• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2022, 04:33 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 05, 2022, 08:08 PM90% of them upgraded due to clickbait and EoL fear from Win 10 to W11. Then again market share of W11  hasn't grown yet.
Scarface I think its better to do quarterly releases of W11 since the W11 users are a minority and majority of users use W10 anyway!

The problem with Win11 is it's NOT FINISHED. Notice that all these wonderful things they talk about (support for Alder Lake, Android subsystem, and now ability to forward graphic data directly to the GPU) are all in the talking stages and/or scheduled for future releases. Notice that very few developers are writing Win11-specific hacks and configuration utilities. There is (for example) no Windows 11 Privacy program - at least not yet. And of course Win10 works very well and satisfies almost everyone's needs. This is especially true when tons of people have "unsupported" hardware that does everything they want it to do and don't really need to upgrade. I say give it at least another year before full-fledged adoption begins, if not more.
Maybe 2-3 years until everything is polished just like Win 10.

Guliver

Since this was the number 1 reason for me to join this forum, I want to thank scarface for still making builds of Windows 7. I know it is entirely up to you if you continue making those or drop W7 already, but I am interested in seeing further builds from you. Thank you :) Oh and just to be sure, your builds do include the updates from the ESU program, correct?

scarface

Quote from: Guliver on June 07, 2022, 10:15 PMSince this was the number 1 reason for me to join this forum, I want to thank scarface for still making builds of Windows 7. I know it is entirely up to you if you continue making those or drop W7 already, but I am interested in seeing further builds from you. Thank you :) Oh and just to be sure, your builds do include the updates from the ESU program, correct?
Hi Guliver.
The window 7 version includes the ESU, indeed.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 07, 2022, 09:41 PMMaybe 2-3 years until everything is polished just like Win 10.

I agree! Micro$haft loves to release stuff as early as possible and then force to essentially beta test their stuff.

As long as few people have any interest in Win11, nobody is going to sit down and write hacks. As time goes on Win11 will change and change again. The hacks they write today might not even work tomorrow.

Guliver

Quote from: scarface on June 08, 2022, 12:52 AMHi Guliver.
The window 7 version includes the ESU, indeed.

Awesome, thank you.

scarface

Note that new versions of Window 11 and Windows 7 with the latest updates are available here:
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204
For the meantime Windows 10 will not be updated.

Guliver

Thank you, Scarface :)

humbert

Are there any Windows 11 utilities out there? All I found is Yamic W11 Manager, and it's very incomplete when compared to the W10 version. No Windows11 Privacy or anything similar yet.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 12, 2022, 04:45 AMAre there any Windows 11 utilities out there? All I found is Yamic W11 Manager, and it's very incomplete when compared to the W10 version. No Windows11 Privacy or anything similar yet.
Download Privatezilla or LoveWin11Again
I stopped using Yamicsoft products long time ago once I moved to Win 10.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on July 13, 2022, 06:20 PMDownload Privatezilla or LoveWin11Again
I stopped using Yamicsoft products long time ago once I moved to Win 10.

Thanks for the tip. You're the man!  :)