• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Will check W7 and W11 copies.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 04, 2022, 06:33 PMWill check W7 and W11 copies.

Please do, and kindly report your findings on W11 and tell us your opinion.

scarface

New versions of windows as well as new Nvidia drivers are available in this topic.
Link here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204
I know that Vasudev and Gulliver were waiting for them.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 15, 2022, 11:02 PMNew versions of windows as well as new Nvidia drivers are available in this topic.
Link here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204
I know that Vasudev and Gulliver were waiting for them.
Hey scarface I totally forgot to download them. I was refreshing my archive ISOs of all Win 7/10/ ISOs and most of them were a year old Nov 2021 SF edition.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 29, 2022, 04:22 PMHey scarface I totally forgot to download them [Nvidia drivers]. I was refreshing my archive ISOs of all Win 7/10/ ISOs and most of them were a year old Nov 2021 SF edition.

Just curious: I can understand downloading Scarface's copies of Windows. But NVidia drivers? Can you just get those from Nvidia's website?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on October 30, 2022, 03:53 AMJust curious: I can understand downloading Scarface's copies of Windows. But NVidia drivers? Can you just get those from Nvidia's website?
Actually you can download them on the Nvdia website indeed.
But the drivers that I upload on the forum are not original, as explained in the message. This is a repack (a smaller version of the original installer). What's more this is a switchless installer.
By the way, note that they were updated today (available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204)

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 30, 2022, 03:53 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 29, 2022, 04:22 PMHey scarface I totally forgot to download them [Nvidia drivers]. I was refreshing my archive ISOs of all Win 7/10/ ISOs and most of them were a year old Nov 2021 SF edition.

Just curious: I can understand downloading Scarface's copies of Windows. But NVidia drivers? Can you just get those from Nvidia's website?
Yeah I used to but I found NvCleanstall which downloads only basic/recommended parts of your choosing potentially getting rid off bloatware or unused features I never use, now it downloads and can repackage with switchless installer and add modded gpu models and tweaks.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 30, 2022, 08:35 PMYeah I used to but I found NvCleanstall which downloads only basic/recommended parts of your choosing potentially getting rid off bloatware or unused features I never use, now it downloads and can repackage with switchless installer and add modded gpu models and tweaks.

Thanks for the tip. I googled it and downloaded a copy. How do you use it? Does Cleanstall download and install the driver for you according to what you want, or do you have to download it yourself?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 31, 2022, 12:12 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 30, 2022, 08:35 PMYeah I used to but I found NvCleanstall which downloads only basic/recommended parts of your choosing potentially getting rid off bloatware or unused features I never use, now it downloads and can repackage with switchless installer and add modded gpu models and tweaks.

Thanks for the tip. I googled it and downloaded a copy. How do you use it? Does Cleanstall download and install the driver for you according to what you want, or do you have to download it yourself?
If you refer this guide here https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/ you will see 3 options:
  • Download latest version
  • Download specific version
  • Use extracted directory of existing driver exe if you have downloaded previously

I usually did step 3 which is downloading full driver suite and then removing bloatware. Now step 1 or 2 and letting nvcleanstall will download extracted drivers and downloads to temp folder and download size is around 400MB instead of 800-900MB drivers
[/list]

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on October 31, 2022, 07:11 PMIf you refer this guide here https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/ you will see 3 options:
Download latest version
Download specific version
Use extracted directory of existing driver exe if you have downloaded previously

I usually did step 3 which is downloading full driver suite and then removing bloatware. Now step 1 or 2 and letting nvcleanstall will download extracted drivers and downloads to temp folder and download size is around 400MB instead of 800-900MB drivers
Well, I only used Nvslimmer till now. It was slimming down the drivers and then I was doing the switchless installer myself.
But you say that you can get a 400 mb repack with Nvcleaninstall (My repack size is 700 mb). Then I'm going to test it see what kind of "bloatware" it can find in those drivers.