• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa1234779

Hellos to you all

Besides meddling around with windows xp, 7, 8 or whatever software... What do you guys & gals play nowadays on  your PCs..'

Starting by myself.. Doom 3 BFG edition.. I played I & II back in 90s & 3 is a great game for catching up that has been tweaked & improved..

What are you playing?
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

Daniil

Hello, comrade.  :)

Well, he-he... My main "game" at last three month was Eclipse IDE for PHP. :) That was a LOT of work, lol! :)

As for true games - my favorites today between FPS is Unreal Tournament (2k4 and III) and Operation Flashpoint - last one mostly because of it enormous modding and editing abilities (ArmA as well, but now it isn't set on my PC); in RTS - WH40k DoW series, I have them all and very like to play it. I also like hardcore avia- and spacesims very much, I playing MSFS 2k4 or Orbiter 2k10 every Saturday. (Today I was frustrated by my joystick, look like my Logitech don't want to work in ForceFeedback mode, damn!)
In mass, my gaming interests is for search non standart, interesting, or extremely exciting, outstanding games (well outstanding means that they are outstanding for me, not for game observers from journals :) ). If I found something like this, I put this game in my collection.

Actually, I'm not play a lot. Before last year I played much more, but then I understand that long gaming is (as for me, don't know how for other people) a try to hide myself from problems and prevent me to live real life. And because of this, I stopped to play a lot, and now playing mostly at weekends.

humbert

I'm not much of a gamer, but Diablo III is one game I've been in love with since the first edition was released years ago. I'm simply hooked on it. A strong graphics card would help tremendously.

scarface

I only have farcry. Ive finished all the mods on crymods.net

Shadow.97

Currently I have Leauge of Legends, as my whole class plays it we have created a new ranked team.
Otherwise; Garry's mod, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Battlefield 3(even if it lags^^), Counterstrike Source, and more, but my friends usually call me out to play games together, so I usually get controlled by them.
Currently I'm just fooling around trying to make Ubuntu run properly on a thumbdrive.

humbert

Give me an idea of some games out there that aren't first person shooters or first person anything. The notion of looking forward as if I were holding a gun and moving around looking for targets makes me dizzy.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Give me an idea of some games out there that aren't first person shooters or first person anything. The notion of looking forward as if I were holding a gun and moving around looking for targets makes me dizzy.
If you like MOBA's you'd probably like Dota2 or League of legends. Also, Euro Truck simulator is first person, but I'm pretty sure you won't get dizzy because well.. It's a well made game in my own opinion.

humbert

I found Dota2 on Steam. After searching Google I found MOBA and League of Legend. On screenshots of Dota2 I'm noticing the characters and the action are pretty close. I prefer looking at the action from slightly higher, as is the case with Diablo or Sims?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on August 29, 2013, 08:40 PM
I found Dota2 on Steam. After searching Google I found MOBA and League of Legend. On screenshots of Dota2 I'm noticing the characters and the action are pretty close. I prefer looking at the action from slightly higher, as is the case with Diablo or Sims?
I've only played DotA1 (On warcraft 3 TFT) so I cannot answer that. It's actually something you'll get used to quite rapidly, when I've been playing warcraft 3 for a while I have a bit of a headache having my characters as close as they are when playing league of legends. And maybe you can zoom in and out in DotA2? I don't know. I think you're able to type -zoom2000 in DotA 1 still, not sure maybe it's the same on DotA 2?

Daniil

At last 4 months I had no time to play games - I had re-organise my business, I finished my freelance coding business and with partners built a programming school. We're teaching application programming languages, web-design (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP), designing robots, using 3D-printers and so on. Also I think about one other, very big and interesting project, but... Till the time, it's a secret.  ;D

Now I have a time again, and I surprisingly found very interesting game. It's a Kerbal Space Program. I'm becomes a crazy fan when it's about space exploration, and KSP takes my heart.
But I must warn you. This game requires some knowledges of rocket science. It's not hard for me, because I'd interested with this since 12 y.o.. But for new people it can be difficult. Also, for those who are experienced rocketeers, this game could be too unrealistic. It calculates some space effects in simplified, incorrectly manner.