• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Terror

2 Questions I have about your XP. (If they have been answered please just point me to the right direction so you don't need to repeat yourself)

1) Windows XP is only 32bit correct? You haven't changed it to allow 64bit?
2) Since it's just a retail version it won't be supported anymore after the developers stop. Or will you be?

Ahmad

Quote from: The Red Terror on September 18, 2012, 11:12 PM
2 Questions I have about your XP. (If they have been answered please just point me to the right direction so you don't need to repeat yourself)

1) Windows XP is only 32bit correct? You haven't changed it to allow 64bit?
2) Since it's just a retail version it won't be supported anymore after the developers stop. Or will you be?

1-) There is XP 64-bit. BUT Maher doesn't do releases for it because they say it has problems. Of course Maher's XP [32-bit] runs very well on 64-bit processors because 64-bit processors support 32-bit systems. But 32-bit processors don't support 64-bit systems.

2-) I'll answer according to my understanding..
Actually, Maher modifies on the original XP SP3 volume license version NOT the retail. Anyway, Microsoft will stop the support for XP in April 2014. After that, there will be no updates for XP. So, I think Maher will continue his work for XP till this time.

I hope you find what you seek in my answer.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ahmad

Quote from: rizthegame on September 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
HELLO EVERYONE.....
I am new and Desperately need help...

I was trying to install Windows xp sp3 august 2012
And during installation i got at error saying Error file not found
and than its saying some file named presetup.cmd and setuporg.exe are not found
and possible cause that both files not exist in i386 folder...

CAN you please break it down in easy words how to fix it please please will really appreciate

I think this is a problem of burning.. Burn the ISO file you downloaded as image [not data] with the lowest burning speed and verify after burning.

You can refer to these links for more help:

http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=652
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=684.0

Good luck.  ;)

ivanoivtchi

i just Burnt the iso file xp sp3 intergrated september and august 2012 i get winzip is not a validwin32 application if i down load the other months iso i get different files saying its not a valid win32 application anyone else getting this?

thanks

vitchi

tattooonyou

My bro had the same prob, used 7zip instead, worked from there. hope that helps

zcedar

Hi, I have a 64-Bit laptop with 4 GB of RAM, I'd Installed the latest release of maher's xp, is there any tricks so that  i can use all 4 GB of my laptop?

tnx

Cellistme

Ok so I own a mac and I downloaded "XP_DVD.iso" and I want to use this to download Boot Camp, but I can't send it to my flash drive to download, could you help me??
I have thought about inserting a different flash drive to see if it's bigger but right now I can't find it so I wanted to know if there was anything you could do to help me in my current situation?

Ahmad

Quote from: zcedar on September 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hi, I have a 64-Bit laptop with 4 GB of RAM, I'd Installed the latest release of maher's xp, is there any tricks so that  i can use all 4 GB of my laptop?

tnx

This link may help:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.msg3547#msg3547

Good luck. ;)

humbert

Quote from: zcedar on September 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
tnx

Ahmad is correct in his post. This happens because some of the motherboard's programming has to be copied to RAM for everything to operate properly.

If I were you, I'd grab a copy of the Chief's Win-7 Ultimate x64 and install it on your drive. even it it means having to reformat. I also have a 3 year old laptop with 4-GB RAM and a 64-bit compatible processor, and the old clunker runs great on it.

As I see it, the only guys who should still be running 32bit OS' are those who are stuck with an old system and can't upgrade. My dear friend Ahmad is in that situation, hopefully not much longer.  :)

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on September 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
If I were you, I'd grab a copy of the Chief's Win-7 Ultimate x64 and install it on your drive.

I agree.
As long as you have 4GB of RAM, you should run Windows 7 64-bit.