• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 06, 2022, 08:34 PMIn Iran it's allowed for non-Muslims. But you forgot Afghanistan, Somalia and Yemen. And in Pakistan it's also forbidden for Muslims I think.

It's not so much that I forgot. It's that the 3 countries you mentioned are very unstable and, to some degree, don't even have a legitimate government.

With respect to Iran I think you refer to foreign visitors who aren't Muslims. If you are Iranian you can't exactly decide you no longer want to be a Muslim and start drinking. People accused of drinking who were given 60 lashes will confirm this. Even if you were a foreign visitor and wanted a beer, where exactly do you find one?

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to show you another dish.

Look carefully at the photo below.

Vasudev and aa1234779 must be thinking that it's a pretty big sausage. Actually, it's not a French saucisson, but a Spanish pork sausage called "fuet". When I presented the Corsican Figatellu, I remember that shadow.97 used an elaborate vocabulary to describe it and neither I nor humbert could understand it. I guess this sausage looks funny as well.
This kind of sausage pairs well with red wine or beer. With this fuet, I'm enjoying a cold beer.

scarface

Today, I'm going to show you a cheese that you already know.

Look carefully at the photo below

What you see here is a camembert.
The original Camembert cheese is made from raw cow's milk. It was created in Normandy, France in 1791. Today, however, a very small percentage of producers make cheese from raw milk, they use pasteurized milk instead. Those who produce cheese using raw milk can legally call their cheese Camembert de Normandie under the AOC guidelines.

The fresh Camembert cheese is bland, hard and crumbly in texture. It has a milky and sweet taste. As the cheese matures it forms a smooth, runny interior and a white bloomy rind that is typical to Camenbert cheese. It has a rich, buttery flavour. Its white bloomy rind is caused by a white fungus, called penicillium candidum.The rind is meant to be eaten with the cheese.

If aa1234779 and shadow.97 are wondering which piece I'm going to take first, well, I think I'm going to choose the small one. But there is a funny scene in the movie "Le Pari" where a camembert is cut, and the character doesn't choose the small piece. I remind you that you can watch this movie here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1023.msg37813#msg37813