• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 07, 2021, 02:53 AM
This game requires Directx 12 indeed, but RE Village runs pretty well on most hardware, meaning you don’t need a brand new graphics card â€" or any GPU for that matter â€" to run the game. You can deal with Lady Dimitrescu straight away.
Many games still support Directx 11 or 9. The games of the series The Room only need graphic card compatible with Directx 9, 10 or 11 for the latest opus.

If the game REQUIRES DX-12, then how will it run on most any hardware? That is, of course, unless the game supports DX-12 but is backward compatible to older protocols.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 10, 2021, 05:55 AM
If the game REQUIRES DX-12, then how will it run on most any hardware? That is, of course, unless the game supports DX-12 but is backward compatible to older protocols.
Unlike previous Resident Evil games, RE8 requires directx 12 and is not compatible with older GPU indeed, but I meant that it can runs well on any DX12 compatible card. I have a geforce gtx 1050, it's not a brand new graphics card, and yet the game could run pretty well.
Maybe you are not equipped with a directx 12 graphics card, in this case you can still download Resident Evil 2 on the forum, which was a good Resident Evil opus, to test it.
As for shadow.97 or Vasudev, I assume they have a good graphics card since they regularly talk about the latest hardware devices.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 10, 2021, 07:31 AM
Unlike previous Resident Evil games, RE8 requires directx 12 and is not compatible with older GPU indeed, but I meant that it can runs well on any DX12 compatible card. I have a geforce gtx 1050, it's not a brand new graphics card, and yet the game could run pretty well.

When I had to upgrade my system last year, I also tried to see if I could upgrade my GTX-970 video card. Forget it! Even if you can find more modern graphics card, the price is ludicrous. Give thanks to all those people who still think they can get rich mining Bitcoin. I don't know if it's even worth mining any other cryptocurrency. Who even accepts them?

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on December 10, 2021, 07:31 AM
Quote from: humbert on December 10, 2021, 05:55 AM
Maybe you are not equipped with a directx 12 graphics card, in this case you can still download Resident Evil 2 on the forum, which was a good Resident Evil opus, to test it.
As for shadow.97 or Vasudev, I assume they have a good graphics card since they regularly talk about the latest hardware devices.
I only talk about latest hardware or tech articles but I'm not a yearly upgrade tech enthusiast.  I usually keep the devices long until they are broken or unusable.
I still game on 980M and 6700HQ

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 12, 2021, 06:43 AM
When I had to upgrade my system last year, I also tried to see if I could upgrade my GTX-970 video card. Forget it! Even if you can find more modern graphics card, the price is ludicrous. Give thanks to all those people who still think they can get rich mining Bitcoin. I don't know if it's even worth mining any other cryptocurrency. Who even accepts them?
Actually, very few merchant accept bitcoin in their stores...
Here is an article about Bitcoin in the newspaper Le monde...https://www.lemonde.fr/m-le-mag/article/2020/12/25/a-paris-le-boulevard-du-bitcoin-boude-la-crytomonnaie_6064512_4500055.html
And its translation:
"On Wednesday 16 December 2020, the price of bitcoin reached $ 20,787, its all-time high, just exceeding its record at the end of November, set at 19,863. At the passage du Grand-Cerf, in Paris, the only “bitcoin boulevard de France” , the information mainly animates Gael Ouaki, one of the merchants behind the introduction of cryptocurrency in this gallery in the 2nd arrondissement. We are in November 2016, the price of bitcoin is at 742 dollars. The currency still arouses the suspicion of the public, who associate it with the depths of the Dark Web, where terrorism and trafficking coexist. To prove that it is a completely legal means of payment, the association Le cercle du coin and the company La Maison du bitcoin (now Coinhouse) inaugurate the "boulevard du bitcoin" in this passage. They convince the twenty merchants of the place to accept payment in bitcoin. In mid-December 2017, it flies off and flirts with 20,000 $. Then collapses.
In 2020, Gael Ouaki received only three cryptocurrency payments. The coronavirus was there. Tourists, the first bitcoin payers, are absent. Of the twenty stores that started out, five have moved. The new occupants are not yet trained. La Maison du bitcoin, partner of the operation, exchange office but also popularization center, has closed its doors to the general public to devote itself to online activities under the name Coinhouse. For its creators, this "bitcoin boulevard" is not, however, a definitive failure since its main purpose was to correct the sulfurous image of this currency. “The more we were to support bitcoin, the more it was going to be accepted by the greatest number. For Adli Takkal-Bataille, co-founder of Le Cercle du coin, paying in bitcoin was "mostly symbolic" at the time, almost a political act.
In Arnhem in the Netherlands, the scenario is no different. In 2014, Patrick Van der Meijde convinced a few local restaurants and bars to accept the digital currency through the application he developed himself. Named BitKassa, it allows the customer to pay in bitcoin and the merchant to receive euros. “At first I was looked at like I was a drug dealer,” he says. In 2018, around a hundred firms, including Burger King, took part in the game, making Arnhem the “first 'bitcoin city' in the world”. The success was once again short-lived. This year, only 40 businesses continue to accept this payment method. Before the pandemic, in February 2019, the city totaled 2,300 euros in monthly bitcoin payments. The only difference is that today "all merchants are very happy to receive bitcoins", assures Patrick Van der Meijde."

