• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Note that a new version of windows 10 will be available on Tuesday.
This new version will include new updates as well as winrar 3.90 and new drivers.

Note that I bought a new computer lately. Since many computers are not available any more due to the coronavirus - no more msi in France, an excellent brand based in South Korea, I bought an HP, with a i5 9300h and a geforce gtx 1050. It is still better than my current configuration. If you are somewhere in Palestine or in India, if you can not afford a computer, and if you need an old Msi ge72 6qd, I decided I could give my current computer. Note that some keys of the keyboard are not working any more. Just send me your address if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRvEwXDxz_I

scarface

I tested the msi ge72 6qd with cinebench. here is a screenshot.
I am going to make a new test with Firefox closed to see if there is a difference because it should have a much better score, but since the computer is old, I suspect the thermal paste dried up.
I received no message for this computer, so I am going to try to sell it. Vaudev, Maher or humbert certainly need the best laptops for everyday use. I am not even sure I will be able to sell it, since some keys of the keyboard are not working.

Note that my new computer has a score of 1913 points.
If you want to see it, here it is: https://www.fnac.com/PC-Portable-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-17-cd0079nf-17-3-Full-HD-Noir-et-Vert-Chrome-Intel-Core-i5-9300H-quad-8Go-RAM-256-Go-SSD-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1050-3GB/a14089533/w-4
I paid it 750â,¬ because I was offered a discount card by a friend with 130â,¬ on it. It was valid for 1 year, and I had to use it before July, that is essentially why I bought a new computer.
I am afraid Vasudev might be disappointed by the performance of this new computer. But for my own use, it should be sufficient. The processor is good, but I suspect the graphic card to be a bit weak. Note that there is only 8Gb or ram, but I can open it to add a RAM stick.

scarface

Note that I am preparing the new version of windows 10 x64 that will be released on Tuesday.
This version could be exceptionally good. It will include updated programs, like vlc 3.0.9.2, winrar 3.90, mediacoder 0.8.61, the latest updates and new drivers.

I will release a new version of windows 7 too, with extended support updates. I know Vasudev is waiting for it.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on April 11, 2020, 11:12 AM
I tested the msi ge72 6qd with cinebench. here is a screenshot.
I am going to make a new test with Firefox closed to see if there is a difference because it should have a much better score, but since the computer is old, I suspect the thermal paste dried up.
I received no message for this computer, so I am going to try to sell it. Vaudev, Maher or humbert certainly need the best laptops for everyday use. I am not even sure I will be able to sell it, since some keys of the keyboard are not working.

Note that my new computer has a score of 1913 points.
If you want to see it, here it is: https://www.fnac.com/PC-Portable-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-17-cd0079nf-17-3-Full-HD-Noir-et-Vert-Chrome-Intel-Core-i5-9300H-quad-8Go-RAM-256-Go-SSD-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1050-3GB/a14089533/w-4
I paid it  because I was offered a discount card by a friend with  on it. It was valid for 1 year, and I had to use it before July, that is essentially why I bought a new computer.
I am afraid Vasudev might be disappointed by the performance of this new computer. But for my own use, it should be sufficient. The processor is good, but I suspect the graphic card to be a bit weak. Note that there is only 8Gb or ram, but I can open it to add a RAM stick.
I think its either thermal throttling or new microcode D6 is causing this issue. I couldn't do Dism component cleanup at all! It took 9 hrs to complete and D6 was the cause and switched to CC which has new exploits but performance was important to me.
Use throttlestop and see if you can see a difference.
Your laptop is good enough. Do note, you can 32GB ddr4 2667MHz at the price of 16GB single module. 9th gen is very good aside from higher thermals due to high clock speeds.

I did my research and it seems AMD laptops max out at 64GB 3200MHz i.e 2x32GB so there's goes my 128GB RAM dream. I'll wait for Lenovo thinkpads with AMD and see how they are!

