• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainMarvel

This may be a stupid question ... but can I use this to UPGRADE my current Windows XP install ???

Mine has been giving me problems as of late - but I don't want to wipe out everything I have on my system hard drives.

Thanks !!!

Ahmad

Quote from: CaptainMarvel on August 27, 2012, 01:28 AM
This may be a stupid question ... but can I use this to UPGRADE my current Windows XP install ???

Mine has been giving me problems as of late - but I don't want to wipe out everything I have on my system hard drives.

Thanks !!!

Yes, you can.
You might need the serial, you can find it here:

http://pastebin.com/ymDs4wR8

Good luck.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: benjy206 on August 20, 2012, 08:07 PM
do i have to change the file to ISO and make it bootable
You have to do nothing just burn the image file into a blank CD.

Quote from: benjy206 on August 20, 2012, 08:07 PM
Also do i have to format the hard drive before i do this or is it in the setup as i install?
depend on you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

BLADESHARK

Quote from: tylerl on August 22, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hi, I just downloaded the Aug 2012 ISO and was just wondering if I could add in driverpacks using DriverBASE and then Direct Burn as a bootable ISO using nLite?
you can do what you want if you know how to.. :D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Apsam on August 22, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hey fellas, I'm wondering is it possible to use this ISO in VirtualBox/Parralells on a Mac?
YES

BLADESHARK

Quote from: mrc333777 on August 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
whats the crc or sh1 or md5 of the august xp .iso
Hashes of August ISO file:
* CRC32: 2F273E4B
* MD5: D501742C845253F0B869FD7B33EB9D54
* SHA-1: 967460F1322217E5212C205ABACA7AD366B0E7BE
:D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: uzz3r on August 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hi I recently downlaoded Windows XP August edition with no problem.. But when I extracted the file using winrar it gave a total of 182 erros... Here are a few of the errors it gave:

C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create SUPPORT
!   C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create VALUEADD
!   C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create I386\ASMS
!   C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create I386\COMPDATA
!   C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create I386\DRW
!   C:\Users\Tom\Documents\xpp\Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.August.2012.SATA.By.Maher.[www.nomaher.com].iso: Cannot create I386\LANG

Does anyone know why this happened and how it can be resolved?

Thanks in advance
have you typed the password correctly????? ???
Password:
maherz.softarchive.net

BLADESHARK

Quote from: CaptainMarvel on August 27, 2012, 01:28 AM

Thanks !!!
as my dear friend suggested
YOU CAN :D

clifford

Just installed the new "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated August 2012"

But whatever I do my network controller,ethernet controller, video controller and audio controller  and some more doesn't work???

Please what can I do to let them work.. I couldn't even get the names of those devices, they're unknown. :S

Ahmad

Quote from: clifford on August 29, 2012, 07:48 AM
Just installed the new "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated August 2012"

But whatever I do my network controller,ethernet controller, video controller and audio controller  and some more doesn't work???

Please what can I do to let them work.. I couldn't even get the names of those devices, they're unknown. :S

You need to install your PC's drivers for sound, graphic and LAN from the CD that came with it, because they are not integrated in the XP release.

If you don't have it, you can download DriverPack Solution from Here .
It'll search for the uninstalled drivers on your PC and install them.

P.S:  Its size 3GB.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.