• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

Scarface, thanks, I'll try them. I like FarCry (maybe not so much as ArmA and STALKER, but objectively FarCry is better than this two, it has easier gameplay than ArmA and almost no glitches in difference with STALKER).
Humbert, I never even thought about a problem you said. It's easy to turn left and right up and down with mouse, so I turns from side to side and watch around. Yes it's sometimes difficult when you can't watch to sides, but in most cases it's no matter.
BTW in ArmA you can watch to sides, but this feature has almost no use.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 11, 2013, 04:13 AM
This is a good example of why I don't particularly like first person shooters. Notice there is only one view angle - you have no clue about what's behind you nor any other direction. How do you even find that enemy ship if it moves away from your viewing angle? Do you just pivot again and again?
Tri monitors?

Daniil

humbert

I've seen people with 2 monitors, never 3. I currently have a 24" 1920x1080 monitor, and frankly I don't know how I could install a 2nd one. Not only is there no space on my desk, but I feel my head would constantly be moving right-left-right like watching a tennis game or constantly saying no. Even worse for a 3rd one.

Speak of the devil - in order to set up a 2-monitor display, do you need a 2nd video card or can you do it with just one if it supports SLI or Crossfire? My board supports a 2nd video card, but the data bus is cut in half (i.e., x16 for one card becomes 2 × x8).

Daniil

I have 2 monitors - main 19" 1440x900, second 17" 1024x768. I use 2 videocards. It's not  for gaming (I playing games only on main monior, very rare on all two) - it's very usefull for programming (you have IDE on one monitor and language documentation on another).
Yes, bus cuts in half but in practice I don't feel this - 8x is enough for any games which can run on my PC. But modern videocards can support dual monitors even on one videocard.
In order to set 3-monitor you need 3 video-outs or very expensive box for convertation signal from one video-out to three monitors.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 14, 2013, 04:36 AM
I've seen people with 2 monitors, never 3. I currently have a 24" 1920x1080 monitor, and frankly I don't know how I could install a 2nd one. Not only is there no space on my desk, but I feel my head would constantly be moving right-left-right like watching a tennis game or constantly saying no. Even worse for a 3rd one.

Speak of the devil - in order to set up a 2-monitor display, do you need a 2nd video card or can you do it with just one if it supports SLI or Crossfire? My board supports a 2nd video card, but the data bus is cut in half (i.e., x16 for one card becomes 2 × x8).
Ehm, what?
I got my AMD 280X today,(huge bottleneck I know) And it is supposedly be able to run 6 monitors, (With lag probably)
But I've ran 3 monitors on my old graphics card which was far worse.(GeForce 320GT)
Anyways, it's really fun to play games like battlefield 3 on ultra :) 17 - 0. Can't touch this!

Daniil

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 15, 2013, 12:35 AM
Ehm, what?
I got my AMD 280X today,(huge bottleneck I know) And it is supposedly be able to run 6 monitors, (With lag probably)
But I've ran 3 monitors on my old graphics card which was far worse.(GeForce 320GT)
Anyways, it's really fun to play games like battlefield 3 on ultra :) 17 - 0. Can't touch this!
How did you ran 3 monitors on your card, bro? As I know, typical card have 2 DVI output ports. Where did you connect the third?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on November 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 15, 2013, 12:35 AM
Ehm, what?
How did you ran 3 monitors on your card, bro? As I know, typical card have 2 DVI output ports. Where did you connect the third?
My current card supports up to 5 cards if  I remember correctly, use a divider on the displayport (external source, don't take my word for it)

I also have nvidia 9200 onboard graphics which I obviously don't use.

Also, does anyone of you use Raptr?

Been playing dirt 3 tons lately and Euro Truck Simulator 2, Battlefield 3, almost quit League of Legends now when I've rediscovered some great forgotten titles that I have.

humbert

This is interesting. I have an nVidia GT-640 which runs OK. What I didn't know what that on this card I can run as many as 3 monitors (according to Shadow) by connecting one of each of its ports (HDMI, DVI-D and VGA).

Also - did you say that if you ran a game using 2 or more monitors, you can have a 180° or higher view of what's happening? For example, if you're running a first person shooter, you can see to the right and left without having to move your character's field of view? Or is it that the game has to support this sort of thing?

@Shadow - I just had a look at your new video card (AMD Radeon R9 280X). Why do you say there's a huge bottleneck? According to the specs this thing is cutting edge. It's also expensive as hell. I'm wondering how you hook up 5 monitors to it when it's got only 4 ports.

You know something? I have an old LCD monitor sitting back there in my garage and I'm thinking what if I hooked it up as a 2nd monitor? My 1st question is about resolutions. Can my 1st monitor continue to run at 1920 x 1080 while the 2nd one runs at less than that?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 17, 2013, 04:44 AM
This is interesting. I have an nVidia GT-640 which runs OK. What I didn't know what that on this card I can run as many as 3 monitors (according to Shadow) by connecting one of each of its ports (HDMI, DVI-D and VGA).

Also - did you say that if you ran a game using 2 or more monitors, you can have a 180° or higher view of what's happening? For example, if you're running a first person shooter, you can see to the right and left without having to move your character's field of view? Or is it that the game has to support this sort of thing?

@Shadow - I just had a look at your new video card (AMD Radeon R9 280X). Why do you say there's a huge bottleneck? According to the specs this thing is cutting edge. It's also expensive as hell. I'm wondering how you hook up 5 monitors to it when it's got only 4 ports.

You know something? I have an old LCD monitor sitting back there in my garage and I'm thinking what if I hooked it up as a 2nd monitor? My 1st question is about resolutions. Can my 1st monitor continue to run at 1920 x 1080 while the 2nd one runs at less than that?
If you only use 2 monitors it can be hard to get it fullscreen or you will most likely get the crosshair in the middle that will say between the monitors. You could potentionally have an 8K resolution screen and a 300x400 resolution screen.

It is a huge bottleneck my CPU cant hold the latest games.  (BF4 for example) on high / ultra settings. In BF3 I run at ultra except Anti alicing which is X4 and it only runs on 40 fps in avarage. Feels smooth though.
Another thing I wouldn't suggest you hook up screens of different height as it is annoying when moving cursor across the screen.

There is a thing I think you would like it is a 1920x1080 but double width on a single monitor. I dont know what they are called though.

The top port of the graphics card allowes a cable splitter. A cable that splits 1 cable to 2 and aparantly you can have different images on them