• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on December 20, 2022, 05:04 AMCommon sausage in sweden, often with pasta, ketchup and mustard.
1.5 kg/3.3lbs
Usually cooked in one piece but you use a spoon to take how much you want.
Personally not a huge fan of sausage

How do you cook it? Do you bake it, microwave it, fry it, or what?

scarface

Today, I'm going to present another recipe.

look carefully at the photos below.

maher and humbert must be flabbergasted: they have never seen anything like this before.
It's a thick slice of pork cut from the hind leg (rouelle de porc in French).
It's very big: the pig was certainly very healthy.
With potatoes, it's delicious.

humbert

Are you going to eat all those potatoes? Seems like an awful lot. I assume you put the rest of the pork in the fridge to eat it later.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on January 18, 2023, 05:16 AMAre you going to eat all those potatoes? Seems like an awful lot. I assume you put the rest of the pork in the fridge to eat it later.
Following the presentation, relevant questions were asked (by humbert).
First and foremost, let's talk about the 7 potatoes: No need to be an ogre to eat all those potatoes, because they are small. Actually, they are known as "rattes du touquet" or fingerling potatoes.
As for the remains of the "rouelle de porc" (slice of pork leg), they were indeed in my fridge. I assume the guests of humbert or Gulliver would be delighted if they were preparing such a dish.

Guliver

That is a huge slab of meat! If you told us you were going to eat it in one sitting, I would have been quite concerned. But like this, it might last you for a few days. And yeah, I'm sure no guest would scoff at a meal like this.

scarface

Quote from: Guliver on January 19, 2023, 12:11 AMThat is a huge slab of meat! If you told us you were going to eat it in one sitting, I would have been quite concerned. But like this, it might last you for a few days. And yeah, I'm sure no guest would scoff at a meal like this.
The little Guliver (a user who sent me an email to get an account on the forum) confirmed my thought; the rouelle de porc won't leave their guests indifferent.
Now, I'm pretty sure that Guliver (with 1 l), humbert, shadow97 and maher don't know which wine to choose for their dish. So I'm giving you this poster:

The layout is in French.
It was displayed in the kitchen of my mother. I finally sold her house lately. I wanted to sell it to humbert, but he certainly prefers the climate of Texas.

scarface

Tonight, I' going to show you something.

Look at the photo below.

I found this device, an electric carving knife, in the garage of my mother. It was bought in November 1971 so it's pretty old. I thought it was a gadget and I decided to try it on a roasted pork shank. Actually, it was very effective.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on January 22, 2023, 11:23 PMTonight, I' going to show you something.

Look at the photo below.

I found this device, an electric carving knife, in the garage of my mother. It was bought in November 1971 so it's pretty old. I thought it was a gadget and I decided to try it on a roasted pork shank. Actually, it was very effective.

I would check the internals before continous usage. I'd be worried about the shielding on cables and so on being flakey and shorting.

I opened up my old dlink dir655 yesterday and replaced some capacitors. I noticed that even on areas where no damage should be, there was corrosion. It made me think some, I genuinely believe the "get a new router" or whatever might be true. Even if yours were perfectly fine on release.
The speed of wifi went up from 30~mbit to 50 just from bad caps replaced.

ONTOPIC:
Would be very interesting to try your meats one day. I'm not the biggest fan of meat in general. Although I love correctly calf, deer, elk and lamb. It's not the easiest to make, and not the cheapest/easiest to get.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on January 25, 2023, 03:26 AMI opened up my old dlink dir655 yesterday and replaced some capacitors. I noticed that even on areas where no damage should be, there was corrosion. It made me think some, I genuinely believe the "get a new router" or whatever might be true. Even if yours were perfectly fine on release.
The speed of wifi went up from 30~mbit to 50 just from bad caps replaced.

I had no idea you knew how to do that. Congrats. How did you know which capacitors to replace? BTW I agree with the "get a new router" idea. They're cheap and ubiquitous. In my opinion no point in wasting time on repairs.

Does the DIR655 even do Wifi-5? Certainly not Wifi-6. And of course, Wifi7 will be out around mid year.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present a long-time favorite in France with the Dessert Cheese plate: this is an elegant way to finish the meal instead of a traditional dessert.

Look carefully at the photo below and especially at the cheese and the glass. I guess this cheese holds no secret for humbert and Vasudev.
Now what kind of cheese is it? And why is the glass so big? Maybe shadow97 or Guliver have the answer.

I'll give more comment later.