• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 22, 2017, 11:59 PM
By the way, I stopped buying computers bundled with built-in OS

Me too. Naturally this doesn't apply to desktops because I upgrade by buying parts as needed and simply building. With respect to laptops I won't even deal with the bloat-infested copy of Windows 10 Home already on it. The moment I get it I wipe the drive completely and install W10 Pro.

Rindschwein

Do You, or do You not? haha

asrock x370 killer sli
ryzen 3 1300x
corsair vengeance 2x4gb 3200MHZ
evga 1050ti sc gaming

I know there is a 10 version on, but i don't like the idea of this perma spying microsoft.
Also, as i said before, until now i was a xp user and i still have my problems with the 10 layout and some other things.
That's why i want to change to 7 first. I also thought of using ubuntu for internet and working, while using 7 solely for gaming.

Vasudev

Quote from: Rindschwein on November 28, 2017, 11:28 AM
Do You, or do You not? haha

asrock x370 killer sli
ryzen 3 1300x
corsair vengeance 2x4gb 3200MHZ
evga 1050ti sc gaming

I know there is a 10 version on, but i don't like the idea of this perma spying microsoft.
Also, as i said before, until now i was a xp user and i still have my problems with the 10 layout and some other things.
That's why i want to change to 7 first. I also thought of using ubuntu for internet and working, while using 7 solely for gaming.
You can use winaero tweaker or O& O SP 10 to banish telemetry. There's an advanced tool from VMWARE called VMWARE OS Optimisation tool that completely disables everything and only way to revert back is a clean install. Personally I use Winaero tweaker and OO SP10.

scarface

Quote from: Rindschwein on November 28, 2017, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, at least as a registered member.
So first and for most, i want to say 'Thank You' for all the infos, tips and other things you provided over the years,
espacially for Maher's XP version i used until 2 Days ago.
After buying new innards for my pc and stumbling upon scarface's 7 version, I have a problem to activate it.
The 7 Loader does not recognize his version, chew-wga in combination with removewat seem to partly work, but i'm still missing the wallpaper.
Has someone an idea from where i can get a working version.
Thank you very much!

If you want an original version of windows 7 x64 Pro SP1 (Eng), here is a link...
https://archive.org/download/digital_river/x17-59186.iso
I was using the N edition (X17-59337.iso), but it seems it's not available any more.

Originally, my version is a windows 7 N x64, but when I captured it with gimagex, I used the business flag (pro was missing), I'm not sure it explains why some programs don't recognize it though.

Rindschwein

Thank you very much, works like a charm.
Will also try the clean win 7 version.
Just found a selfmade update package from sp1 to nov 2017.

humbert

Telemetry on Windows 10 is easy to disable. Use O&O Shutup or W10 Privacy (I prefer the latter). What problems are you having with the W10 layout? Their start screen is the easiest thing in the world to use, FAR easier and more convenient that Windows 7's hated start menu.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 29, 2017, 06:42 AM

Telemetry on Windows 10 is easy to disable. Use O&O Shutup or W10 Privacy (I prefer the latter). What problems are you having with the W10 layout? Their start screen is the easiest thing in the world to use, FAR easier and more convenient that Windows 7's hated start menu.
Then try W10 No bloatware edition majorgeeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_10_bloatware_free_edition.html
No defender, no telemetry and no UWP apps as well.

Rindschwein

Thanks for the link.
Currently using a 7 version up to date (nov 2017).
Will test different 10 and ubuntu versions in a virtual environment to get used to it.
With layout i didn't exactly meant optical-wise.
If my english would have been better, i could properly describe it.
So just take it that way, that i'm not used to it, yet.

Vasudev

Quote from: Rindschwein on November 29, 2017, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the link.
Currently using a 7 version up to date (nov 2017).
Will test different 10 and ubuntu versions in a virtual environment to get used to it.
With layout i didn't exactly meant optical-wise.
If my english would have been better, i could properly describe it.
So just take it that way, that i'm not used to it, yet.
Layout is confusing. If you used Windows Tablets then W10 is easier or even windows phone would do great in terms of relieving the OS layout learning curve.

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on February 03, 2018, 07:52 AM
Please update 7-zip to 18.01 stable version because older beta and stable version had security issues.
Is it Win 7 Pro N edition like last time?
Well, 7zip 18.01 will be available in the next version.
It's the same one as before, win 7 pro N indeed, with the media feature pack installed.