• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Android Apps Now Capable Of Running On Windows PCs

Started by CPP_GEEK, April 07, 2015, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPP_GEEK

Google has released a new emulator which allows Android apps to run in any Chrome Browser, whether running on Windows, IOS, or Linux machines. Dubbed the Arc Welder, the tool requires users download the .APK files used for Android apps before running them through the web browser.

The new development opens up the entire Android library of apps, games, and more to PC users. In the development documentation included with Arc Welder’s release, Google claims the apps will run almost as fast through the browser as they would on a dedicated Android phone or tablet.

While the current release of Arc Welder is still an early version, Google has already included Google Play support so apps running through the browser still include all the payment systems you’d expect from a normal app.

If you want to give it a go then all you need to is download the Arc Welder app and grab the APKs from Google’s Play Store, or alternative sources. To download the APKs you’re going to need a separate Chrome extension such as APK Download.

At the moment Arc Welder is limited to just a single app running at any time, but you get the full gamut of choices for landscape and portrait layouts, as well as running it as a phone or tablet app.

A promising start from Google at unifying its two technologies, will you be giving this a download? What games do you think will benefit the most from PC compatibility?
a.a View my forum: cgeeks.smfnew2.com

humbert

Let's see if this thing actually works. Every attempt I've made to get Bluestacks to work has ended in failure. Maybe someday somebody will write a working Android emulator that doesn't depend of the hated Google Chrome browser, or any other Chromium browser for that matter.

Vasudev

Bluestacks was painstakingly slow & bloated, it brought my pc to its knees. If you want true android emulation try downloading android iso and try it on VMware.

CPP_GEEK

I have tested it before post it.. Here the screenshot.

a.a View my forum: cgeeks.smfnew2.com

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 08, 2015, 04:42 PM
Bluestacks was painstakingly slow & bloated, it brought my pc to its knees. If you want true android emulation try downloading android iso and try it on VMware.

Is this thing an OS unto itself? Could you install it on an old PC with no OS on it?

Has anybody tested this thing?

Shadow.97

Half related. I use Genymotion, it works together with Virtualbox, you can decide which phonemodel you want to emulate, it's super smooth, but a few glitches are to be expected.

Also, works on ubuntu.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 09, 2015, 04:03 AM
Half related. I use Genymotion, it works together with Virtualbox, you can decide which phonemodel you want to emulate, it's super smooth, but a few glitches are to be expected.
Also, works on ubuntu.

Is this an OS unto itself, or a program that works under Ubuntu or your favorite Linux distro?

iih

YouWave for Android 3.22 [Latest version], Also can do it well, besides BlueStacks
YouWave Patch by REPT
Tested AdGuard
Screenshot
Enjoy
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 09, 2015, 04:18 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 09, 2015, 04:03 AM
Also, works on ubuntu.

Is this an OS unto itself, or a program that works under Ubuntu or your favorite Linux distro?
You chose from a list of available roms, i think you can use your own too. Genymotion is a plugin into another program, or a standalone program.

Vasudev

I installed bluestacks into XP on VM. It'll ask you to connect to internet and downloads around 230MB. Yes Humbert its an OS onto itself. All unwanted apps & ads will be present in free version of bluestacks.
As an alternative go for Andy or download android iso and try ur apps by downloading apps manually & installing the same.