• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: holdqwer on September 20, 2011, 05:26 AM
I tried to install this on  an AMD processor based system. (dual core x2 something or other)

I got the dreaded IntelPPM infinite reboot issue after install from SP3. Any body else have a work around for this issue?

Is the base of this release an HP OEM source? Apparently HP had a hell of a time with AMD systems after SP3 rollout.

TIA
Can't tell exatly what your ptoblem is.
But I can tell that this is not from an HP OEM source.
It's the original one from Microsoft (except some modifications by me).
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

anivex

Salam,

Used your sept release and everything installed fine, but my keyboard and mouse are not working. I only have a usb mouse but i do have 2 keyboards, one usb and one ps/2. They both work in BIOS but neither works in windows. any suggestions? I'm trying to install drivers for the rest of the stuff but i cant get it going without at least a keyboard.

Maher

Quote from: anivex on September 20, 2011, 03:17 PM
Salam,

Used your sept release and everything installed fine, but my keyboard and mouse are not working. I only have a usb mouse but i do have 2 keyboards, one usb and one ps/2. They both work in BIOS but neither works in windows. any suggestions? I'm trying to install drivers for the rest of the stuff but i cant get it going without at least a keyboard.
Never faced such a problem!
Anyhow, this might help:

keyboard works in bios but not in windows

Good luck.

anivex

Heh, yeah i tried google. This was my last stop. Most of those pertain to usb keyboards or they patched or updated a driver or something that caused it...none that i could find dealt with not being able to use after a fresh install. Was hoping you had seen something....bah...ive tried so much. I tried just reinstalling again and trying to put in the drivers before the install is completed(when it asks for 3rd party driver info) but now when i boot from the disk it just loads up and goes to desktop. Any idea how i may be able to make the reinstall work from booting from disk...keeping in mind that the keyboard only works in bios.

This is on an old stock dell computer, but the mouse and keyboard both worked fine before. The drivers and such from dell are on the disk im trying to install post-setup. but i would figure that it wouldnt have issues with a simple ps/2 connection.  Tried 3 keyboards now and managed to get my hands on a ps/2 mouse, also not working.

KillerKhan

I just downloaded your September Windows XP off of kickasstorrents, and it does not work. According to the info on the torrent's download screen, it states quite clearly that the installation key is already part of the software, and would not be needed. Yet, when I go to install, it immediately asks for one. *** is up with that? Have I wasted my time energy and a cd?

Maher

Quote from: anivex on September 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Heh, yeah i tried google. This was my last stop. Most of those pertain to usb keyboards or they patched or updated a driver or something that caused it...none that i could find dealt with not being able to use after a fresh install. Was hoping you had seen something....bah...ive tried so much. I tried just reinstalling again and trying to put in the drivers before the install is completed(when it asks for 3rd party driver info) but now when i boot from the disk it just loads up and goes to desktop. Any idea how i may be able to make the reinstall work from booting from disk...keeping in mind that the keyboard only works in bios.

This is on an old stock dell computer, but the mouse and keyboard both worked fine before. The drivers and such from dell are on the disk im trying to install post-setup. but i would figure that it wouldnt have issues with a simple ps/2 connection.  Tried 3 keyboards now and managed to get my hands on a ps/2 mouse, also not working.
Really strange! Never ever faced such an issue really.
Try inserting the USB keyboard after Windows starts, does it tell you that it detected new software?

KillerKhan

sippyxanderson

i am using a laptop that previously had windows 7 on it... gotta new hard drive (sata) and installed your windows XP on the drive, everything is perfect except the drivers... they dont work: sound, networks internet, video etc

I know theres that issue with sata drives and installing xp on them but your torrent said something about "sata drives included or something" so why wont it work or am i being stupid :-P

ive got an advent roma 3000

marcelofa

Let me know if this update also comes in spanish.
And I need the password file.rar
Thanks!!

tierraledonne

I downloaded your SP3 July 2011, and I am very new at this, what do I have to do exactly? Burn it to a cd, then install it from that cd? How do I go about using this to do a factory reset on my Toshiba?