Take care!

scarface

Quote from: Vasudev on April 17, 2020, 10:40 PM
I think its either thermal throttling or new microcode D6 is causing this issue. I couldn't do Dism component cleanup at all! It took 9 hrs to complete and D6 was the cause and switched to CC which has new exploits but performance was important to me.
Your laptop is good enough. Do note, you can 32GB ddr4 2667MHz at the price of 16GB single module.
I just think my computer is old. I opened it and apparently the thermal paste has dried up. I am wondering if I can use its ram stick for the new one - On the ge72 6qd, it was ddr4 2133 mhz. On the new one the ram frequence is 2667 mhz.
Note that I am still using the old one even if the keyboard is dead. I just tested the new one with cinebench for the moment.

What is your cinebench r20 score?

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on April 18, 2020, 02:14 AM
Your laptop is good enough. Do note, you can 32GB ddr4 2667MHz at the price of 16GB single module.
I just think my computer is old. I opened it and apparently the thermal paste has dried up. I am wondering if I can use its ram stick for the new one - On the ge72 6qd, it was ddr4 2133 mhz. On the new one the ram frequence is 2667 mhz.
Note that I am still using the old one even if the keyboard is dead. I just tested the new one with cinebench for the moment.

CB r20- 1647 is max score, now I scored with 1640. https://imgur.com/t5W0kJe
You can use old one and both will run at 2133MHz. If your bios supports RAM OC, then you can OC 2133MHz to 2666MHz and enjoy the faster RAM.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on April 18, 2020, 02:14 AM

Mixing and matching any DDR4 is OK, as it will go back to the lowest-in-common JEDEC standard, which in this case should be ddr4 2133. You might see a slight performance drop when using the lower mhz' stick, but in reality the more ram should outweigh the difference unless you're playing games or rendering things all day within the first ram-sticks limit.

You may also want to try https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm
It's a tool disabling the Spectre patches, that are known to cause slowdowns on intel systems.
I'm sure you're aware of the pro and cons of disabling security patches like that

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 19, 2020, 12:21 AM
You may also want to try https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm
It's a tool disabling the Spectre patches, that are known to cause slowdowns on intel systems.
I'm sure you're aware of the pro and cons of disabling security patches like that
I just tested this, it seems it does not work. It is not really important though.

Note that new links are available for windows 10 and 7.
Note that the repack of Amnesia AIO was updated .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCN2F47RAA

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 18, 2020, 01:11 AM
This version of windows 10 is activated by default.

I think I asked you this once before, but I'm not sure if you answered. I believe you said this copy of W10 has to be rearmed every 6 months. If so, then did you include a KMS rearming tool? I know there are many of them out there, but many run installation programs usually infested with malware. My copy of MS Office has to be rearmed. I use a program that came from you (kmsact.exe) that doesn't install anything, it simply rearms Office and nothing else. I think it also works for Windows 10, I just haven't tested it.

What I want to know is how do we rearm this copy of W10 when the times comes?

scarface

hi humbert.
I hope you are fine.
In order to rearm win 10, and if you are using my version of windows 10, you can use my home-made switch-less activator in the $oem$ folder. You can find it here too (x64 only): https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg35382#msg35382
I have never used it to rearm windows because I use a new version every 6 month though.

You know, when you have sold your flat in Miami, if you have 10 million dollars and if you want to buy a flat in Paris with a tennis court, you can contact me.
If you are buying a big flat, Maher, aa1234779 and other users will be able to come. I imagine many would be glad to play tennis with me and you. A few years ago, in 2008 and 2009, I was playing with a man named Xavier Bliecq and he was pretty good at tennis. When searching for his name a few years later on google, I found his rank, and realized he was ranked 15/1, I wasn't astonished.

I noticed some users of the forum are coming back like Theknight. Registrations are closed once again, but for those who have an account, it is possible to log in.

Note that I have been arrested by the confinement police, I was driving my car. Since I had no attestation, they gave me a fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3lysY4M-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCN2F47RAA