• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 10 Privacy Issues

Started by Vasudev, December 07, 2016, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

This thread is regarding how to disable or remove telemetry from Windows 10.
Hopefully other members can post their views and softwares to remove/disable telemetry.

Vasudev

W10  telemetry remover:

• O&O shut Up!
  • Spybot; Destroy 10 spying
  • Do not Spy
List of other SW can be added by other members as well.

humbert

Do Not Spy is also pretty good. A great deal of telemetry and spying can be eliminated in the settings and a few tweak using the Group Policy Editor, but with these apps you can do all this at once instead of spending an hour tweaking and tweaking. Even if you're on Windows Home and don't have a Group Policy Editor, making modifications in the registry will work the same way.

Destroy Windows Spying can also delete unwanted Metro programs, and can go as far as to delete all Metro apps except Cortana, which can be easily disabled.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 10, 2016, 04:39 AM
Destroy Windows Spying can also delete unwanted Metro programs, and can go as far as to delete all Metro apps except Cortana, which can be easily disabled.
I use all Metro apps like Groove Music (Faster than iTunes ), MSN apps and others.

Certvalue

i have some doubts on Windows 10 OS. Sometimes in my system it is supported showing some errors some time. Can you please let me know.

ISO 27001 Certification in Bangalore

humbert

Quote from: Certvalue on August 20, 2017, 07:03 PM
i have some doubts on Windows 10 OS. Sometimes in my system it is supported showing some errors some time. Can you please let me know.

I was reading that Windows 10S can only run metro apps. If so then it's garbage, there are very few metro apps that are worth anything. Is your system strong enough to handle Windows Home or Pro? If so then I suggest wiping the drive and installing that.

Since 10S won't do 3rd party apps, the most you can do is go into your settings and disable as much telemetry-related stuff as you possibly can. There's probably many more things you can disable by using the registry editor. You'll find them on Google.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 21, 2017, 04:54 AM
Quote from: Certvalue on August 20, 2017, 07:03 PM

I was reading that Windows 10S can only run metro apps. If so then it's garbage, there are very few metro apps that are worth anything. Is your system strong enough to handle Windows Home or Pro? If so then I suggest wiping the drive and installing that.

Since 10S won't do 3rd party apps, the most you can do is go into your settings and disable as much telemetry-related stuff as you possibly can. There's probably many more things you can disable by using the registry editor. You'll find them on Google.
Try this ISO of W10 FCU from Phoenix http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-bloatware-free-edition.804247/

Sobhana123

hi there.. really nice information.. i was looking for this since a long time…really appreciate the amount of work which you have put into to it.. thanks for sharing

humbert

Vasu: On several occasions I believe you said you upgrade Windows 10 manually. How do you do that? On my lappie for some reason Windows update isn't working. Until I find a fix I want to keep it up to date.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 07, 2018, 06:33 AM
Vasu: On several occasions I believe you said you upgrade Windows 10 manually. How do you do that? On my lappie for some reason Windows update isn't working. Until I find a fix I want to keep it up to date.
Grab the iso from techbench adguard https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
Mount and run setup.exe
OR I found Dism++ to be very versatile tool to fix your issue in one go.
Just check WinSxs cleanup, windows update log, Windows update install history and cache and just reboot. Your issue will be fixed. Make sure you create a system restore point before proceeding or even Macrium reflect Image backup for safety reason if you're paranoid about losing imp. files. Its safe though I have tried it w/o any issues.