• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Ive been to an hospital near Grenoble and I saw my mother. In a bed and not able to talk. Hopefully she knew who I was, but it's not even sure.
The doctor said they dont feed her any more.

I took a photo in Grignan...

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 27, 2021, 10:54 PM
Ive been to an hospital near Grenoble and I saw my mother. In a bed and not able to talk. Hopefully she knew who I was, but it's not even sure.
The doctor said they dont feed her any more.

How sad! My heartfelt condolences. 😥

scarface

She finally died this afternoon in the hospital center of La Mure...
From now on I guess the users of the forum are my only family.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 28, 2021, 10:41 PM
She finally died this afternoon in the hospital center of La Mure...
From now on I guess the users of the forum are my only family.

And we, your family, all here for you. Once again my condolences. I don't think you have any siblings so you had to do all the funeral arrangements. The only thing to do now is accept what happened and move on. My mom passed away about 1½ years ago so I know the feeling.

scarface

Well, I logged on to the forum and my godfather Joel called me on the phone so I was unable to post.
He was the best friend of my father. He's 75 but he's still hunting wild boars in the forests. If humbert and shadow.97 are coming to France one day, maybe they will hunt wild boars too.
But French is the only language spoken amongst hunters. What's more, eating wild boar and drinking red wine is a sheer necessity to show that you're a man.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 14, 2021, 09:24 PM
Well, I logged on to the forum and my godfather Joel called me on the phone so I was unable to post.
He was the best friend of my father. He's 75 but he's still hunting wild boars in the forests. If humbert and shadow.97 are coming to France one day, maybe they will hunt wild boars too.

What does he do with the boars after killing them? Does he eat them? In my opinion if you kill just a few non-human animals in order to eat them, it's OK. I strongly oppose the indiscriminate killing of innocent non-human animals who pose no threat to anyone. If you want to make is sporting, shoot something that can shoot back. Paintball is a fine example.

The North American Bison was nearly driven to extinction in the late 19th century for this very reason. Back in 1995 with help from Canada the Grey Wolf was reintroduced into Yellowstone National Park after their specie was killed off by greedy cattle ranchers. As expected the park was inundated with deer who kept eating farmers crops or whatever other plant life they could find.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 16, 2021, 06:23 AM
What does he do with the boars after killing them?
Yes, the meat of boar is an upscale dish. They are hunting deers too.
The meat of wild boar is bit gamier than pig and it gives wild flavours.

Note that a wild boar is not a warthog: The latter are living in Africa. Wild boars are nocturnal whereas warthogs are diurnal. A Boar is larger and heavier than a warthog, the density of fur in boars is high while warthogs have a sparse cover of hair.

Here is the photo of a wild boar. In French a wild boar is known as a "sanglier".

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 16, 2021, 06:23 AM
If you want to make is sporting, shoot something that can shoot back. Paintball is a fine example.
Actually hunting wild boars can be dangerous. Every year several hunters are injured by wild boars.

Now Imagine the scene.
We have all gathered in a rural area in the Lozère department. This is a big day.
Vasudev and shadow.97 are out picking mushrooms. Ahmad and aa1234779 have stayed at home to prepare the feast. In fact, they are watching the frightening episode of the X-files known as “Tooms”.
I, humbert and Maher have gone hunting wild boars. The other hunters are bewildered: who are these strangers ? Humbert is rapidly making things clear and say “Nous voulons chasser le sanglier”. Humbert and Maher look particularly determined. The hunters are finally inviting us into their hut. It is nearly 11am and the cocktail hour is approaching. Before providing us with a hunting dog, we have to show our skills. Humbert, Maher and I are enjoying this moment with pastis or fresh fruit juice, and dizziness ensues. After lunch, we are finally going to hunt the wild boars.
Suddenly, Maher is spotting something moving in the bushes, near Humbert: it is an enormous wild boar. Humbert is shooting the boar, it’s only 30 meters away, but the beast is now charging: it wants to make its assaillant trip and fall to the ground. Maher is aware of the danger: humbert won’t make it without an heroic act. He can’t use his rifle: the boar is too close and humbert is already on the ground, threatened by the sharp tusks of the monster. So Maher decide it’s time he fought back with a knife until mauling ends. It’s a success: Maher gained victory over the boar.
Thanks to Maher, there will be a feast for everyone.

humbert

QuoteHe can’t use his rifle: the boar is too close

Are you allowed to own firearms in France?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 20, 2021, 05:35 AM
QuoteHe can’t use his rifle: the boar is too close

Are you allowed to own firearms in France?
No, I'm not, because I'm not a hunter. A hunting permit is required. And with it, only a few small-caliber guns are allowed.