• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Vasu â†' Any time you put something questionable on [for example] Google Drive, you zip it up and protect it with a password. Giving it a strange name that won't call attention helps too.

Scarface â†' You said "Humbert is making a lot suggestions, but I also note that he does very little" -- please clarify.

I can't understand why some people are so resistant to upgrading to Windows 10. I used to run Windows 7 and I still run it under VirtualBox to test programs. W10 is infinitely better once you learn to master it. Buy it? Excuse me? Check the torrents and you'll find tons and tons of activators. If you don't like that then check for one of those strange "leaked" keys, the ones you use Skype to call a strange phone number in the UK.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 05, 2017, 03:41 AM
Buy it? Excuse me? Check the torrents and you'll find tons and tons of activators. If you don't like that then check for one of those strange "leaked" keys, the ones you use Skype to call a strange phone number in the UK.
@humbert â†' So W10 activators are out. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Which activator did you use KMSPico or other? Are you upgrading to creators update aka Redstone 2? I'm waiting until all issues with RS2 are sorted out.

usmangujjar

@Vasudev: try Microsoft toolkit, is has many options related to M/S Windows and Office activation, deactivation.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

Vasudev

Quote from: usmangujjar on April 05, 2017, 10:27 AM
@Vasudev: try Microsoft toolkit, is has many options related to M/S Windows and Office activation, deactivation.
After converting my licenses to genuine, I never bothered with MS toolkit. I already have it for activating windows and office. Thanks again for reminding me.

humbert

Vasu â†' Use this site to find not only tons of Windows activators, but also tons of other stuff. Almost all these activators work. If you want your copy of W10 to be permanently activated with no more rearms, go here, select a "leaked" key that hasn't run out of activations and follow the instructions. Incidentally, if that link gets old, Google "Windows 10 MAK keys" and you'll find the current one.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 06, 2017, 04:03 AM
Vasu â†' Use this site to find not only tons of Windows activators, but also tons of other stuff. Almost all these activators work. If you want your copy of W10 to be permanently activated with no more rearms, go here, select a "leaked" key that hasn't run out of activations and follow the instructions. Incidentally, if that link gets old, Google "Windows 10 MAK keys" and you'll find the current one.
Okay I converted my non genuine windows (2 of them ) to genuine during win 10 upgrade process. BTW, all licenses are stored on Onedrive, so no issues even if I change my hardware.
How come *Torrentz.eu* is running, when they took down the site few months back?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 06, 2017, 07:30 AM
Okay I converted my non genuine windows (2 of them ) to genuine during win 10 upgrade process. BTW, all licenses are stored on Onedrive, so no issues even if I change my hardware.

By this do you mean that free upgrade from a previous version? I was under the impression that offer expired. Incidentally, if your hardware change entails a new motherboard, the old activation won't work. I know this from experience.

How come *Torrentz.eu* is running, when they took down the site few months back?

You keep forgetting that, due to the vastness of the internet, the permanent death of a site is virtually impossible.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 08, 2017, 03:49 AM

By this do you mean that free upgrade from a previous version? I was under the impression that offer expired. Incidentally, if your hardware change entails a new motherboard, the old activation won't work. I know this from experience.

So the activation won't work even after syncing to Onedrive? M$ stated that Threshold 2 will solve activation issues after M/B change.

You keep forgetting that, due to the vastness of the internet, the permanent death of a site is virtually impossible.
You're a pro in torrents I just started and have a lot to learn. Thanks, so that news was just a act to show they stopped supporting torrents.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 08, 2017, 03:13 PM
So the activation won't work even after syncing to Onedrive? M$ stated that Threshold 2 will solve activation issues after M/B change.

Threshold2 is an upcoming Windows update with more "features". I saw nothing concerning changing out MB's. I do know for a fact that since MS first established this free upgrade-activation system, it made it very clear the activation was valid only for that computer and was not transferrible. They will tolerate a minor upgrade (e.g., more RAM, larger HD) but not something major like swapping out the Mobo. That requires a new license and new activation because it's basically a new computer. When I replaced my board after the old one died, I used the same HD with activation and simply updated the drivers. After a few minutes I got the hated "activation required" watermark.

Syncing to Onedrive is like syncing to any other local drive or cloud-based site. It's a simple matter of copying files and nothing more.

You're a pro in torrents I just started and have a lot to learn. Thanks, so that news was just a act to show they stopped supporting torrents.

They'll never stop torrents. Keep in mind torrents are highly decentralized. Torrent sites do not host files. Those that have only magnet links don't even host the .torrent file your client needs for the download. Your data comes in pieces from other users such as yourself. It is very easy to move sites from place to place or hide them behind VPN's to mask their physical location. Taking a torrent site down is a little like killiing flies -- be assured there will be more somewhere.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 09, 2017, 04:03 AM

Threshold2 is an upcoming Windows update with more "features". I saw nothing concerning changing out MB's. I do know for a fact that since MS first established this free upgrade-activation system, it made it very clear the activation was valid only for that computer and was not transferrible. They will tolerate a minor upgrade (e.g., more RAM, larger HD) but not something major like swapping out the Mobo. That requires a new license and new activation because it's basically a new computer. When I replaced my board after the old one died, I used the same HD with activation and simply updated the drivers. After a few minutes I got the hated "activation required" watermark.

Syncing to Onedrive is like syncing to any other local drive or cloud-based site. It's a simple matter of copying files and nothing more.
@humbert: You're confused with Creators update aka Redstone 2. Threshold 2 was released in Nov 2016.