• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I'm curious about something. These games you guys talk about. Are any of them in DX-12 and, if so, how do they look assuming some of you have the hardware that supports DX-12? I'm not too clear what the requirements are.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on October 09, 2018, 05:51 AM
I'm curious about something. These games you guys talk about. Are any of them in DX-12 and, if so, how do they look assuming some of you have the hardware that supports DX-12? I'm not too clear what the requirements are.
all the ones I tried were dx11 ports to dx12. so no difference. the dx12 version jjst crashed more

scarface

I don't think any game on the forum is using dx12. But for the games using dx12, windows 10 is required, with a compatible graphic card. Otherwise dx11 is used, but the difference is probably slim.

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on October 09, 2018, 02:04 PM
I don't think any game on the forum is using dx12. But for the games using dx12, windows 10 is required, with a compatible graphic card. Otherwise dx11 is used, but the difference is probably slim.
DX12 games aren't stable when you try to game for 3hr+. Take for example Hitman dx12 which barely runs for 20 mins straight unlike dx11.1 game. I tested it on nvidia 980M 8GB. FPS on dx12 is better and consistent than DX11.
@Shadow97: Try setting Target Reuse to True in advanced graphics settings.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 10, 2018, 09:26 AM
DX12 games aren't stable when you try to game for 3hr+. Take for example Hitman dx12 which barely runs for 20 mins straight unlike dx11.1 game. I tested it on nvidia 980M 8GB. FPS on dx12 is better and consistent than DX11. [/quote]

You're saying they're unstable after 3hr but they're better on the 980M. Are we talking differences in hardware or what?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 11, 2018, 05:47 AM

You're saying they're unstable after 3hr but they're better on the 980M. Are we talking differences in hardware or what?
Yes they run more smoothly like AMD Mantle API. I even like how good vulkan API runs on maxwell 2 GPUs 970 and 980 models. All that good will simply a waste when a game crashes when a progress is being saved and its a pain to start over!

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 11, 2018, 09:54 AM
Yes they run more smoothly like AMD Mantle API. I even like how good vulkan API runs on maxwell 2 GPUs 970 and 980 models. All that good will simply a waste when a game crashes when a progress is being saved and its a pain to start over!

It goes without saying that DX-12 games are designed with high-end hardware in mind, and I don't mean just a beefed-up video card. Logic dictates that if you use an older system you're bound to run into problems. Add to this that every time something new is released, it takes a while to iron out all the bugs.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 13, 2018, 05:36 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 11, 2018, 09:54 AM

It goes without saying that DX-12 games are designed with high-end hardware in mind, and I don't mean just a beefed-up video card. Logic dictates that if you use an older system you're bound to run into problems. Add to this that every time something new is released, it takes a while to iron out all the bugs.
The problem is almost NIL with AMD GPUs. Problem is Nvidia, even Pascal does crash suddenly on dx12.

scarface

You may find this topic shambolic - like the rest of the forum - but you can still find some interesting games.
If you know some smaller repacks, if you are experiencing problems, or if you have some games to upload, feel free to post your message.

Bring to light: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29335#msg29335
Farcry 4: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29209#msg29209
Outlast 2: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29111#msg29111

Shadow.97

Been playing some BF5 the last days.
It's been a positive experience.
However i must say, that i hope that they do not change TTL(time to kill). As i always preferred  the hardcore modes of battlefields.

The game has a great flow, even on low fps.
I'd say 45 fps feels like 90 fps in many other games.

Not overly chaotic so far, and a very visually appealing game.
Will attach some screenshots as soon as i un-bricked my computer. (It keeps attempting to upgrade to 1809, which fails each time. Leaving it in an unbootable state.).