• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What kind of meat (or cheese) is it?

Started by scarface, October 11, 2015, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

This week I stumbled upon a sausage than some of you may deem exotic of unfamiliar. Maybe Maher or Yoda are eating such a kind of meat, but it is not usual. So I'm going to ask you to vote if you have recognized what kind of meat it is. This "Saucisson" comes from South America, and as you can see on the photo, this reddish meat looks good.

Yoda

Quote from: scarface on October 11, 2015, 07:02 PMMaybe Maher or Yoda are eating such a kind of meat, but it is not usual.
Well... Thats true... I m mostly eating meat (a lot of)...
There are a lot of similar looking meats in Greece, but it looks like a kind of Salami. So I ll say that should be pork meat... (My second guess should be donkey)

(I have no problem to deal with vegetarians though... I m eating vegetarians too...  :P )
May The Force Be With You ...

scarface

Well, somebody voted pork in the poll, I guess it's you. I did not vote in order not to distort the results. I'll give the answer later.

scarface

I'm going to give you the answer.

It's not pork: had it been pork, the meat would have looked a bit more pinkish. It's true that chorizo is red, but it's due to the addition of paprika.

It's not Mammoth nor E.T., indeed Both of them disappeared a long time ago.
Nor it is ostrich, even if its meat is also a bit red.
This is donkey meat. Maybe some of you are eating such food. I've been a bit mistaken since Islam forbids donkey meat, as well as dog, cat, monkey, lion, elephant... except wild donkeys, as mentioned in the hadith of Abou Qatâda.

Yoda

Aha!
I have tried a lot of type of meats (Ostrich, crocodile, frog etc) but never donkey
(Also the one in the photo is too cute to be eaten...) :D
May The Force Be With You ...

humbert

Quote from: Yoda on October 16, 2015, 10:39 AM
Aha!
I have tried a lot of type of meats (Ostrich, crocodile, frog etc) but never donkey

Crocodile meat is excellent. I tried it during a trip to Cuba several years ago. Sadly it's not available here in the USA.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 18, 2015, 03:41 AM
Quote from: Yoda on October 16, 2015, 10:39 AM
Aha!

Crocodile meat is excellent. I tried it during a trip to Cuba several years ago. Sadly it's not available here in the USA.
Its first time hearing about croc and donkey meat, since I stopped eating meat and turned to veggies.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 28, 2015, 04:32 PM
Its first time hearing about croc and donkey meat, since I stopped eating meat and turned to veggies.

How do you get the necessary proteins?

If it were up to me I'd become a vegetarian too. That's just not possible. My lady and almost everyone I know are total carnivores. I'd have to have a separate meal for myself instead of just eating what's being cooked for everybody.

Vasudev

I eat 2 chicken eggs every 2 days and also fish meat in small amounts. I was bored of eating meat frequently, so I stopped eating it.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 30, 2015, 05:43 PM
I eat 2 chicken eggs every 2 days and also fish meat in small amounts. I was bored of eating meat frequently, so I stopped eating it.

Do you live with a family where a common meal is prepared for everyone? If so then how do you deal with others not sharing your views when it comes to meat, or anything else for that matter? This is my situation.