• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

You have the latest service pack and will continue to be eligible for support and receive updates until April 8, 2014.
Support is ending for some versions of Windows
Support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) ended on July 12, 2011.
Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on July 13, 2010.*
If you're running one of these versions after support ends, you won't get security updates for Windows.

XP is DEAD. D---E---A---D.
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

garyhablet

After installing the latest version i am trying to run Aida64 extreme edition, to find the mising drivers. But it seems i can not even open any programs. The few i have tried give the error: Windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file, you may not have the apropriate permissions to access them. This happens with control panel and any .exe i try to load. What could it be? Should i try a fresh install? I did get a few error messages during install

BLADESHARK

@ garyhablet

did u upgrade from your previously installed xp or did a clean install?????

espmilosj

Hi, first thanks for uploads and your support!
I have one problem during set up when windows loads files on a blue screen. In one moment I got message iteatapi.sys is corrupted. What can be possible solution. I'm installing xp sp3 on Toshiba A300-1GN that already have win7...
Thanks!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: espmilosj on February 11, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hi, first thanks for uploads and your support!
I have one problem during set up when windows loads files on a blue screen. In one moment I got message iteatapi.sys is corrupted. What can be possible solution. I'm installing xp sp3 on Toshiba A300-1GN that already have win7...
Thanks!

Burn the image at the lowest speed possible and then u will have no problems of any corrupted files ;)

mocharoll

Hi. Can anyone tell me which SATA oem drivers are included in the latest release? TYVM.

Vic

Quote from: bladeshark on February 10, 2012, 07:24 AM
Quote from: Vic on February 10, 2012, 03:10 AM
with this version of Win XP SP3 I can't load any external HDDs with Malwarebytes Anti-malware installed. They worked fine with XP SP2, but not June 2011 or Jan 2012 SP3 by Maher. Anyone know how to get these external HDDs to boot with Mbam and this SP3?

(Microsoft Windows XP Professional  5.1.2600.3.1252.44.1033.18.2047.1430)

CAUSE:-- This problem can occur if there are corrupted or incorrect keys in the registry.

RESOLUTION:-- Clean your registry with Advanced System Optimizer or Ccleaner or any other registry cleaners, but make sure to first make a backup of your current registry block.
if still your problem is not fixed
download Microsoft fix it and run the program for errors.
if still problem persists reply here
GOOD LUCK VIC. ;) ;)

I cleaned about 27 errors in the registry cleaner in Ccleaner, but it made no difference. My external HDDs ONLY freeze when Malwarebytes antimalware is installed, but the EXACT same version was fine in WinXP SP2. It's only stopping my external HDDs from booting in SP3. If I uninstall mbam, they boot again. But the problem is this SP3, because the same version of Mbam worked with my HDDs in SP2.

humbert

Quote from: Vic on February 13, 2012, 05:42 AM
I cleaned about 27 errors in the registry cleaner in Ccleaner, but it made no difference. My external HDDs ONLY freeze when Malwarebytes antimalware is installed, but the EXACT same version was fine in WinXP SP2. It's only stopping my external HDDs from booting in SP3. If I uninstall mbam, they boot again. But the problem is this SP3, because the same version of Mbam worked with my HDDs in SP2.

Is Ccleaner's registry cleaner the only one you use? That one's very weak and finds very few errors. By all means download an industrial strength registry cleaner and use it regularly. There are tons of them and they're all over the torrents. I'm currently using Raxco Perfect Registry, but I keep about 5 more in stock, just in case.

Keep in mind the Windows registry is nothing more than a huge landfill where tons and tons of garbage are kept there. All that's loaded into memory when you boot up.

Vic

I stopped using registry cleaners years ago because they can sometimes cause some serious problems, all for the sake of maybe speeding up your computer (a little). If I knew exactly which registry error to fix/clean, I'd do it, but I have no idea what's causing this problem.

Registry is a very complex and delicate thing. What constitutes an "error" in it is very much a subjective call--for example, many of what get called "registry errors" are things that look like stray keys...but which are, in fact, still serving some essential purpose. They may be tagged to a piece of software that you no longer have installed, for example...but are also being used (perhaps without appropriate documentation) by other programs or functions as well--and "cleaning" them will cause them all to crash at your feet.
A lot of experts don't advise touching the registry at all, if there's any way you can possibly avoid it. There's just too much that can go wrong, and leave you with a mess you could format your hard drive and reload before you'd ever straighten out. So I'd run, don't walk, in the opposite direction from this hack job you've come across, and if you absolutely must do some housekeeping on your registry, trust it to Norton!

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Raxco-Perfect-Registry/td-p/567770

humbert

Quote from: Vic on February 14, 2012, 05:22 AM
I stopped using registry cleaners years ago because they can sometimes cause some serious problems, all for the sake of maybe speeding up your computer (a little). If I knew exactly which registry error to fix/clean, I'd do it, but I have no idea what's causing this problem.

You know, I don't recall an occasion where a registry cleaner has caused me a problem. I think you were using a bad one. If the registry didn't get dirty and full of garbage, I don't think there'd be so many cleaners available.