• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: kalashnikov on April 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
Greetings, seems its asking for a key, anyone know what is it?

I thank you in advance :)

EDIT:

Woot, i found it, nevermind :D
:) :) :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

hayder78

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 09, 2012, 09:58 AM
Quote from: hayder78 on April 09, 2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks Bro for the reply
Anytime Bro  :) :)

There is nothing wrong in the device Manager.
OK

You are absolutely right that there is some software caused this problem.
:) :)

I have installed some programs ~1month ago, but even with uninstalling them the problem has not been solved.
You probably have not cleaned your registry yet.[I think so]. Grab Tune Up Utilities or Advanced System Optimizer from their Homepage [I have PM'd you the Homepage and the Serial Key of those 2 Programs] So download the trial version and insert the serials and you won't have problems of the trial version's limited functionality.
Run the Registry Cleaner [Tune up utilities recommended because ASO does not have a very user friendly interface]keep it scanning & repairing multiple times, until it shows 0 Problems/errors found. Do let me know how many problems you found in the first scan and the next one then the next one consecutively.
After you get the result as 0 Problems/errors found, then go to Registry De-fragment and run it. It might ask you to reboot for the de-fragmentation of your registry.
Now check whether you face your similar problems like you faced before. :P

I am thinking to installing as a repair installation from Maher's March 2012 XP release
If you have made up your mind to do a Windows installation then I recommend you to do a clean install. It is always recommended to do a clean install to avoid future problems. ::)

All the drivers are up to date from the Gigabyte's website.
You are clear here. :D

I have updated the BIOS to the latest stable version, and nothing changed.
Good can you provide me the tutorial for how you updated the bios. :P

Thanks again for the help
You are most Welcome. :)

Don't forget to check your PM inbox. ;) :)

Thanks Bro for all the help. Unfortunately Tune up did not solve the problem. It did found many errors and repaired them, but that was not a solution.

Thanks for the help though. Apparently, you have tried your best!

Oh, and about the driver installation from GigaByte website

I just chose the model and downloaded the drivers from there . Then executed the exe files as their instruction and with each installation there would be a restart.

isengoethe

Tried installing Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated March 2012. Copied it to my other partition which is D. Extracted the iso. Rebooted to Safe mode with command prompt. run winnt32 in i386 folder. Was asked to enter serial key. Entered MR49R... no good. Also tried V2C47... no good also.

My current OS is XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600). I also don't have a cd drive.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: isengoethe on April 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Was asked to enter serial key. Entered MR49R... no good.
The MR49R ... key is the Genuine Student Key, which works with the VLK version of Windows not the OEM.
It is a Genuine Key, you might have entered it wrong.
Check again. :)

BLADESHARK

Hey hayder78 8)
You might find some solution here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477

hayder78

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hey hayder78 8)
You might find some solution here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477

Thanks for the help Bladeshark

I have solved the issue. I will list what I have done so may be somebody in the future find this solution helpful.

Right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Event view -> system (or application)

Then see at the time that the pc is restarted or the time that the problem occurred, what errors or warnings are shown?

Most probably that by solving this issue the problem of hanging up during restart or shutdown will be fixed.

If it is a service, try to shut it down before doing restart. Or uninstall the responsible program doing this service if possible. Or at least uninstall then install again and see. The last chance is to shut down the service from the service manager each time before shutdown or restart.

My problem was an error in the wireless USB adapter.

So, I have uninstalled the driver and downloaded the latest version and installed it.

After that everything went Ok and my issue has been solved.

My USB wireless adapter was Asus USB N-13
But that does not matter. The principle is the same, which is to check in the event viewer what was the error and try to solve it.

Thanks again

Regards
Haider

BLADESHARK

Perfect Solution!!!!!!
I am happy you figured it out. :D
Though I was not very useful. :P :-[
;D

hayder78

Quote from: BLADESHARK on April 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
Perfect Solution!!!!!!
I am happy you figured it out. :D
Though I was not very useful. :P :-[
;D

Your intention to help is much more important. You tried your best apparently.

Helping others will have its flashback. Help others and somebody sometimes will help you. I hope our culture will move toward helping cultured society , hopefully in the near future.

jct883

I was told I need to change from 32bit to 64 bit so I would get full memory on my computer. I have a hp dc5100 evo sff. Where can I find a copy of XP Pro /sp3 for my computer. Not real sure about computers, but trying to learn. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ahmad

Hello jct883.  :)

Yes, 64 bit OS reads full memory.
32 bit doesn't read more than 4 GB of RAM. (may be 3 GB or more or less)

For Maher's April XP release (32bit) :
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7186404/Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_Integrated_April_2012

Good luck.  ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.