• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Free Antivirus

Started by BLADESHARK, February 09, 2012, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2012, 07:34 AM
Chief: Concerning Avira, how is it on system resources? Also, if it's that good, how much do they charge yearly for being able to download their virus definitions? It might even be worth while if the proggie is good enough and the price is reasonable, as opposed to this headache of chasing down keys.
I've never bought it :) I told you, I use keys from the net and they last so so long that I change it only two or three time every year!
Anyway, I just checked their website, it says $51.99 http://www.avira.com/en/for-home-avira-internet-security

Regarding system resources: just awesome! Nothing compared to Kaspersky or NOD ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Quote from: Maher on June 13, 2012, 03:25 PM
Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2012, 07:34 AM
Chief: Concerning Avira, how is it on system resources? Also, if it's that good, how much do they charge yearly for being able to download their virus definitions? It might even be worth while if the proggie is good enough and the price is reasonable, as opposed to this headache of chasing down keys.
I've never bought it :) I told you, I use keys from the net and they last so so long that I change it only two or three time every year!
Anyway, I just checked their website, it says $51.99 http://www.avira.com/en/for-home-avira-internet-security
Regarding system resources: just awesome! Nothing compared to Kaspersky or NOD ;)

I thought the yearly price for updates was a little more reasonable than just this. If you're not having that much of a headache getting keys, then certainly it makes no sense to buy it.

Ahmad

@ humbert.
Hey buddy. :)

Finally, I gave Microsoft Security Essentials a try ..
Really, I liked it because it's as you told me:
- Very light on my slow PC, same as NOD32.
- Very simple, yet has the most important option of exclusion.
- Plus, free with offline updates.

But I'm still worried about its efficiency, because I noticed that I can stop its service manually and so can the virus !!   i.e.  It can't fully protect itself.

Regarding Avira, I tried it.. It's good and has many options to control it as you want, but it's not for me because it's heavy on MY SLOW PC.

So, I'll try MSE for a while and then decide, but I think I'll return to ESET NOD32 AntiVirus because I'm very satisfied with it.. It's light and does everything I want without any issues. The only disadvantage of it is that it's not free, but this is very easy.. It's being done without annoyance.

I'm just telling my opinion and findings on MY SLOW PC, so may others differ with me.
Thanks and take care.  :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
@ humbert.
Hey buddy. :)
Finally, I gave Microsoft Security Essentials a try ..
Really, I liked it because it's as you told me:
- Very light on my slow PC, same as NOD32.
- Very simple, yet has the most important option of exclusion.
- Plus, free with offline updates.
But I'm still worried about its efficiency, because I noticed that I can stop its service manually and so can the virus !!   i.e.  It can't fully protect itself.

As you already know by now, there is no "best antivirus" or best anything, for that matter. Everything out there has it's advantages and disadvantages, and in that ocean of choices we all have to decide what's best for us. I'm thinking the reason I like MSE is simply because I haven't run into any major viruses and because, although it's now not the default, you can still set it to alert you before taking action. This prevents it from killing off false positives such as cracks and patches. I'd have to have a major problem with it before I install something else.

Maher

Quote from: humbert on June 14, 2012, 02:00 AM
I thought the yearly price for updates was a little more reasonable than just this. If you're not having that much of a headache getting keys, then certainly it makes no sense to buy it.
I told you, I don't mind the price because I never had to buy it :)
So easy to have a key that works for at least 6 months :)
Let me know if you wanna try it, I'll send you a working key.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

BLADESHARK

Hey Maher
I am also using Avira internet security.
Can you please forward the key ;) ;D
Thanks in advance for the key and the Torrent of your great Windows 7 :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

katana

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Tip, get WoT(Web Of Trust) in my opinion its great, but siteblocking, do you really want to controll people that much. In my opinion the internet should be.... Free!

No.  ::) It's only so she won't inadvertently open infected sites. Less hassle for me makes me happy.  ;) Besides, she's 13 years older than me, I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it if I go on blocking sites for her!
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

katana

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 21, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hey Maher
I am also using Avira internet security.
Can you please forward the key ;) ;D

Yup, pls! Can you send me the key, too? Thanx!
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

humbert

Quote from: katana on June 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Tip, get WoT(Web Of Trust) in my opinion its great, but siteblocking, do you really want to controll people that much. In my opinion the internet should be.... Free!
No.  ::) It's only so she won't inadvertently open infected sites. Less hassle for me makes me happy.  ;) Besides, she's 13 years older than me, I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it if I go on blocking sites for her!

For anyone who's interested in simply defending themselves from bad sites, check Firefox's add-ons. Out of curiosity I opened their page and did a search under "Web of Trust" I found oodles of add-ons specifically for this purpose.

Nothing beats Firefox and that's the bottom line.

humbert

Quote from: Tovagulet on June 25, 2012, 06:35 AM
In my old computer I liked to use Microsoft Security Essentials. It was good... Did his job.
But now im currently using McAffee

Isn't McAfee taxing on resources and intrusive? I can't stand programs that are like that.