• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

The graphics certainly look pretty nice. And speaking of graphics, when is DX12 due out and/or when are the different games going to start supporting it? NVidia has already said that all cards series 600 and higher (I believe) will work with DX12 - it's just a matter of writing drivers and software.

Vasudev

There is one I think: Ashes of singularity alpha version.

humbert

Does anybody know what the deal is with DX12? Is there any game out there that supports it? Also, if you have a relatively new card that's work with DX12, will the game work in DX12 or have NVidia and AMD not released the updated drivers?

scarface

Few games are working with dx12 currently, as Vasudev said. It will work if you have a high-end graphic card and windows 10. My own graphic card doesn't support dx12 completely, the geforce 800 series only supporting a few features of dx12.

PS: I'm not seeding win7 lite anymore. Only yoda has been interested. If some want it, send a pm.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 16, 2015, 04:45 AM
Does anybody know what the deal is with DX12? Is there any game out there that supports it? Also, if you have a relatively new card that's work with DX12, will the game work in DX12 or have NVidia and AMD not released the updated drivers?
I've bad news for Humbert, Nvidia does not support ASync shaders which is equivalent to AMD GCN. Without Async Shaders dx12 games run like hell on Nvidia. If you want to play games at HD  res just stick with dx11 games for now.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 16, 2015, 04:08 PM
I've bad news for Humbert, Nvidia does not support ASync shaders which is equivalent to AMD GCN. Without Async Shaders dx12 games run like hell on Nvidia. If you want to play games at HD  res just stick with dx11 games for now.

I did a Google search and found that while many NVidia cards do support DX12, for now they're not as good as AMD. I even read someplace that AMD's R9-290 performs better on DX12 than NVidia's GTX-980 Ti. I will bet borrowed money this situation will not last and NVidia will catch up before DX12 goes mainstream. It's not that I'm an NVidia fan, it's that I've seen this sort of thing happen so many times before.

To analogize, 4K is also slowly moving forward. I intend to wait a while before I upgrade my TV's and monitors. In fact, I'd have to check the specs but there are still many devices that don't even support HDMI 2.0.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 18, 2015, 03:51 AM

To analogize, 4K is also slowly moving forward. I intend to wait a while before I upgrade my TV's and monitors. In fact, I'd have to check the specs but there are still many devices that don't even support HDMI 2.0.
You do already have the latest HDTV available in the market, right? Have you heard about Quantum Dot TV, couple that with 4K which would be promising tech I suppose. Samsung's Curved HDTV is very good and you get the feeling you're inside TV.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 18, 2015, 10:19 PM
You do already have the latest HDTV available in the market, right? Have you heard about Quantum Dot TV, couple that with 4K which would be promising tech I suppose. Samsung's Curved HDTV is very good and you get the feeling you're inside TV.

As you know 4K is already out. In fact, today I had to go to a store to get something and they had an 80" 4K-TV. The picture is absolutely stunning and the details are incredible. However, I do believe this isn't the time to buy one. Almost all programming is in either 1080p or 1080i, not to mention 4KTV's are notoriously expensive. The one I was looking at sold for $3700. 55" 1080p TV went for as little as $500. Mark my words: 4K pricing WILL come down and more programming will be available. Let's be patient.  :)

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 20, 2015, 01:46 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 18, 2015, 10:19 PM

As you know 4K is already out. In fact, today I had to go to a store to get something and they had an 80" 4K-TV. The picture is absolutely stunning and the details are incredible. However, I do believe this isn't the time to buy one. Almost all programming is in either 1080p or 1080i, not to mention 4KTV's are notoriously expensive. The one I was looking at sold for $3700. 55" 1080p TV went for as little as $500. Mark my words: 4K pricing WILL come down and more programming will be available. Let's be patient.  :)
I didn't understand "programing" part. Are you referring to assembly level code used for targeting chipsets directly say, for example Ras. Pi.

Shadow.97

Been playing Runescape for about 14 hours lately. Hella relaxing. Had to decrease my monitors refreshrate from 144 to 60 because my eyes got strained.
I live of noodles and milk.
I play durings lessons, breaks and everytime I can.
It's a very afk-able game, so I do a lot of stuff at the same time. That is what allows me to do it during lessons etc. I do still study fully. It just keeps my mind off depressing and anxious subjects.