• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Note that I recommend selling Natixis at 3.38â,¬. I sold all my positions in Natixis.
On the short term, there could be another coup de tabac for the bank stocks.

I suggest buying Publicis at 24.8 â,¬ with a price target at 27â,¬. The firm announced the dividend  of 2.30â,¬ was maintained.
I jumped on the bandwagon this morning at 24.30â,¬.

However, on the short term, the correction of the stock markets could proceed. The Dow Jones could go back to 19000 points since it seems the coronavirus is spreading rapidly in the US. Note that the virus took its toll in Iraq and Palestine too.

scarface

Note that the Dow Jones is currently up 4.4%, at 22100 points. It might be time to reduce your positions.

scarface

Note that the Dow jones is up 4.7% at 22 192 points. On the short therm, the markets seem very bullish, even if it is prudent to reduce the positions. I expect the cac 40 to go to 4650 points and the Dow jones to 23000. After this, we could have another leg down though.

scarface

Note there is another storm on the stock markets.

scarface

Note that Wall Street slid 410 points tonight.

scarface

Note that the cac 40 is currently losing 3.70%.

scarface

Note that the Dow Jones ended lower today. It was up 3.5% at the opening. I shorted the DJ at 23500 points but I wasn't expecting it would close 1000 points below. As a result the futures of the European markets are red. Maybe I will buy back some positions on Societe Generale tomorrow, since I sold some stocks today.
And the coronavirus melodrama is far from over. According to the Boston Consulting group, the confinement could last till June in Europe.

scarface

Note that the cac 40 is currently tumbling. I reduced some winning positions on SMCP and Société Générale shortly after 9 am and bought 2000 Natixis at 2.20â,¬ with a target at 2.35â,¬. I was recommending Natixis one month ago at 2â,¬ and there has been an extraordinary rally then, since the stock hit 3.85â,¬, before falling back to...1.90â,¬.
I keep some cash in case of another coup de tabac. I'm a bit worried again by the level of the sp 500, back to 2750 points, and on the short term, I don't see a lot of bullishness ahead, but I could be wrong. In the current context, practically 2 thousand Americans are dying each day of Coronavirus, and the pandemic is far from over.

scarface

Note that I shorted the S&P 500 at 2780 just before the opening of the market. In my opinion, the rebound of the market could be over soon, at least on the short term, since the S&P 500 is up 25% since its bottom at 2200 points;

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 08, 2020, 12:11 AM
And the coronavirus melodrama is far from over. According to the Boston Consulting group, the confinement could last till June in Europe.

Maybe not over but slowly improving. I saw on the news this morning that Spain and Italy are reporting a drop in new cases and higher survivability. Of course there are people who die, but for every person who dies about 10 survive. These people have immunity. This crisis, like all others, will pass.

Mark my words: before the year is out there will be a vaccine for this thing.