• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korey

Ahmad, it works like a charm, mate!
Thanks so much, again! :D
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Ahmad

Quote from: Korey on October 21, 2012, 03:53 PM

At your service, dear. :)
I just love to help when I know.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Korey

Quote from: Ahmad on October 22, 2012, 01:23 AM
Quote from: Korey on October 21, 2012, 03:53 PM

At your service, dear. :)
I just love to help when I know.

Glad to hear that, because there's one little thing that's been bothering me ever since last night.
The audio isn't working at all.
I downloaded Realtek, checked for drivers, etc., yet it still doesn't work.
Please help?
Can you do Teamviewer, or no? :s
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Ahmad

Have you used DriverPack Solution ?
It should install Sound driver also.

Are you sure your sound card is from Realtek as there are other models like VIA . You should install the proper driver for it.
And for that, I recommend DriverPack Solution because it searches for missing drivers and installs them.

Regarding Teamviewer, I wish I could. But I never used it before.. Also I have a very bad internet (256 Kb/s) !!!
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

The Muadi

I want to ask to questions

1:can you make a x64 version?

2: Are you Arabic?

peace
[/font][/b]

humbert

Quote from: The Muadi on October 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
I want to ask to questions
1:can you make a x64 version
If you're referring to XP, then no. There's too little support for XP-64 to justify it.

2: Are you Arabic?

If mean Ahmad, then yes. Egyptian to be more specific.

peace[/center][/font][/b]

Salaam !!

elite-yu

Pozdrav!

Moj engleski je jako slab, pa moram Serbian language da koristim.
Imam Vas windows XP integrisan oktober 2012 koji sam instalirao i sve je ok. Ja imam jedno pitanje: Kako ste ugradili IE8 i MP11 u instalacioni disk? Interesuje me sa koim programom?

Hvala Vam puno

Sylvester

Ovo je prevod sa GOOGLE prevodioca

Hello!

My English is very poor, so I have to use the serbian language.
I have your Windows XP integrated october 2012 that I installed it and everything is ok. I have one question: How do you installed IE8 and MP11 in the installation disc? With whom I am interested in the program?

Thank you very much

Sylvester

johan23

Hi i use your XP SP3 the October 2012 one..i make a bootable usb from that and it can boot well...
But soon after XP inspecting my hardware, it display this error :
" No previous version of windows nt can be found on your computer, Press F3 to quit".

I am using XP SP3 now and i am planning to install a fresh copy using your XP October one but i am stuck at this error and cannot proceed...What exactly causing it and how to solve it?

Thx very much..

Dunknow

I installed windows xp a few weeks ago and everything was fine but the sound

I couldn't get the audio drivers to install. DriverPack solution doesn't work as I have the full version but it still requires me to download from internet (and website says download isn't available)

I went directly to my computer's website and downloaded the driver from there, restarted the computer, and i end up with a message saying that the driver isn't compatible.

my computer's website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5219351&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5145736&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4062#220

I have also downloaded & installed several Realtek drivers to no avail. What should be my next plan of action?

jl_on_linuxVM

if all fails, and for some reason you cannot get windows to function propperly on your PC at all... here is what I have doen a couple times with success.
1) keep the CD you got with the Maher versions they are good.
2) download a Linux version (the last I used was CentOS5.3 but a recent Ubuntu will do
3) install VirtualBox on it with all addon extensions you can find.
4) create a virtual machine, make sure it has a generic sound card and video card defined. and at the first activation insert the Maher CD
5) Install the Maher CD.

As a result your windows will not function inside the Virtual box, and with a generic sound and video driver.... but will function.
This method even solves issues where for some reason you cannot re-install Windows, because the boot sector is no longer "windows conform"
+
this method --- if your drives are big enough allow you to try out the other Windows versions provided by Maher without having to wipe anything, and it is cleaner than most boot choices.
If for some chance you have a CPU that allows hardware virtualisation (intel VT or AND-VT) then instead of Virtualbox use KVM.
At home on the same box I do now have 1 Windows XP pro and 1 OSx Leopard (Mac), (but that does need some more tweaks). I nice combo.