• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 12, 2022, 08:51 PM
Its the CPU like I said. Being a intel skylake its EOL. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is already working.

So then this copy you tested was NOT modded to skip those Microsoft requirements? Basically what I'm asking is if a modded copy of Win11 (secure boot & TMP disabled) will work on a Skylake or older.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 13, 2022, 04:37 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on January 12, 2022, 08:51 PM
Its the CPU like I said. Being a intel skylake its EOL. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is already working.

So then this copy you tested was NOT modded to skip those Microsoft requirements? Basically what I'm asking is if a modded copy of Win11 (secure boot & TMP disabled) will work on a Skylake or older.
It will. Scarface's copy has these reqmts disabled.

scarface

Note that new versions of windows 10 and 11 are available in the previous message.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on February 12, 2022, 10:20 PM
Note that new versions of windows 10 and 11 are available in the previous message.

Are you able to upgrade from Windows 10 by mounting the ISO and running the setup program?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 13, 2022, 05:43 AM
Quote from: scarface on February 12, 2022, 10:20 PM

Are you able to upgrade from Windows 10 by mounting the ISO and running the setup program?
Should be possible since most W10 users upgrade by mounting the ISO and running setup.exe

humbert

I might want to take a look at Scarface's W11 under VirtualBox. I'm not seeing a download link.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on February 15, 2022, 05:49 AM
I might want to take a look at Scarface's W11 under VirtualBox. I'm not seeing a download link.
It wasn't in the previous message, but on the previous page...
Link here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204

Vasudev

I'll be trying Win 11 in a VM. I'm downloading it.

Vasudev

@humbert and @scarface Should i make stock version of W11 w/o bypassing the system requirements or should I add them?

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 28, 2022, 07:01 PM
@humbert and @scarface Should i make stock version of W11 w/o bypassing the system requirements or should I add them?

NO! The restrictions imposed by Micro$haft are useless. In my tests the OS runs well perfectly without them. M$ wants us to buy a more expensive computer when the one we have does the job perfectly. They also assume we don't know what we're doing so they "protect" us by imposing secure boot. I have yet to hear a situation where someone had a problem because TPM wasn't enabled.