• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

How to install OS

Started by topdog, March 16, 2012, 03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdog

I am still struggling to learn my way around this forum and don't know where this should go, so will just post it here.                                                                                                                                                                Have just got  the new XP Pro files from SA (Marherz Blog) but have never installed an OS before. Could someone please provide me with link(s) to good, very clear, non jargon, tutorial? Hopefully this is not an inappropriate request. Thank you in advance
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Ahmad

Hello again, topdog.  :)
I hope you are well.

My friend BLADESHARK <Many Thanks to him> posted the whole explanation of Windows XP installation before in 2 ways, Writing and Screen Shots.

You can find it in this link:

http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=366.msg2536#msg2536

BTW, Screen Shots are in attachments in many successive posts.
I hope it will help you.
Good luck and thanks again, BLADESHARK.
:) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

BLADESHARK

�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

Here is our friend <BLADESHARK> again with his hard work.
He has posted 2 new topics about How to install Windows XP and Windows 7.
In case you can't find it, these are the links:

How to install Windows XP

How to install Windows 7

Thanks, BLADESHARK and good luck, topdog.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: Ahmad on March 16, 2012, 05:05 PM
Here is our friend <BLADESHARK> again with his hard work.
He has posted 2 new topics about How to install Windows XP and Windows 7.
In case you can't find it, these are the links:

How to install Windows 7

Thanks, BLADESHARK and good luck, topdog.

You are most welcome My Dear Friend.

Just thought for a while and decided that Installing OS is a Difficult Task for Beginners & Newbies :-[
So I just created a new Topic for everyone to benefit, Otherwise I would have just posted it here. :D

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on March 16, 2012, 05:05 PM
Just thought for a while and decided that Installing OS is a Difficult Task for Beginners & Newbies :-[
So I just created a new Topic for everyone to benefit, Otherwise I would have just posted it here. :D

Hello dear friend! While I certainly agree with you and Bladeshark in every effort you've made to help out those who are in trouble and to clarify issues for those of us who are confused (myself included), somehow I have a hard time understanding what is so difficult about installing an operating system. Every time I've done that, I've notice that it pretty much installs itself and only asks for drivers when needed (as is the case of XP with SATA) or maybe some sort of serial number. Indeed, I don't recall a single installation of Windows of the many I've performed that all I've done is sit back and wait for it to finish.

Indeed, I e-mailed Linuxguru (remember him?) with a few more questions about Pinguy, but in reality it all deals with the fact that, to install it and play around with it, I have to repartition my 2nd hard drive. I read his tutorial on Gparted and understood it, but there were just 2 or 3 more questions. Given the fact that for whatever reason he never got back to me, I ask: Bladeshark: are you familiar with this subject to see if I can pose the same questions to you, or are you strictly a Windows guy?

topdog

@Ahmad. Thank you, for your good wishes, prompt reply and links.                                                   @BLADESHARK.  Thank you very much, for all the hard work that must have gone on behind the scene, before you posted these two articles.  It is very much appreciated by me.                                                                       @  humb25. Will respond to your note later  (after I've counted to 10). @ All, apologies for bad formatting of posts, have no idea what I'm doing.                                                                                                                    Hei konā rā
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Ahmad

Hello again, everyone.  :)

Links of How to install OS are now under Microsoft Windows section :

How to install Windows 7

Thanks.  :) :D

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on March 16, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hello dear friend! While I certainly agree with you and Bladeshark in every effort you've made to help out those who are in trouble and to clarify issues for those of us who are confused (myself included), somehow I have a hard time understanding what is so difficult about installing an operating system. Every time I've done that, I've notice that it pretty much installs itself and only asks for drivers when needed (as is the case of XP with SATA) or maybe some sort of serial number. Indeed, I don't recall a single installation of Windows of the many I've performed that all I've done is sit back and wait for it to finish.

Every one are not Literate like you are my dear friend!
What will happen if a newbie is installing Windows and suddenly he gets a BSOD, now what shall he do at this time.
That Newbie will be crying to GOD that he goes back in time and wished he would never had started installing windows.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humb25 on March 16, 2012, 11:45 PM
Indeed, I e-mailed Linuxguru (remember him?) with a few more questions about Pinguy, but in reality it all deals with the fact that, to install it and play around with it, I have to repartition my 2nd hard drive. I read his tutorial on Gparted and understood it, but there were just 2 or 3 more questions. Given the fact that for whatever reason he never got back to me, I ask: Bladeshark: are you familiar with this subject to see if I can pose the same questions to you, or are you strictly a Windows guy?

Yes I do remember him, Where is he?? :(
I am strictly a Windows guy, but you can post your questions, I will install Pinguy on Virtual box and see if I can Help you.
My 2 Friends (resident near me) are Linux Users -- I will ask them for solution if I fail.

Thank You!!
Take care. :)