• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

"We will bury you!!!" Elbrus4 - new russian CPU for desktops.

Started by Daniil, April 30, 2014, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 12, 2022, 04:04 AMOn the topic of Laptop. I'm looking to get a new one. My ideal budget is around 700 for a semi-business laptop. 16gb of ram, 500gb ssd and 6c12t or more. Makes it a squeeze. Especially if you want one with an OK touchpad, screen and keyboard. Wouldnt mind going used. But most of them are years old. And the batteries are usually not so fun after a few years.
The problem today is that few laptops are available on the market due to chip shortage. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it's already out-of-stock. But I could get a i5 11400 instead of a i7 10870h for a similar price. For 719 € I found this:  ASUS P1701CEA-BX378R - Intel Core i3-1115G4 8 Go SSD 256 Go 17.3". It might be good for you. But you could get something better if you buy a second hand laptop.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 12, 2022, 04:04 AMOn the topic of Laptop. I'm looking to get a new one. My ideal budget is around 700 for a semi-business laptop. 16gb of ram, 500gb ssd and 6c12t or more. Makes it a squeeze. Especially if you want one with an OK touchpad, screen and keyboard. Wouldnt mind going used. But most of them are years old. And the batteries are usually not so fun after a few years.
Note that I can sell you my former computer if you are near Lyon or Grenoble (in France) this winter for some business trip (if you spend Christmas with me and some friends you won't be disappointed by the wine). It is a HP with a i5 9300h/16gb (I added 8 G or Ram)/a Nvidia Geforce 1050. I sell it for 300€ if you are ok to come and buy it...

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 12, 2022, 02:42 PMThe problem today is that few laptops are available on the market due to chip shortage. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it's already out-of-stock. But I could get a i5 11400 instead of a i7 10870h for a similar price. For 719 € I found this:  ASUS P1701CEA-BX378R - Intel Core i3-1115G4 8 Go SSD 256 Go 17.3". It might be good for you. But you could get something better if you buy a second hand laptop.

Really? Every time I receive Newegg's newsletter with offers there are always several laptops available for sale. The price is pretty much what you'd expect for "gamers" laptop. If there's a chip shortage going on, here we're not being affected.

humbert

Daniil started this topic with a appropriate subject. So I was wondering about him.

From what I been hearing, Russia is going from bad to worse. Putin is not only a dictator, he has become essentially a Stalinist (an admirer of Stalin who follows in his footsteps). His "special military operation" has become a war of attrition with over 100,000 Russian casualties and counting - and no end in sight. I only hope Daniil is doing well and that he hasn't been conscripted and (at best) found his way out of Russia.

Daniil

Don't worry about me, friends!

Things really went from bad to worse. I've got crazy, and even started to hear a voice in my head. :D  But, to be honest, that voice is very cute, English-speaking and with a lot of common sense. :D  So, I with my girlfriend made our choice.

Greetings from Kazakhstan! :D

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on April 06, 2024, 05:04 PMDon't worry about me, friends!
Things really went from bad to worse. I've got crazy, and even started to hear a voice in my head. :D  But, to be honest, that voice is very cute, English-speaking and with a lot of common sense. :D  So, I with my girlfriend made our choice.
Greetings from Kazakhstan! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally you are safe from the Stalinist dictator in Moscow!! I was truly worried about you.

So tell us: how did you manage to escape? Your girlfriend. Is she Russian or Kasakh? Have you been granted asylum in Kazakhstan? Are you working? So many questions.

You're safe and that's all that matters.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on April 09, 2024, 06:04 AMCONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally you are safe from the Stalinist dictator in Moscow!! I was truly worried about you.

So tell us: how did you manage to escape? Your girlfriend. Is she Russian or Kasakh? Have you been granted asylum in Kazakhstan? Are you working? So many questions.

You're safe and that's all that matters.
Thank you, friend!

