get it to install only those parts you need and not the whole thing?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on November 13, 2017, 03:50 AM
Quote from: scarface on November 12, 2017, 06:45 PMUpdated to Libre office v.5.4.3

How different is your copy of LibreOffice from the one available for free download? Did you at least manage to get it to install only those parts you need and not the whole thing?

Actually, there is not a big difference between this and the original version. This version was just repacked (the original installer is weighing 212 Mb) and the dictionaries were removed except English/German/Spanish/French." So it won't install the missing ones... For the rest, it's a silent installer once you you click "next", with a default install but you can customize it if you extract the installer and run it manually. You can also install it completely silently with the following switches: