Author Topic: New topic Photos  (Read 166929 times)

September 20, 2020, 01:43 AM
Reply #290
  • Global Moderator
Maybe you have recognized the place of Republic and the 11th arrondissement. (The Eiffel tower was shot on the bridge of Garigliano in the 16th arrondissement).
I doubt humbert has been to the 11 arrondissement because it's popular and not very touristy.
I was there because in the Avenue Parmentier lies one of the last Videoclubs of Paris. Since laptops are not sold with DVD player any more, their activity is more and more threatened.
I was there to rent a movie titled "le Bel âge", also known as "Restless" in the USA, and released in 2009. I'm currently making a dvdrip, with English subtitles. While the original DVD is 4:3, I converted it to 16:9. I'll try to upload it for the forum soon.
The last pictures are showing some "Bandai" figures. If we can recognize Vegeta and Picolo, who are the others ? Maybe Vasudev or shadow.97 know the answer.

September 20, 2020, 04:16 PM
Reply #291
  • Global Moderator
Note that I added some comments in the previous message.

September 20, 2020, 08:53 PM
Reply #292
  • Global Moderator
I doubt humbert has been to the 11 arrondissement because it's popular and not very touristy.

I didn't know anything about arrondissements during my visit. Besides going to the Champs Elysées, I visited Jim Morrison's grave (my partner wanted to see it). I also visited the Louvre, mostly because I wanted to see the Mona Lisa. Leonardo is one of my historical heroes. I don't remember where the hotel was, only that it was a 2 or 3 star hotel with a 5 star price (by US standards). One thing I absolutely loved about Paris is the Métro and, of course, the fact that you don't need a car. I also observed that, contrary to everything I'd been hearing, Parisians are very nice and not rude nor arrogant. Naturally there are exceptions, I just didn't run into any.