• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Demonoid Invitation code anyone?

Started by chrismt, June 24, 2011, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on August 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
Quote from: humb25 on August 28, 2011, 06:35 AM
What's the big deal with Demonoid? There are a bunch of pirated torrent sites out there. Even not having an account on Demonoid, you can still get just about anything you want. There are sites I'm signed up on that I haven't visited in months, mostly for lack of time. I wouldn't pursue it any further if I were you.
I used to upload all my stuff there.
But I don't like it anymore, I even deleted my account :)

I can understand that you'd stop uploading stuff to Demonoid and even decide not to visit their site any more. What I don't understand is why would you cancel your account. If I have learned anything in life, it's that you should never burn a bridge -- unless, of course, you had a serious fight with one of their administrators or something of that nature.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on August 29, 2011, 04:41 AM
Quote from: humb25 on August 28, 2011, 06:35 AM
What's the big deal with Demonoid? There are a bunch of pirated torrent sites out there. Even not having an account on Demonoid, you can still get just about anything you want. There are sites I'm signed up on that I haven't visited in months, mostly for lack of time. I wouldn't pursue it any further if I were you.
I used to upload all my stuff there.
But I don't like it anymore, I even deleted my account :)

I can understand that you'd stop uploading stuff to Demonoid and even decide not to visit their site any more. What I don't understand is why would you cancel your account. If I have learned anything in life, it's that you should never burn a bridge -- unless, of course, you had a serious fight with one of their administrators or something of that nature.
Yes I had a fight.
They do not respect people as they should do!
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Yes I had a fight.

Now I understand. Why anyone would act like an ******* toward their users is simply beyond my comprehension. Are you old enough to remember computer bulletin boards, when people set up boards at home and you called them using a modem and a telephone line? It was exactly the same way. There were nice sysops and some real assholes.

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 01, 2011, 05:57 AM
Yes I had a fight.

Now I understand. Why anyone would act like an ******* toward their users is simply beyond my comprehension. Are you old enough to remember computer bulletin boards, when people set up boards at home and you called them using a modem and a telephone line? It was exactly the same way. There were nice sysops and some real assholes.
Yeah, you're right.
No, I'm not that old :)

humbert

Quote from: Maher on September 04, 2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, you're right.
No, I'm not that old :)
[/quote]

I imagined you as a young man. The era I refer to was from 1987 (when I bought my first computer) to about 1993 when the internet became mainstream and essentially ended the bulletin boards (all this makes me feel so old). When the internet became mainstream, I remember there was no GUI (graphical user interface), what you saw when you called your ISP via modem and telephone line was a Unix command line. You had your account there with your directory, and the programs ran on their machine, not yours. In a way it's sad, I even managed to learn Unix and now I forgot it since all you do today is click a mouse. There were no ads, no spam, only information, forums, and you could navigate to some sites that even had files for download (nothing like today, though). I even remember reading back in an early 1990's computer magazine that in the future with 32 bit computing on the horizon, you could read an incredible 4 gigs of memory, "a limitation you will never reach in your lifetime".

Trust me, knowing how fast computing technology moves, soon 32 bit will go the way of the horse and buggy it will be all 64-bit with 128 bit computing on the horizon. How much memory can such a system read? I think it's 2128 bits. How many zeroes is that?

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on September 06, 2011, 07:32 AM
Trust me, knowing how fast computing technology moves, soon 32 bit will go the way of the horse and buggy it will be all 64-bit with 128 bit computing on the horizon. How much memory can such a system read? I think it's 2128 bits. How many zeroes is that?
Toooooo much I guess :)

sherlock

Demonoid is a mad site. I kind of forgot about it, when the site was down. I will check it out again..

humbert

Maher Abu,

Hey, I saw you the other day on Demonoid uploading your stuff. Cool so everyone can share. Let me ask you, did you and the Demonoid staff smoke the peace pipe or what? Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see you on there.

Salaam,

Maher

Quote from: humb25 on October 01, 2011, 04:49 AM
Maher Abu,

Hey, I saw you the other day on Demonoid uploading your stuff. Cool so everyone can share. Let me ask you, did you and the Demonoid staff smoke the peace pipe or what? Whatever the reason, I'm glad to see you on there.

Salaam,
It wasn't me :)
A friend of mine here in qalqilia loves Demonoid too much! He asked me if it's okay to sign up with a user name looks like mine and upload my stuff there (he chose iMaher).
I told him no problem :) That's all.

humbert

Quote from: Maher on October 01, 2011, 12:21 PM
It wasn't me :)
A friend of mine here in qalqilia loves Demonoid too much! He asked me if it's okay to sign up with a user name looks like mine and upload my stuff there (he chose iMaher).
I told him no problem :) That's all.

I wish it was you, but I guess we'll deal with your friend and his contribution to Demonoid and the sharing community. Incidentally, how exactly did he get on? Did he get an invitation code from someone?