• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

to Sunjalo:
try this: open cmd(command prompt) through windows installation, you can find it on repair my computer
type diskpart
then u type select disk <x> where the <x> is the drive you want to use
then type clean and done
check the disk partition in custom installation.

If it doesn't work, you need to check the bios.
set the sata port type to AHCI.
The issue is either you are plugged into the Marvell controller or your sata types are set to raid, both of which would require a driver to detect the disk.

Vasudev

If anyone is interested in my slipstreamed windows 10 Home Single Language edition English only.
https://mega.nz/#!UIB2mTgK!mYZv0MUZhth6FH7KmO77AEIgIW23JRRnETwSAW3o2sg

You must use key embedded in BIOS, so no need of key since it will retrieved automatically by windows during install.

humbert

Why would you want to use the home version when you get get pro? Home doesn't have necessary features such as the group policy editor, among others.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 04, 2017, 03:51 AM
Why would you want to use the home version when you get get pro? Home doesn't have necessary features such as the group policy editor, among others.
It came with my new PC and an office 2016 license too. I do have pro versions but I rarely used GPedit/ Group Policy functionality.

mdhuser

Quote from: scarface on January 07, 2017, 09:33 PM
Next Tuesday, a new version of windows 7 x64 lite will be released with the latest updates.

For those who need an activator, for win7 or office 2016...Here is something useful
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NsBhRUPihXWUY5cjVRLWpHNGc/view

thanks for your latest lite version scarface (the kmstools link doesnt work though)

humbert

Doesn't it make more sense to upload all this to Google drive or another of the many other cloud servers that aren't so problematic when it comes to downloads?

usmangujjar

humert is saying right, if only sone lucky boys are able to take your uploads, its not a good idea. its is better to make things easier.
also what about USB 3.0/3.1 support in your slimmed 7?

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 02, 2017, 03:29 AM
Doesn't it make more sense to upload all this to Google drive or another of the many other cloud servers that aren't so problematic when it comes to downloads?
Maybe Copyright issues or DMCA problems?
Quote from: usmangujjar on April 02, 2017, 07:07 AM
humert is saying right, if only sone lucky boys are able to take your uploads, its not a good idea. its is better to make things easier.
I think USB3 is supported but I'm unsure about USB 3.1 because this needs Kaby Lake and unfortunately KL doesn't support Win 7 and 8.x. There is a hack that enables KL to run on win 7.

scarface

Quotehumert is saying right, if only sone lucky boys are able to take your uploads, its not a good idea. its is better to make things easier.

A few days ago, I noticed a user named usmangujjar1 registering to the forum. I wondered if  it was the same usman who was back, and it was him indeed.
This question is interesting, even if I think I already talked about this issue (in this message: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg26656#msg26656 ): there are no more usb3 drivers integrated in this version (only in boot.wim so that you can install it on the latest computers, equipped with a usb3 port), since install may hang and you can be stuck, with no other choice than to restart the install. Therefore if you have usb3/3.1 drivers, you have to install them once windows 7 is installed. That's what I do.

QuoteDoesn't it make more sense to upload all this to Google drive or another of the many other cloud servers that aren't so problematic when it comes to downloads?
Humbert is making a lot suggestions, but I also note that he does very little. By the way, I'm planning to delete a few messages and also some files because the forum has become the cavern of Ali Baba and I'm afraid some users may be registering to the forum only to be able to use the search tool to find some links and download.

QuoteI think USB3 is supported but I'm unsure about USB 3.1 because this needs Kaby Lake and unfortunately KL doesn't support Win 7 and 8.x. There is a hack that enables KL to run on win 7.
I have a intel skylake cpu with usb 3.1 ports. What's more, Kabylake and Ryzen cpus are compatible with windows 7, Microsoft is just threatening to deactivate windows update on those cpus as a  first step towards discouraging the use of Intel and Amd's latest hardware on win 8.1 and 7.
Of course their recommended solution is to buy windows 10, and its their only means to prompt the users to upgrade since windows 10 brings nothing new.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on April 02, 2017, 07:02 PM

I have a intel skylake cpu with usb 3.1 ports. What's more, Kabylake and Ryzen cpus are compatible with windows 7, Microsoft is just threatening to deactivate windows update on those cpus as a  first step towards discouraging the use of Intel and Amd's latest hardware on win 8.1 and 7.
Of course their recommended solution is to buy windows 10, and its their only means to prompt the users to upgrade since windows 10 brings nothing new.
Even I've skylake cpu but its listed as USB3 and not 3.1. IIRC, USB3.1 native support is for KL right? How to check if I've USB3.1?