• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Free Antivirus

Started by BLADESHARK, February 09, 2012, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Vote for the best free Antivirus according to you. :P :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Maher

AVG is rubbish. The pick for me is between Avast and Avira.
I pick Avira ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Ahmad

Hello my dear friends:)
First, I only tried AVG before and I think it's not good.
Between those 3 antivirus, I pick Avira according to what I hear about it and as a trust of Mr. Maher's opinion.
But I'm still working with ESET NOD32 and I'm not thinking of changing it now.
Thanks.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Anal_Wype

I have been using AVG since 1998 and have had many good results, and I would recommend AVG to others. However I am willing to try any new programs that have been recommended. So I will give Avira a try I just hope it doesn't cause any problems. But I do trust the sit administrator and will give them a try.
I did tr Eset Nod32 but I kept nodding off it was around 32 times if I remember right. That was a Nup which is Pun Backwards. Where can I find Eset Nod32?

humbert

Quote from: Anal_Wype on February 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
I have been using AVG since 1998 and have had many good results, and I would recommend AVG to others. However I am willing to try any new programs that have been recommended. So I will give Avira a try I just hope it doesn't cause any problems. But I do trust the sit administrator and will give them a try.
I did tr Eset Nod32 but I kept nodding off it was around 32 times if I remember right. That was a Nup which is Pun Backwards. Where can I find Eset Nod32?

When you look around for a better mousetrap, be sure it can do the following: (1) ask you what to do before taking action as well as tell you the affected file and describe the "problem". Keep in mind in piracy you're going to find many false positives; (2) that it not be a resource hog and quietly does its job in the background, and (3) that getting updates is easy and not a headache - I've seen some antivirus programs often complain about bad keys. These are the reasons I prefer Microsoft Security Essentials.

Bubster

OMG, my outright favorite hav been Avast for the longest time....until today! Reinstalling a friends machine, I downloaded Avast as usual, installed it (and the program installed Google Chrome, even though I said NO to that), and after that...did it work as usual? Oh no, now you have to setup an account with them to get the latest updates, and for the program to start working. I tried to register an account, 3 times!!! When I finally got logged in to their site, my license ky was nowhere to be found, so I logged out and went an downloaded Avira instead.
Even after uninstalling the avast program tried to get me to reinstall it, and then I got to a survey, to tell them why I did it. (Maybe I should have used nicer words than I did, but I was also factual in my wording) Last question on the survey...... What anti-virus program do you have installed now? (or close to that) And they listed a long row of other makers. I chose "Other" and wrote "Not yours!"
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Bubster on May 28, 2012, 01:01 AM
I chose "Other" and wrote "Not yours!"
;D ;D ;D LOL!!!!!!!
Actually to tell you frankly my friend I am planning to install Avast Free after formatting my PC
MSE now irritates me a bit. If I tell MSE to Clean,remove or Allow
So what is your opinion still [I just want to know]
Was your Avast Free or the paid one. :P

Bubster

Quote from: BLADESHARK on May 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote from: Bubster on May 28, 2012, 01:01 AM
I chose "Other" and wrote "Not yours!"
;D ;D ;D LOL!!!!!!!
Actually to tell you frankly my friend I am planning to install Avast Free after formatting my PC
MSE now irritates me a bit. If I tell MSE to Clean,remove or Allow
So what is your opinion still [I just want to know]
Was your Avast Free or the paid one. :P
Well, I have been using Avast for about 7-8 years now and it has been working flawless. The last couple for years they have started to add stuff to make it a more complete protection for your machine, like installed a sandbox mode to run new programs in, and it has all been good. The problem is that they have a problem with too many users are using the free version, and try to influence them more and more to get the paid version instead. When I downloaded up until maybe 2-3 years ago it was, click free version and it started to download.  Today you have to click through a bunch of windows asking.."Hey why not try our paid version for free for 2 weeks"....or..."Are you sure you just want the free ones?". And now finally you have to register to their site to get it to work.
So...conclusion is that the program is still very good and I recommend it, but I don't like what the company behind it is doing. So if you can manage to get a license from them, then go for it!
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Bubster on May 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
So if you can manage to get a license from them, then go for it!
Which fool is going to buy a license. ;D
I always use Pirated one ;)
PIRATES RULE!! :D

Bubster

Quote from: BLADESHARK on May 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Bubster on May 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
So if you can manage to get a license from them, then go for it!
Which fool is going to buy a license. ;D
I always use Pirated one ;)
PIRATES RULE!! :D

LOL...well, that is true. But what I meant' was is you manage to get a license key for their free version of the program.   ::)