• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Secure instant messenger required

Started by Daniil, October 17, 2016, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 27, 2016, 05:17 AM
Don't Whatsapp  encryption? Is it any good for what Daniil is looking for?
Daniil doesn't trust FB.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2016, 07:55 PM
Daniil doesn't trust FB.

Yeah, Whatsapp has been purchased by Facebook. In theory private messages are encrypted and not available to FB users. Whether the FSB get copies of Daniil's messages is unknown.

I wonder if Viber would work?

Daniil -> While I understand your need for privacy, is there anything in your messages Putin would be interested in?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on October 26, 2016, 07:28 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 26, 2016, 06:52 AM
Quote from: Daniil on October 19, 2016, 08:32 AM
Almost, none of my friends use Telegram. Hike messenger is a good alternative to WhatsApp because it consumes less battery and has lot of stickers.
@shadow97: Did you do a repaste of AW 15? It seems everyone recommends them @NBR. A tip to fix touchpad stutters on AW is to download latest Input driver made for 15 R3 and majority of issues like high CPU  util. by live tray icon. BTW, Dell/Compal EC sensor has major issue.
I have not repasted this, there is no need to. It runs really cool.
I also have no stuttering on my touchpad.
I've clocked my AW back up to 4ghz for the winter, and also a minor overclock on the GPU. I did the GPU clock first however. Here's the result in Unigine heaven (1080p) http://i.imgur.com/p3mIt4Z.jpg after clocking everything up, I ran a stability test for the night and one day. No issues with heat or crashes. Max temp 66c. Very reasonable in my opinion. However, I did notice some coilwhining at these frequencies. I tuned everything, and the whine is gone!

The issues I had with my AW:
Blew my speakers twice.
The DC inputcables melted, but not enough to say that the laptop wasnt charging. This caused CPU downclock issues. But probably saved the pc from causing a fire or something. This was a batch issue.
Intel HD graphics being in the way for some gpu tuning.
Intel HD caused the screen to change the brightness, even when adaptive brightness was off. I had to set all intel HD settings to "Max Performance" for it to stop.

Quote from: humbert on October 28, 2016, 05:22 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 27, 2016, 07:55 PM
Daniil doesn't trust FB.

Yeah, Whatsapp has been purchased by Facebook. In theory private messages are encrypted and not available to FB users. Whether the FSB get copies of Daniil's messages is unknown.

I wonder if Viber would work?

Daniil -> While I understand your need for privacy, is there anything in your messages Putin would be interested in?
I don't trust Facebook either.
Almost all the major companies give data to governments.
The things I really want to send in private is sent my physical post, written in a way that does not make sense to people who do not know me in person. But I also wrap it in aluminium ductape so it will be obvious if someone snooped. I've used this to send some less.... legal things :)
I really do wonder why I keep using nomaher.com..

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 26, 2016, 06:52 AM
I have not repasted this, there is no need to. It runs really cool.
I also have no stuttering on my touchpad.
I've clocked my AW back up to 4ghz for the winter, and also a minor overclock on the GPU. I did the GPU clock first however. Here's the result in Unigine heaven (1080p) http://i.imgur.com/p3mIt4Z.jpg after clocking everything up, I ran a stability test for the night and one day. No issues with heat or crashes. Max temp 66c. Very reasonable in my opinion. However, I did notice some coilwhining at these frequencies. I tuned everything, and the whine is gone!
The issues I had with my AW:
Blew my speakers twice.
The DC inputcables melted, but not enough to say that the laptop wasnt charging. This caused CPU downclock issues. But probably saved the pc from causing a fire or something. This was a batch issue.
Intel HD graphics being in the way for some gpu tuning.
Intel HD caused the screen to change the brightness, even when adaptive brightness was off. I had to set all intel HD settings to "Max Performance" for it to stop.

@Shadow97: Have you installed Speccy, HWInfo? If so, try opening speccy and try moving or hovering the Touchpad and most likely you'll find stutter issues. In HWinfo if you enable Embedded Controller (EC) support the issues like system instability, stutters and unresponsive PC are most likely to occur.   
To get rid of Intel Issues, set all Intel services to Manual and most issues will be resolved. Even Dell SupportAssist 1.0.2 had many issues and latest version fixed everything. One more thing, set all dell services such as Foundation services, Dell Update and customer connect to Manual. AW Amplifier and Fusion service aren't that resource intensive.
Boss Maher needs to enable HTTPS/SSL in the forum code and you will get secure connection.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 28, 2016, 04:00 PM
I don't trust Facebook either.
Almost all the major companies give data to governments.

I agree. That's why I'm rarely of Facebook or any social media site. Then again, what information can these sites give the government that they don't already know? Posting secret stuff on Facebook is like yelling it with a bullhorn in the middle of a crowd.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on October 28, 2016, 04:00 PM
I really do wonder why I keep using nomaher.com..

I don't think there's anything on this site the government would be interested in. We might talk about pirated copies of stuff, but then again they know more about that than we do. They don't waste their time try to chase down someone who runs a copy of Windows he didn't pay for. Not even Microsoft does that.