• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Hackintosh Anyone?

Started by akaubee, November 26, 2018, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akaubee

Hi friends, I recently got a macbook pro early 2011 from a friend of mine. Frankly the hardware specs s*cks but the Mac OS is an amazing OS.Now I could install it somehow on my pc but before I could do so, I had to watch so many tutorials on YouTube. Is there anyone using hackintosh..?

I used clover bootloader in order to install and boot mac os and regarding drivers only wifi is not working

My pc  specs:
biostar h81
pentium g3240
8gb (4x2GB)
kingston 120gb ssd

scarface

If you need osx, I advise you to install it via vmware. I tried to do that a few months ago, to no avail.
But I didn't try for long, because  I think there are better products. Apple is trendy, but way overpriced.
If you want sth that works on a pc, you should just use Ubuntu, in my opinion.

And do not forget that Apple is a controversial American brand.
If you are a model citizen, maybe you should use sth else. If you think that I'm resorting to biased narratives, you can read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.
I've been several times to the Apple Store of the Opera, in Paris, and I never bought anything. In fact, it never crossed my mind. Usually, those who are buying Apple products just want to be different. In this case, there is linux, and it's free. And if you want to get rid of Windows, you can even install it as your only OS.
Here is a link for Ubuntu: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
And As far as drivers are concerned, it's quite easy to install it, even for a beginner. As for me, I still use windows, I don't have the energy to look for compatible software applications.

Vasudev

Quote from: akaubee on November 26, 2018, 02:58 PM
Hi friends, I recently got a macbook pro early 2011 from a friend of mine. Frankly the hardware specs s*cks but the Mac OS is an amazing OS.Now I could install it somehow on my pc but before I could do so, I had to watch so many tutorials on YouTube. Is there anyone using hackintosh..?

I used clover bootloader in order to install and boot mac os and regarding drivers only wifi is not working

My pc  specs:
biostar h81
pentium g3240
8gb (4x2GB)
kingston 120gb ssd
Try Ubuntu or Xubuntu 18 and theme it like OS X.

akaubee

Quote from: scarface on November 26, 2018, 03:23 PM
If you need osx, I advise you to install it via vmware. I tried to do that a few months ago, to no avail.
But I didn't try for long, because  I think there are better products. Apple is trendy, but way overpriced.
If you want sth that works on a pc, you should just use Ubuntu, in my opinion.
Yes i did install via vmware, without clover bootloader or tonymacx86 support. the problem was about 3D hardware acceleration. the vm screen flickered a lot. The reason I liked mac os is about the animations and there are many daily apps that are also designed for mac(ms office, adobe photoshop, vs studio, netbeans,... I use the pirated version of course)

And regarding to linux ubuntu,this is the best distro I've ever used. I tried a lot more like:linux mint, elementaryOS, deepin OS, openSUSE, debian

akaubee

Quote from: Vasudev on November 26, 2018, 08:59 PM
Loll. that was funny. I used hackintosh for experience and I found it amazing regarding app support and animations. But I would return to ubuntu as my secondary OS. I did exactly what you told before the idea of installing hackintosh came to me

scarface

Quote from: akaubee
And regarding to linux ubuntu,this is the best distro I've ever used. I tried a lot more like:linux mint, elementaryOS, deepin OS, openSUSE, debian

How will you play the repack that will be released tonight then? I hope you still have an old version of windows somewhere.

https://ibb.co/LhvKwY9

Vasudev

Quote from: akaubee on November 27, 2018, 09:24 AM
Loll. that was funny. I used hackintosh for experience and I found it amazing regarding app support and animations. But I would return to ubuntu as my secondary OS. I did exactly what you told before the idea of installing hackintosh came to me
Intel and AMD 3D might work but Nvidia's a hit or a miss on OS X.

akaubee

Quote from: Vasudev on November 27, 2018, 10:39 AM
Nvidia is good for performance but it really s* on Linux(on my laptop) and for mac os, you can have nvidia drivers up to version 387.10.10.10.40.108. It is said that latest nvidia cards cannot perform on latest release, Mac OS Mojave.

Anyway, I uninstalled hackintosh, and I am currently using windows 7 on my PC and Windows 10 on my laptop. I wanted to install windows 7 on my laptop but the problem is about system drivers.

Vasudev

Quote from: akaubee on November 27, 2018, 07:48 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 27, 2018, 10:39 AM
Nvidia is good for performance but it really s* on Linux(on my laptop) and for mac os, you can have nvidia drivers up to version 387.10.10.10.40.108. It is said that latest nvidia cards cannot perform on latest release, Mac OS Mojave.

Anyway, I uninstalled hackintosh, and I am currently using windows 7 on my PC and Windows 10 on my laptop. I wanted to install windows 7 on my laptop but the problem is about system drivers.
That's lovely. Their OS is simply hyped too much!

Shadow.97

If you're only missing the driver for Wifi, try find the correct Kext.
If you cant find it, there's cheapo wifi adapters that work great with Hackintosh.
I had alot of issues installing Hackintosh on my hardware when i was interested in learning it.

But then I got a real mac for almost free, and it just wasnt my thing. So i stopped investing time in it.

I have heard alot of people had alot of success using wifi dongles though. Same goes with bluetooth.