Author Topic: General chat room  (Read 51501 times)

November 06, 2020, 09:18 PM
Reply #280
  • Global Moderator
With respect to Coronavirus, I'm not suggesting we do nothing. What I'm saying is let's put it into proper perspective. This is not bubonic plague nor the so-called Spanish Flu (which had nothing to do with Spain). The kill ratio is under 5%, meaning over 95% survive. Only the most vulnerable are at risk. My lady's mom died of it, but then again she was 85 and a lifelong smoker. 2 or 3 of her children and/or grandchildren were also infected. They all survived.

With respect to the USA election, I originally believed all was lost. I forgot the fact that many more votes remained to be counted and are still being counted 3 days after the election. As of this moment things are looking very good for Biden. The US Secret Service has already extended presidential protection for him and his family. His transition team is already at work. As of today's post it's not over yet. Let's not chant victory until all votes are counted.

Coup d'etat? I don't think it'll go that far. Trump will rant and rave until people get tired of listening to him. For a coup to happen you need to control of the military. It's no secret the country's top generals and admirals don't like him. Even it they did, rest assured the American people are not going to just sit back and do nothing, especially when Biden clearly won the popular vote.

November 23, 2020, 12:04 AM
Reply #281
  • Global Moderator
Maybe some of you are still confined due to the lockdown.
I don't thin it is the case in the US or in Palestine. But in France, an exemption certification is needed to go out.

Note that if you need an exemption certification,  this one must be valid.
In today's Figaro, I stumbled upon an interesting article:
He said he was waiting for someone to beat him up and he put it on on his certificate: a resident of Lannion (Côtes d'Armor) was fined 135 euros in the night from Friday to Saturday as a result of 'a police check. The 39-year-old was hiding behind a car near Lannion train station on Saturday around 1 a.m. when he was spotted by a police patrol. The man was equipped with a switchblade. “He had his handwritten certificate with his real name, the time he left home at 10:15 pm. But he was told that the reason was not valid, ”added the police, confirming information from the local press. “He's someone who is concerned about the law in his own way,” the police officer said.
Drunk, the suspect was placed in a drunken cell. He came out on Saturday morning with a fine of 135 euros for the certificate and another of 150 euros for public and overt drunkenness. He left with a good model of certificate and it was pointed out to him that "to fight is not planned," added the police commander.

Today at 09:36 PM
Reply #282
  • Global Moderator
Fortunately we are on the verge on ending this Covid19 crisis. There are already several vaccines out. Like all new things, they require fine tuning - but it will be done. Distribution will begin sometime next year. It will take a while for fine tuning an mass distribution, but it WILL happen. I'd say by this time next year Covid19 will be relegated to the history books.

Add to this the fact that Covid is not Bubonic Plague nor the Spanish flu. This thing has a very low kill ratio. The more people survive, the more difficult it will be for them to be reinfected. In a matter of speaking, the survivor will be, in effect, vaccined.