• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 16

Started by Maher, May 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ily

shinbi

Quote from: Maher on May 05, 2017, 10:29 AM
Updated to version 6.28 Build 9..

Hi thank you for your update, but the patch does not work. The notification "Internet Download Manager has been registered with a counterfeit serial number or the serial umber has been blocked, IDM is exiting..."

humbert

Quote from: shinbi on May 05, 2017, 06:36 PM
Hi thank you for your update, but the patch does not work. The notification "Internet Download Manager has been registered with a counterfeit serial number or the serial umber has been blocked, IDM is exiting..."

Ignore the fake serial number nag and apply the patch as soon as IDM exits. Some (but not all) patches look for idman.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager folder and won't work if it's not there. If that's the case simply create that folder and copy idman.exe to it. Once it's patched you can move it back.

If that fails then head to one of the many torrent sites and grab a copy. In all probability only their patch would be needed.

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

covo

Quote from: humbert on May 13, 2017, 03:11 AM

Ignore the fake serial number nag and apply the patch as soon as IDM exits. Some (but not all) patches look for idman.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager folder and won't work if it's not there. If that's the case simply create that folder and copy idman.exe to it. Once it's patched you can move it back.

If that fails then head to one of the many torrent sites and grab a copy. In all probability only their patch would be needed.
hi,
I have a similar situation  --> http://i.imgur.com/qD9M8h7.png, IDM  is installed on D:\ (partition D !)
so (by advice):
in Windows xp I have created
C: \ Program Files \ Internet Download Manager \ IDMan.exe <--- idman.exe is patched.

But it does not help, the message appears after every download...

any advice...?

Vasudev

Quote from: covo on June 02, 2017, 01:59 PM
Quote from: humbert on May 13, 2017, 03:11 AM

hi,
I have a similar situation  --> http://i.imgur.com/qD9M8h7.png, IDM  is installed on D:\ (partition D !)
so (by advice):
in Windows xp I have created
C: \ Program Files \ Internet Download Manager \ IDMan.exe <--- idman.exe is patched.

But it does not help, the message appears after every download...

any advice...?
Disable auto update IDM.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 02, 2017, 05:17 PM
Disable auto update IDM.

Actually there was a problem with the patches for release 11. In my case it would bring up the fake serial prompt but would continue working anyway. If you're experiencing that problem check out the copy on this site. It installs a weird patch but gets rid of the problem.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2017, 05:08 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 02, 2017, 05:17 PM
Disable auto update IDM.

Actually there was a problem with the patches for release 11. In my case it would bring up the fake serial prompt but would continue working anyway. If you're experiencing that problem check out the copy on this site. It installs a weird patch but gets rid of the problem.
I don't use IDM, just using DTA addon on firefox.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 06, 2017, 08:57 PM
I don't use IDM, just using DTA addon on firefox.

I've played around with DTA on Firefox for Linux because there is no IDM for Linux. Unless I'm doing something wrong it's nowhere near as good as IDM.