It's hard to know if Bitcoin has a future. In my opinion, it's worthless, but I could be wrong. Likewise, many currencies ceased to be legal tender. Those who have dollars are lucky: All United States money ever issued, whether coin or paper, no matter how old, is legal tender and worth its face value.
I took a photo of my collection of old coins. Most ceased to be legal tender (except at least one coin). You can try to find the coins that are still legal tender.

humbert

QuoteI only talk about latest hardware or tech articles but I'm not a yearly upgrade tech enthusiast.  I usually keep the devices long until they are broken or unusable. I still game on 980M and 6700HQ

You follow my golden rule: upgrade ONLY when the item you have doesn't do what you want it to do. When I tried to upgrade my video card it's no so much that I needed it, it was a "by the way" type thing. Forget it! They're notoriously difficult to get and every expensive if you find one.

My printer also died and I wanted a laser this time. Same situation. Nobody had them in stock because everybody's working from home and buying them all up in the process. I had to pay a high price from somebody that actually had one available.

QuoteIt's hard to know if Bitcoin has a future. In my opinion, it's worthless, but I could be wrong. Likewise, many currencies ceased to be legal tender. Those who have dollars are lucky: All United States money ever issued, whether coin or paper, no matter how old, is legal tender and worth its face value.

In my opinion the big problem with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general is lack of stability. Who is going to invest in Bitcoin when the price rises and falls like a roller coaster? Since there no central bank or anything like that, the whole thing degenerates into a free for all.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 14, 2021, 05:06 AM
QuoteI only talk about latest hardware or tech articles but I'm not a yearly upgrade tech enthusiast.  I usually keep the devices long until they are broken or unusable. I still game on 980M and 6700HQ

You follow my golden rule: upgrade ONLY when the item you have doesn't do what you want it to do. When I tried to upgrade my video card it's no so much that I needed it, it was a "by the way" type thing. Forget it! They're notoriously difficult to get and every expensive if you find one.

My printer also died and I wanted a laser this time. Same situation. Nobody had them in stock because everybody's working from home and buying them all up in the process. I had to pay a high price from somebody that actually had one available.

QuoteIt's hard to know if Bitcoin has a future. In my opinion, it's worthless, but I could be wrong. Likewise, many currencies ceased to be legal tender. Those who have dollars are lucky: All United States money ever issued, whether coin or paper, no matter how old, is legal tender and worth its face value.

In my opinion the big problem with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general is lack of stability. Who is going to invest in Bitcoin when the price rises and falls like a roller coaster? Since there no central bank or anything like that, the whole thing degenerates into a free for all.
Yeah the prices are notorious. Radeon Rx 5000 series costs 1000$ in India and lack of stock are causing scalping prices.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 14, 2021, 05:06 AM
Actually, the cryptocurrencies are easily manipulated. Today, a man known as Elon Musk explained that Tesla will start accepting dogecoin for some merchandise. Then the Crypto soared...
This video is talking about "Pump and Dump": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQbjvqncv1w
Well, for now, let's talk about something else in this topic (initially about games).

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 14, 2021, 08:26 PM
Actually, the cryptocurrencies are easily manipulated. Today, a man known as Elon Musk explained that Tesla will start accepting dogecoin for some merchandise. Then the Crypto soared

What I don't understand is who does the manipulating? Are you referring to market forces, more correctly supply and demand? Even so, without some sort of central bank instability is the name of the game. As of today's date Bitcoin is about $45,000. It was over $65,000 a few months ago. People who bought a few Satoshis back then took a serious hit, unless they're doing it to speculate.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 18, 2021, 04:48 AM
What I don't understand is who does the manipulating? Are you referring to market forces, more correctly supply and demand? Even so, without some sort of central bank instability is the name of the game. As of today's date Bitcoin is about $45,000. It was over $65,000 a few months ago. People who bought a few Satoshis back then took a serious hit, unless they're doing it to speculate.
Here are a few articles for you...
https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/11/17/bitcoin-and-other-cryptos-have-slumped-after-record-highs-is-market-manipulation-the-reaso
https://worldfinancialreview.com/how-influential-people-manipulate-the-price-of-cryptocurrency/