• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Pardon my ignorance but what is "p-rating". I couldn't find it on Google or elsewhere.

Daniil

"p-rating" == "pirating" :)

Euphemism for prevent detecting you as user of unlicensed software by the government search engines (Yes, we despise them, but caution can not hurt.). Or, if you wish, a word of secret language of new pirates.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 16, 2015, 04:21 AM
Pardon my ignorance but what is "p-rating". I couldn't find it on Google or elsewhere.
Humbert -> How can a pirate can't recognize his secret code word?

Daniil

Quote from: Vasudev on January 14, 2015, 06:33 AM
is there difference between fps & stealth games.
As for me, there IS difference.
Firstly, stealth action is most for stealth. FPS must be more for shooting (but, ofcourse, with stealth elements, or, if to say more correctly, it must allow you to use variety tactics).
Second, it must contains big battle scenes. Without this shooter isn't shooter.

humbert

Despite all the p-rating you hear about, monopolies such as Microsoft are still making billions in profits. What's more, Bill Gate$ perfected the notion of actually using the pirates get Windows to where it is today. This idea has trickled down to all software no matter who writes it. Accordingly, any developer who believes he's going to make money on his product is living in a world of fantasy. The hard fact is that 99.9% of people who get their hands on their product will not pay for it. As I see it, if developers can't live with reality this then don't write software.

Something else. Governments really don't care all that much about piracy. They're too busy chasing terrorists and other more dangerous criminals. They only act when entities such as the MPAA start complaining, and even then it's just to get these guys off their backs. Here in America there are NO internet restrictions at all - I can get on any site and download anything without using a VPN. They've talked about it many times but the government really has no interest in doing much of anything.

Shadow.97

I suggest googling for 'play msdos games online free" then pressing the link to archive.com . my phone wont allow pasting into this textbox

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 01, 2015, 07:06 PM
I suggest googling for 'play msdos games online free" then pressing the link to archive.com . my phone wont allow pasting into this textbox

I was looking at this. How do you make your characters move around? I tried using the arrow keys and spacebar but it doesn't seem to work, and neither does the mouse.

The graphics look so archaic it's unreal. No need for SLI here  :)

humbert

I looked at the Machinarium web site. I was looking to see what the game was all about and didn't find any information. Basically what's the game about and what are you supposed to do? Also, how much is it assuming you want to buy it?

Daniil

Wow! That's very interesting. Looks like a synthesis of a grim french decadence and bad dream after Stanislaw Lem's "Tales of Robots". Is that a puzzle game or it's more quest?

humbert

I looked at the trailer and I'm not too clear on what the character is trying to do, or for that matter what the object of the game is.

Of course I don't like to buy software, and especially if it comes from a greedy monopoly like Microsoft or Apple. A lot of these games have no copy protection at all, BUT you must be online and have an non-free account to play it. I'm thinking maybe this game works that way too.