• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated June 2012

Started by BLADESHARK, June 18, 2012, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLADESHARK

Recently downloaded the June release as I have now decided that I will Download Maher's releases on half yearly basis because my internet connection is not that good. :(
BUT I noticed Adobe Flash Player (11.3.300.257) added [I was expecting a Clean one], I know its very useful component for regular use but is there any way to remove Adobe Flash Player (11.3.300.257) because soon a new version will pop up. :-[
So just wanted to know if I can manually remove the installation of Adobe Flash Player
Thank You  :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ronsin-ok

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
Recently downloaded the June release as I have now decided that I will Download Maher's releases on half yearly basis because my internet connection is not that good. :(
BUT I noticed Adobe Flash Player (11.3.300.257) added [I was expecting a Clean one], I know its very useful component for regular use but is there any way to remove Adobe Flash Player (11.3.300.257) because soon a new version will pop up. :-[
So just wanted to know if I can manually remove the installation of Adobe Flash Player
Thank You  :)

I don't know the speed of your internet connection, but when there's an update for Adobe Flash, you just install it over that version. If you want to uninstall it, you can get the uninstaller here. (It's only 344k)

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe
"I haven't failed, I've found ten thousand ways that don't work."

BLADESHARK

Actually i don't want it to be installed automatically.
I prefer installing all the latest apps at once after formatting.
Thanks for your reply though. :D

Maher

You don't need to remove it.
Installing a new version will update flash files, and you will have latest version installed.
There is no need to uninstall before installing the new version ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

fankoosh

yes i usually get an updating box notification from adobe flash whener there is an update available & i hit update box then it download & install latest updates within a min or less & thats it , than i go to add/remove file & chech the installed Adobe flash & i found the latest version been installed without a problem  :)

BLADESHARK

Thank you every1 for your valuable comments
Not a problem anymore. :)

humbert

Quote from: fankoosh on June 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
yes i usually get an updating box notification from adobe flash whener there is an update available & i hit update box then it download & install latest updates within a min or less & thats it , than i go to add/remove file & chech the installed Adobe flash & i found the latest version been installed without a problem  :)

That's strange. I've been using both 32-bit versions of Adobe Flash (one for IE, one for others) forever and I've never had an update notification. I only update when I learn that the Chief posted a newer version.

The day we start using 64 bit browsers (and that day will come) then I'll install the 64-bit version. As I see it, Java is different because it's not just a "browser only" thing - there are many non-browser apps that use it and need it.

BLADESHARK

Quote from: humbert on June 22, 2012, 04:26 AM
That's strange. I've been using both 32-bit versions of Adobe Flash (one for IE, one for others) forever and I've never had an update notification. I only update when I learn that the Chief posted a newer version.
Go to Control Panel -> Flash Player -> Advanced tab -> Allow Adobe to install updates.  :)

The day we start using 64 bit browsers (and that day will come) then I'll install the 64-bit version. As I see it, Java is different because it's not just a "browser only" thing - there are many non-browser apps that use it and need it.
Yeah really :D

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
Go to Control Panel -> Flash Player -> Advanced tab -> Allow Adobe to install updates.  :)

I appreciate the tip. Thanks.

Yeah really :D

Off the top of my head is Limewire. Remember that? I used it extensively, mostly for music and pr0n. I vividly remember if you didn't have Java installed, that thing simply would not run. This is just one, I know there are others. The thing to keep in mind is that this is NOT a browser nor anything similar.