• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Quote from: UndeadLord on April 29, 2012, 11:46 PM
will this keep my personal files on here or will i need to move them off first?
If you are planning to format ONLY the C Drive, then you will have to backup your files to another drive. For eg: D Drive and just format the C Drive
If you are planning to format the WHOLE HDD then you will have to backup all your drives or files to an external HDD.

Quote from: UndeadLord on April 29, 2012, 11:46 PM
+ i am not too sure if my hard drive is a SATA drive or not, will it still work either way?
I think so you might be having SATA HDD unless & until your pc is not tooooo old
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on April 30, 2012, 01:24 AM
@ humbert
YES, you're right.
It just helps to compare the value of the file you have with the value that Maher posts >>>  If they are identical, then you have the right file with no viruses or problems [The same file from the vendor].
SO, its job is all about checking and being sure you have the same file.
:) :D

All this makes perfect sense. What I wasn't aware of was the fact that Maher posts a hash too. I just looked inside the ISO of February's Win 7-64 which Bladeshark gave me the torrent link for, and I'm not seeing a text file with any kind of hash on it. If I wanted the check the hash on that ISO, how exactly would I go about it?

Ahmad

@ humbert
Maher writes the hash value on Windows page on SoftArchive.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

sarkar39

hello maher   my laptop is lenovo g470(i3 core) can i install this ex on my  laptop plz tell me thx ?

Shadow.97

Quote from: sarkar39 on May 02, 2012, 06:00 AM
hello maher   my laptop is lenovo g470(i3 core) can i install this ex on my  laptop plz tell me thx ?
Is it this laptop??: http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Lenovo_G470_5907-1145
if it is you will be able to run it very well. If you dont run into compability problems with other things..

BLADESHARK

Quote from: sarkar39 on May 02, 2012, 06:00 AM
Yes Sarkar39 8), you will be able to install Maher's XP on your Lenovo g470(i3 core) laptop.  :)
But I recommend you to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for getting the most out of your Laptop. :P
Have a Nice Day. :)
Bye :D

UndeadLord

ok cool, thanks you 2

my driver is an IDE :-\
will this windows xp still work?

+ just noticed, my computer is currently running XP professional SP2, would it still work?

BLADESHARK

Quote from: UndeadLord on May 03, 2012, 02:45 PM
Don't know Never tried  :(
Try and then post here :)

would it still work?
What should work?  :-\

Ahmad

ok cool, thanks you 2

+ just noticed, my computer is currently running XP professional SP2, would it still work?

Hello UndeadLord. :)

My drive is also an IDE as my computer is old, and I'm working with Maher's XP very well.
The difference is that I don't need the SATA drivers that Maher includes in his XP, BUT it doesn't make any problems because they are as if they don't exist.

SO, if that what you are asking for, go ahead and this XP will work with your computer very well.

Good luck.  :) ;) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

UndeadLord

Quote from: Ahmad on May 04, 2012, 03:31 AM
ok cool, thanks you 2

Hello UndeadLord. :)

My drive is also an IDE as my computer is old, and I'm working with Maher's XP very well.
The difference is that I don't need the SATA drivers that Maher includes in his XP, BUT it doesn't make any problems because they are as if they don't exist.

SO, if that what you are asking for, go ahead and this XP will work with your computer very well.

Good luck.  :) ;) :D

Thanks for all your help :)