• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I've been pretty lucky. I have yet to lose and SSD. I did lose an HDD but only because I plugged and and unplugged cables without realizing the power was still on. So far I have not been able to recover the data. It's still sitting in my drawer, someone might figure out a way to recover it.

scarface

I disappeared for a few days because I was a bit weary. In the meanwhile the forum has been pretty calm. Shadow.97 and humbert posted a few messages.
Since there is a restructuring of services and job cuts where I work, I was asked to say if I wanted to stay in the Hauts de Seine, in another office, or go elsewhere. I had an incentive of 25000€ if I chose another job in the provinces. That's what I did. I learnt today that I will move to the department of Isère in the southeast of France. The main town is Grenoble. If there is a recession, or if there is no more oil or electricity, I guess it's better to live in the "countryside" than in the Paris region anyway.

Maybe some of you followed the financial markets today. European stocks rose sharply this morning, the cac 40 was up 2.5% and the dax up 2.8 but they both finished on a down note, since Us stocks are falling after rally, as traders digest Fed decision. The S&P 500, Dow and Nasdaq are dropping sharply, with losses accelerating during intraday trading. The Nasdaq sank by 5% just after noon in New York.

Note that I'm planning to post new videos soon (in the topic "best clips").
Next week there will be new versions for windows 10 & 11 (and 7 maybe).
This Sunday, I'm planning to go to Paris to take new photos. I already chose a neighborhood that Vasudev and humbert probably don't know.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 05, 2022, 08:16 PMI had an incentive of 25000€ if I chose another job in the provinces. That's what I did.[/img]
That's a lot of money. I would probably not think twice, atleast long enough to get the cash. Then consider getting casually browisng for a new job at the previous location.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 05, 2022, 09:48 PMThat's a lot of money. I would probably not think twice, atleast long enough to get the cash. Then consider getting casually browisng for a new job at the previous location.
Actually I'm not changing employer. This is for the removal expenses, and for the inconvenience caused by the shutdown of the unit.

scarface

I just received a new message: someone asked me to open registrations on the forum to create an account. If humbert or Maher are reading this message, maybe they can do something since I can't create accounts. If it's too risky to open registrations (the forum was regularly attacked by bots), it might be possible to create a single account.

This was the message:
Hello, excuse me but is this mr. Scarface? I'd like to ask a small favor regarding the forum at nomaher. I am a long time visitor of the forum but I never made an account, and registrations have been disabled for a long time now. I don't know whether you have the privileges but would it be possible to re-enable registrations for a short time, or otherwise create an account for me? I tried contacting mr. Humbert but I guess he's not checking the address I found. I would be very thankful for your help, and again, please excuse this message,

Guliver

humbert

Quote from: scarface on May 28, 2022, 04:31 AMHello, excuse me but is this mr. Scarface? I'd like to ask a small favor regarding the forum at nomaher. I am a long time visitor of the forum but I never made an account, and registrations have been disabled for a long time now. I don't know whether you have the privileges but would it be possible to re-enable registrations for a short time, or otherwise create an account for me? I tried contacting mr. Humbert but I guess he's not checking the address I found. I would be very thankful for your help, and again, please excuse this message,

I never got any message from this guy. As you're aware, Maher was forced to close registrations due to the fact that we were invaded by bots. Any new registrations had to be approved by him.

Did this guy leave an email address or some way for you to contact him? If so, let me have that. I'll contact him and see what this is about, then I'll contact Maher so he can do the rest.

Shadow.97

I bought a monitor arm used, I never really realised just how much of a quality of life thing it is to not have the keyboard blocked by a monitor foot.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 03, 2022, 11:02 AMI bought a monitor arm used, I never really realised just how much of a quality of life thing it is to not have the keyboard blocked by a monitor foot.
I still use my laptop without a second monitor. I guess what you have looks like this:

scarface

Quote from: humbert on May 28, 2022, 06:07 AMI never got any message from this guy. As you're aware, Maher was forced to close registrations due to the fact that we were invaded by bots. Any new registrations had to be approved by him.
Actually I receveived another message of the user who wants to open an account on the forum...I transfered the request to Maher. He says: Thank you very much I hope I'm not causing too much trouble, I will understand if it's impossible to get a hold of Maher or open registrations. My main reason for wanting an account was that I wanted to thank you for still making builds of windows 7 (so that Humbert can see there are still people using it). So if it doesn't work out with the registration at least I told you this way.

scarface

For those who want to register to the forum, registrations are open again. I was informed by Maher a few minutes ago. I don't know how long it will last.