About our escape, in a nutshell - I sold my apartment in St.Petersburg, fires from my work, transferred money to Kazakhstan bank through not-so-legal (in Russia) scheme. Than, for a few month, we thought about when we need to left Russia, where should we go, and how should we act after. During this, I collected information about other countries (their troubles and opportunities). After a time, we (with my GF and my "voice-in-my-head") choosed Kazakhstan, as an optimal for opportunities it provides. We left St.Petersburg and flight to Astana.

That's if to say short. In details - nothing good, friends. Maybe I'll tell you about this once, but nothing good in this story. As an example - my own mother choose to stay, and said to me that I'm a "covard and traitor" because I'm leaving. And, also, that no one need me outside of Russia.

It's only a mass madness left in Russia - that's for sure.

My girlfriend is Russian, she's with me for many years already. I even mentioned about her in my previous posts.

About asylum - please, tell me, are you talking about political asylum? Because I heard that term in sense "mental hospital". And - in both cases no. I've got to Kazakhstan as private person, without asking about hideout in any sense.

No, I'm not working yet. We have some money for live here, and I already found here a small company, doing consulting in programming and game development. Without a huge success yet, but as a beginning it's an option. I can find a work for myself as a Unity developer, but I looking for something else. After all I faced I understood that being a programmer isn't a best work.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on April 09, 2024, 05:01 PMWe left St.Petersburg and flight to Astana.

Putin is conscripting anyone to fight his unnecessary war. What surprises me is that you were allowed go get on the plane. I would think there would be a law preventing men who can fight from leaving Russia.

Quote from: Daniil on April 09, 2024, 05:01 PMThat's if to say short. In details - nothing good, friends. Maybe I'll tell you about this once, but nothing good in this story. As an example - my own mother choose to stay, and said to me that I'm a "covard and traitor" because I'm leaving. And, also, that no one need me outside of Russia.

Josef Göebells used to say that any lie, if repeated enough, will be believed. This is exactly what is happening in Russia. The Stalinist dictator's incessant propaganda bombardment has many people fooled. IT IS ALL LIES!! The hard truth is that this despot started an unnecessary war against a democracy that was NEVER a threat to Russia. Losses continue to mount and Putin doesn't care. Putin has $70 billion while his people have trouble putting food on the table. YOU ARE A RUSSIAN PATRIOT! You fight for your country and your people against a bestial dictator who cares nothing about them. Do NOT return to Russia until the Putin dictatorship is beheaded! I find it almost impossible to believe that a mother would prefer a dictator over the life of her son. With all due respect, this is not a mother. Something else to remember: for dictators to stay in power, they need an enemy. If none exists, create one.

Quote from: Daniil on April 09, 2024, 05:01 PMAbout asylum - please, tell me, are you talking about political asylum? Because I heard that term in sense "mental hospital". And - in both cases no. I've got to Kazakhstan as private person, without asking about hideout in any sense.

"Asylum" in English has 2 meanings. "Political asylum" means that a country has granted you the right to stay there because the government in your country is persecuting you. For example, my family was granted political asylum in the USA due to persecution from the Castro regime in Cuba. Based on what you're telling me this is not your case. Any idea of how you could stay in Kazakhstan, not as a visitor, but as a legal resident? I don't know what Kazakh law says, but in most countries you can't legally work unless you're a citizen or have been granted legal residence.

Quote from: Daniil on April 09, 2024, 05:01 PMNo, I'm not working yet. We have some money for live here, and I already found here a small company, doing consulting in programming and game development. Without a huge success yet, but as a beginning it's an option. I can find a work for myself as a Unity developer, but I looking for something else. After all I faced I understood that being a programmer isn't a best work.

Great! You have to start somewhere. Be patient and just hang in there, you will succeed. Let me say this once again: DO NOT return to Russia until the dictatorship is decapitated! And remember too: the people in Russia are brainwashed by nonstop propaganda. You can see through Putin's lies.