• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Tonight, I’m going to present the game Metro Last Light, released in 2013. It is one of the best fps of 2013.
The game now takes place in 2034 in Moscow, essentially in the subway but it’s not really the adaptation of the book Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Indeed, Metro Last Light develops an original story which is a direct continuation of the first game and in which we find Artyom in pursuit of the last dark, a humanoid creature with psychic powers, having escaped the destruction of the nest in 2033. Dark corridors, crowded dormitories stations or an area trapped in the nuclear winter, Artyom will again see a lot of countries throughout his adventure. A journey that will still remain mostly underground but however not redundant. Each place has a meticulous care and an atmosphere and peculiarities of its own; some sets are breathtaking. It welcomes back the heavy and filthy atmosphere which gave the game its first interest.

The feeling of being an isolated prey in a hostile place or, conversely, being choked by overpopulation of the last bastions of humanity is perfectly rendered by effective staging and particularly flattering graphics rendering on PC. If some details are a bit out of place (eg sparse vegetation or certain textures), the title is based on the effects of lights and a controlled artistic direction. Despair literally oozes across the screen but also in all the little details of the background. From dialogues between the fighters to individual micro dramas through many references to the historical background of Russia (Stalinist communism, corruption), each element of Metro Last Light seems to naturally articulate with others to offer us a especially rich and coherent universe.
We have seen that humbert was pretty demanding concerning games, and despite the interesting story I don’t know if this game would match his expectations. Obviously, this game does not support dx12.

This game is only suitable for those 18 and over.
Here are a few screenshots. Warning: the ones deemed unsuitable will require you to click if you want to see the picture.

scarface

I gave the game psycho pinball made by Fuj to sb who was eager to play pinball.
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg18638#msg18638
Let's thank Fuj for his work.

Daniil

Great that comrade scarface doesn't forget about this topic!
I read Glukhovsky's "Metro 2033" novel when it wasn't yet printed (it was published freely at site of author, before he decide to print it). I don't played the game yet, but I will - I want to add it to my "post-apocalyptic" collection with Fallout series and new Mad Max game.

I can tell you about other game, game which seemed to me absolutely CRAZY! ;D

It is FACTORIO.
http://www.factorio.com/
Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories. Looks pretty simple and boring, huh? Oh, no, you don't even imagine, what you will face in a game! You are colonist from Earth, arrived to far, unknown planet. You have some tools, knowledges and a goal to build a support for a new colony for people of Earth. And you begin to build an infrastructure.

You build a mine, an ovens, dig coal and iron, build electric generators, belt transporters, robots, optimize production rate, research new technologies... The game is highly addictive - I started it at the end of Friday... And stop it at end of Sunday, when my friend call me and said that I'm idiot and forgot to bring him one important thing for our project.
I tell him about FACTORIO... And he himself lost there for three days.
The game has hidden philosophical meaning - when you achieve main goals of the game (create infrastructure and build and launch the rocket with transmitter, which send signal about new colony to Earth), you stay alone in poisoned, toxic wasteland, covered with concrete, transporter belts, pipes and robots, in the center of giant factory, which works by itself without your control, and you, as a slave, only supports it and repairs it.
It makes you wonder.

scarface

I'm happy to see that Daniil is back on the forum. He always has interesting things to say.
If you play fallout 4, you can try to do a review. That's the game I wanted to test, but I don't feel like it.

humbert

I suppose the only bad thing about Daniil is he can't log in more frequently. :(  He is an asset to our forum.

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on November 30, 2015, 08:31 PM
I'm happy to see that Daniil is back on the forum. He always has interesting things to say.
If you play fallout 4, you can try to do a review. That's the game I wanted to test, but I don't feel like it.
Thank you, comrade. When I download Fallout4, I'll for sure post here a small review.

But now let's talk about another very good game - "Carnivores: Dinosaur hunter reborn".
The main idea of the game is very simple:
1) All of us likes to kill. ;D
2) Also, all of us likes dinosaurs.
3) So, let's kill some dinosaurs! 8)

This game is a remake (or a next part) of game "Carnivores-2", which was made at year 1998 (? I'm not sure) by small Ukrainian game development studio. I liked that game very much, even despite it was hardcore and unbalanced like hell.
"Carnivores-2" was a hunting simulator, where you can hunt herbivorous and carnivorous dinosaurs on a wide islands covered with forest. It had very beautiful graphics (for y. 1998), bad, flat sound, and was absolutely frightening and horrible, because it was not clean, who is the prey (i.e., it was difficult to understand, you hunting dinosaurs or dinosaurs hunting you). On the maps besides dinosaurs, you select to hunt, was unmarked dinosaurs, mostly carnivorous... And they was very hungry!

Today that studio was re-organized, and they made a next part of "Carnivores". Graphics becomes truly fascinating - they use modern engine (probably Havoc). Sound is also good - you can determine, where is a carnivore, which hunting you, and that gives you a miserable chance to hit it. They also add a correct "radar" - a device which you can achieve inside a game, which shows positions of any big dinosaurs on map. It is good countermeasure against sence of smell of dinosaurs. Unexpected carnivores on the map also exists, and they are more intelligent than before. There is only 3 types of weapons - "elephant" rifle, big crossbow, sniper rifle. (But more weapons is not required!)
So, if you tired of modern city life, you can plunge into the primal and hunt some dinos in this game.

Video from the game

scarface

Unlike wolfenstein new order, codaw, or metro last light, I didnt find fallout 4 interesting. In this game, a nuclear bomb is exploding, and then you are playing as a woman, only wearing panties, and wandering amidst the rubble. I stopped playing after one hour.
clearly, dont waste your time with this one, instead, you could review call of duty black ops3, I didnt play it, but it may be better.

scarface

Here are a few photos of a good game, the sequel of Metro Last light.
Like its predecessor, Metro 2033 redux takes place deep into the tunnels of Moscow's Metro. The world above is terrifying, but the sad truth is it's not much worse than life below.
In Metro redux, there are improved graphics and a new gameplay as well as totally different sequences.
Subtlety is what makes Metro 2033 and Last Light such exceptionally immersive games. They nail the core tenets of a shooter, then force you to react to enemies in ways outside of simply taking cover.

humbert

How many of these games support DX12? I bought myself a 4K monitor and NVidia GXT-970 video card so I was wondering. My favorite game (Diablo III) has no DX12 but it does support 3840x2160 @ 60 FPS. It looks absolutely stunning on my new system.

BTW - I do not have plenty of money. I have good credit. :)

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2016, 05:58 AM
How many of these games support DX12? I bought myself a 4K monitor and NVidia GXT-970 video card so I was wondering. My favorite game (Diablo III) has no DX12 but it does support 3840x2160 @ 60 FPS. It looks absolutely stunning on my new system.

BTW - I do not have plenty of money. I have good credit. :)
When did you ditch 660 SLIs? Planning to buy Pascal GPUs in near future? Hitman Absolution, Far cry primal uses dx12.
Do you own a bank yourself?