• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2016, 07:54 PM
@humb: How many people are there in your house? 20 clients??? At my place, 4 clients connected to the dongle gives sluggish speeds. Do you still get access to torrents, I was unsuccessful till very end in finding some torrents in TPB.

This is not an exaggeration. Currently the following devices are connected to my router:

1) My desktop
2) My phone
3) My tablet
4) My lady's desktop
5) Her phone
6) Her laptop
7, 8, 9) Roku streamers - 3 of them
10, 11) Smart TV (2 of them)
12) Xbox belonging to a family member here temporarily

There are times when family visits for a day or so. All those people have phones, tablets and/or laptops, and they always ask me to put their devices on the network. This is in addition to what's already on there.

To deal with the load I have a Netgear CM500 cable modem. This is connected to an Asus AC-3200 router, which is heavy duty. You already know my speeds.

Regarding torrents, don't search the Pirate Bay. Download and install Torrent Rover (Google for the link). It's excellent, you'll find just about anything.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 28, 2016, 05:34 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2016, 07:54 PM
@humb: How many people are there in your house? 20 clients??? At my place, 4 clients connected to the dongle gives sluggish speeds. Do you still get access to torrents, I was unsuccessful till very end in finding some torrents in TPB.

This is not an exaggeration. Currently the following devices are connected to my router:

1) My desktop
2) My phone
3) My tablet
4) My lady's desktop
5) Her phone
6) Her laptop
7, 8, 9) Roku streamers - 3 of them
10, 11) Smart TV (2 of them)
12) Xbox belonging to a family member here temporarily

There are times when family visits for a day or so. All those people have phones, tablets and/or laptops, and they always ask me to put their devices on the network. This is in addition to what's already on there.

To deal with the load I have a Netgear CM500 cable modem. This is connected to an Asus AC-3200 router, which is heavy duty. You already know my speeds.

Regarding torrents, don't search the Pirate Bay. Download and install Torrent Rover (Google for the link). It's excellent, you'll find just about anything.
I'll try Torrent Rover in windows.

Vasudev

@scarface: Do you buy the games after testing?

scarface

Quote@scarface: Do you buy the games after testing?
I never implied I was doing so.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 01, 2017, 10:53 AM

We're pirates. Buying games is immoral and is grounds for expulsion.  ;)

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 04, 2017, 03:41 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on February 01, 2017, 10:53 AM

We're pirates. Buying games is immoral and is grounds for expulsion.  ;)
But here we would face strict actions and an hefty fees if found guilty. That's why I went into a low profile and download only 2-3 movies, rarely I download games because of being blocked by ISP, I found a workaround but its illegal. Not so big thing use prefix https://.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 05, 2017, 05:36 PM
But here we would face strict actions and an hefty fees if found guilty. That's why I went into a low profile and download only 2-3 movies, rarely I download games because of being blocked by ISP, I found a workaround but its illegal. Not so big thing use prefix https://.

You're reading too many newspapers. The only people who can really get in trouble are those who are stupid enough to host warez on local servers and make themselves very public. If it were as bad as the government tries to portray then there simply aren't enough jails for 1.2 billion Indians.

As a safety precaution I use Torguard for my torrent downloads. It gives those in the swarm a fake IP address, making it virtually impossible to track me down.

Before I forget, be sure to install the HTTPS Everywhere Firefox addon. It even comes pre-installed on Tor, which shows how important it is.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 10, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on February 05, 2017, 05:36 PM

You're reading too many newspapers. The only people who can really get in trouble are those who are stupid enough to host warez on local servers and make themselves very public. If it were as bad as the government tries to portray then there simply aren't enough jails for 1.2 billion Indians.

As a safety precaution I use Torguard for my torrent downloads. It gives those in the swarm a fake IP address, making it virtually impossible to track me down.

Before I forget, be sure to install the HTTPS Everywhere Firefox addon. It even comes pre-installed on Tor, which shows how important it is.
Installed HTTPS Everywhere. What is Torguard? Is it an add-on? I just googled up Torguard, it isn't freeware. Just bad luck!

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 10, 2017, 08:23 AM
Installed HTTPS Everywhere. What is Torguard? Is it an add-on? I just googled up Torguard, it isn't freeware. Just bad luck!

Pardon me for not explaining. Torguard is a paid VPN or, in my case a proxy server. I pay $5 a month. My torrent traffic goes through their proxy, so that anyone in the swarm who looks at me will see a nonexistent IP address. I signed up after getting an email from my ISP telling me they got a complaint from someone who saw me downloading a movie. Since I signed up the problem has disappeared completely.

Their service is great. Fast as a bullet and it never fails. I check using this site: http://ipmagnet.services.cbcdn.com

DeenaJoshi

hi,

My most favorite game is Bike Racing 3D, apart from that I also play hill climb racing, Real racing 3,cars 2, the crew and many more.

iso certification
iso 9001 certification