• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Introduce yourself

Started by Maher, January 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Dumb is an understatement - it is the ultimate in stupidity! What makes it even worse is that when they bought the laptop, they paid for Windows 7. It's a little like paying full price for a Cadillac and continuing to drive an average car.

To take a laptop such as the one you mentioned and put XP on it isn't something the average guy can do. One thing they must do it chase down drivers for just about everything assuming they're still being written. I wonder how they even obtained the proper SATA drivers for installation. Being a school, they can't exactly turn around and download Maher's release from TPB - they have to do it legally. Since these people don't know which way is up, clearly they must have paid a programmer to do it for them. It is a classic example of somebody who simply stick with what he knows and refuses to learn. It reminds of that World War I general who, when the British were first experimenting with tanks, he said this was a dumb idea because in warfare, now and forever, nothing would ever replace the horse!

I wonder if any of these people who refuse to learn know that Microsoft has already announced that support for XP will be permanently discontinued in 2014. No more add-ons will be written nor any future Microsoft software will work with it (Office 2013 will not work with XP, for example). I'm going to have fun with these guys as hackers attack vulnerabilities that MS will never issue a patch for.

BigBoyBlue

Hi,
I'm Geoff from the UK
Many Thanks to Maher for the great uploads

Ahmad

Welcome Geoff :)
Wish you all the best.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: BigBoyBlue on December 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi,
I'm Geoff from the UK
Many Thanks to Maher for the great uploads

Is your name pronounced like "jeff" or differently? What city in the UK are you in. Just give me the name, I'll find it on Google maps.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on December 25, 2012, 08:14 PM
Dumb is an understatement - it is the ultimate in stupidity! What makes it even worse is that when they bought the laptop, they paid for Windows 7. It's a little like paying full price for a Cadillac and continuing to drive an average car.

To take a laptop such as the one you mentioned and put XP on it isn't something the average guy can do. One thing they must do it chase down drivers for just about everything assuming they're still being written. I wonder how they even obtained the proper SATA drivers for installation. Being a school, they can't exactly turn around and download Maher's release from TPB - they have to do it legally. Since these people don't know which way is up, clearly they must have paid a programmer to do it for them. It is a classic example of somebody who simply stick with what he knows and refuses to learn. It reminds of that World War I general who, when the British were first experimenting with tanks, he said this was a dumb idea because in warfare, now and forever, nothing would ever replace the horse!

I wonder if any of these people who refuse to learn know that Microsoft has already announced that support for XP will be permanently discontinued in 2014. No more add-ons will be written nor any future Microsoft software will work with it (Office 2013 will not work with XP, for example). I'm going to have fun with these guys as hackers attack vulnerabilities that MS will never issue a patch for.

Hey, I believe you are a little wrong, I visited when they installed windows in our school computers(everyone gets like a weak of "work" to do in a real business. You just plug the powercord in and an internet cable connected to some computer or something that has ghost, and you can install windows XP/7 on all the computers simply by pressing F11(i think it was) during boot and then select Ghost, and after that  Windows xp, or go to the computers name and then selecting Install.
By the way, when i was there we installed XP over windows 7 machines, and they were still labled with the Windows 7 keys, so i took photo's of like 5 of them if it is something you want :)

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on January 03, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hey, I believe you are a little wrong, I visited when they installed windows in our school computers(everyone gets like a weak of "work" to do in a real business. You just plug the powercord in and an internet cable connected to some computer or something that has ghost, and you can install windows XP/7 on all the computers simply by pressing F11(i think it was) during boot and then select Ghost, and after that  Windows xp, or go to the computers name and then selecting Install.
By the way, when i was there we installed XP over windows 7 machines, and they were still labled with the Windows 7 keys, so i took photo's of like 5 of them if it is something you want :)

I misunderstood you. If we're talking a situation where they at least leave you an option, that's another thing entirely. The bad part is to force people to downgrade and at the same time to throw away the Windows 7 they paid for. From what you're telling me that's not the case here.

Ahmad

Quote from: Jovanov81 on January 10, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hi I'm from Macedonia and I'm not new here just forgot my old username....
The main reason why I register again is Windows 8
I don't know about you people byt I have the activator that works perfectly(unlock the personalisation and activate windows8)
I format my laptop more then 15 times,try all versions from torrent sites and all posible activators...

What is important is the next - Activator works only in one version of Windows 8 and for now only this version culd be activated (acording me)

I will post links in the appropriate topic so you can all download,tnx

Hello and welcome back with your new name. :)
This will be great from you.
Thanks.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

@Scarface - do you live in Paris? Are you French? I visited Paris several years ago and I loved it. Everything you hear about Parisians being rude is simply not true. The Metro is terrific. In America there's nothing even close, unless you live in New York. I loved the fact that you do not have to have a car. Here without a car, you're dead.

scarface

Yes I live in Paris. Still you wouldnt want to live where I live and pay what I pay for the rent. The metro is a plus, thats right and if you are a tourist its useful, but a large part of the suburb is not covered at all.
And thats right, cars are not needed. My 20 year old car has been broken by looters last years, so I dont have it anymore. I live in the eastern Paris, its not as rich as what you see on the postcards.

humbert

@Scarface - what are you doing up at 4:04am?  :)

Yes, I'm familiar with the fact that the entire European community is expensive. When I went there I bought a complete package with airplane and hotel. I remember the hotel I was in was OK but not really luxurious, and I couldn't believe it when I saw that the price was about 250â,¬ a night!

I didn't just stay in the tourist areas, I went all around on the metro. Sure, some areas are better than others, but I didn't see anything really deprimental like you'd see even here in America.