Author Topic: General chat room  (Read 65111 times)

July 11, 2021, 08:31 PM
Reply #320
  • Global Moderator
My father was in a motorbike accident. He's fine, broken ribs, punctured lung and broken arm.
Booked a flight for tomorrow to go see him.

Every time I hear of a motorcycle rider inevitably I hear about an accident. Some are worse than others. My cousin's husband was killed in one. If he had simply worn a helmet chances are he'd be alive today. Do you know if your father was wearing one?

Here in Texas they force us to wear seat belts while riding in a car. There is, however, no law making motorcycle helmets complusory. This is beyond my comprehension.

Researching travel restrictions, and different rules etc are brutally hard. I'd say it's harder than final boss fights, because you only know if you've done everything right when you're at the destination.

I assume this has everything to do with Covid19. Do you think it's possible to get yourself vaccinated in Sweden once you make it there? Here as of this writing 55.46% of the population has had at least one dose of vaccine and 44.16 are fully vaccinated. Everything is reopening, masks are no longer required in many places, and the number of new infections and deaths continues to drop.

July 16, 2021, 10:44 AM
Reply #321
My father was in a motorbike accident. He's fine, broken ribs, punctured lung and broken arm.
Booked a flight for tomorrow to go see him.

Every time I hear of a motorcycle rider inevitably I hear about an accident. Some are worse than others. My cousin's husband was killed in one. If he had simply worn a helmet chances are he'd be alive today. Do you know if your father was wearing one?

Here in Texas they force us to wear seat belts while riding in a car. There is, however, no law making motorcycle helmets complusory. This is beyond my comprehension.

Researching travel restrictions, and different rules etc are brutally hard. I'd say it's harder than final boss fights, because you only know if you've done everything right when you're at the destination.

I assume this has everything to do with Covid19. Do you think it's possible to get yourself vaccinated in Sweden once you make it there? Here as of this writing 55.46% of the population has had at least one dose of vaccine and 44.16 are fully vaccinated. Everything is reopening, masks are no longer required in many places, and the number of new infections and deaths continues to drop.

First thing I did was to book a vaccine. I will get it the 21st :) Unsure which yet though. You only get to know when you're in the facilities.
I've not seen a single person in sweden wear masks. Everyone took them off when they arrived over the danish border to sweden.
In sweden noone cares about corona. I've had my neighbour come up to me, very close and greet me. I've had my cousin and his girlfriend over for pizza, and another friend driving me from the bus station..

My dad was indeed wearing full covering gear, including back brace and helmet. I'd be suprised if he wasnt wearing a reflective vest as well.
Here helmets are mandatory, but most people think you're insane if you're not wearing additional protection.

July 16, 2021, 08:56 PM
Reply #322
  • Global Moderator
First thing I did was to book a vaccine. I will get it the 21st :) Unsure which yet though. You only get to know when you're in the facilities. I've not seen a single person in sweden wear masks. Everyone took them off when they arrived over the danish border to sweden. In sweden noone cares about corona. I've had my neighbour come up to me, very close and greet me. I've had my cousin and his girlfriend over for pizza, and another friend driving me from the bus station..

A similar situation exists here. When you go out, almost nobody wears masks nor are they required. I'm also noticing on TV that stadiums are full of people. Inevitably cases are rising because only about half the population is vaccinated, but nobody seems to care.

My dad was indeed wearing full covering gear, including back brace and helmet. I'd be suprised if he wasnt wearing a reflective vest as well. Here helmets are mandatory, but most people think you're insane if you're not wearing additional protection.

You guys certainly have the right attitude. Many bikers here think they're indestructible, or maybe that it'll never happen to them. Idiots!

Today at 12:45 PM
Reply #323
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to reveal something.
I found a trunk in a garage in the house of my father. Since he died, I guessed he left it for me. Inside, I found some old photos with my father and my mother. I put some of them on the forum (maybe you remember the photos of the trip to Cairo in 1982) but I deleted this message since it might not be interesting for the users of the forum. And I found another document. A declaration of abandonment of a child dating back to December 1950. My mother was an adopted child. She told me this years ago but I didn't want to believe this. This is evidence she was telling the truth. I will probably never know my real grand parents. I thought that my grandparents were the real ones even if I never knew my grand father - he died in 1981 of lung cancer (he was a coal miner) and I was born shortly after.
The real name of my mother was Catherine De Scherrer. If you are over 90 and if your name is De Scherrer and if you had a daughter in 1950, chances are you are my grand father.