• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Introduce yourself

Started by Maher, January 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on June 17, 2022, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 03:32 PMI'm currently on vacation in Sweden been considering doing a tour dk->ger->nl this summer, but not decided yet.
Denmark -> Germany -> Holland, you seem to have a long vacation period.
It isnt as far as it seems :) It is in total around 10h by train, including swaps. About the distance from Mumbai to bengaluru. I havnt planned on long stays in the countries. Just

My vacation period that is approved is 17days. (where as 7 was scheduled to work, meaning 7 days of pot).
Per year I have I think 22~24 days to take out as holidays. Previous years I havnt been able to take out all. So I have some saved up on top of this.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 08:03 PMMy vacation period that is approved is 17days. (where as 7 was scheduled to work, meaning 7 days of pot).
Per year I have I think 22~24 days to take out as holidays. Previous years I havnt been able to take out all. So I have some saved up on top of this.

Are you still in Dublin working for the same company? As I recall you wanted out because finding a place to live is a major headache. When you do it's the size of a matchbox and cost nearly 2000€. I'm thinking your entire salary goes is spent on rent.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 18, 2022, 05:38 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 08:03 PMMy vacation period that is approved is 17days. (where as 7 was scheduled to work, meaning 7 days of pot).

Are you still in Dublin working for the same company? As I recall you wanted out because finding a place to live is a major headache. When you do it's the size of a matchbox and cost nearly 2000€. I'm thinking your entire salary goes is spent on rent.
I'm currently in Sweden for vacation.
I pay 750 euro for around 3x4m, and 1x2m bathroom/shower.

The place I lived in 2018 was shared with 2 others and total rent for the entire place was 1700 and they were increasing it to 2000.
My room there was 560 euro, 2x2m, but it was a proper sized house, but shared with 2 others. The other 2 were moving so staying there was no option.
Then I lived in a room in a landlord owned house, for 650 euro, it was probably also around 3x4m, but it had a proper sized kitchen, bathroom, etc. The issue there was that I did not like the landlord all too much, and I was just not very happy with the thought of not having any privacy.
Current place is very tiny but atleast has privacy.

In sweden at the moment I am preparing to move out fully from my parents place, as they will be moving out on the countryside and not keeping my childhood home. And I want to prepare and have everything nicely in boxes and put them into storage for the day I come back fully.
I've also now brought my full pc and 95% of my things to Sweden, to make it easier to be here permanently.
only thing missing is a job that I like:)
As my current job is very calm during summer, the plan is to just work from sweden(undercover) until end of summer.
We'll see how it all plays out.

Guliver

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 03:32 PMIm curious, how did you end up finding the forum from the start?

Thank you Shadow.97, I found this forum through one of Maher's torrents of MS windows. Thinking back, that must have been ages ago, but it took years between finding the torrent and actually visiting this forum.

humbert

Shadow: It's hard to imagine a bathroom inside a 1x2m rectangle that includes a shower, toilet, and sink with faucet so you can shave and wash your hands. How'd they even get all that to fit in? I wish you could draw a picture of it and send it to the forum.

Congratulations of moving out of your parent's house completely. Years ago when I tried to do the same thing, my parents went berserk. Where will you work once you're back in Sweden?

Guliver: You should have joined us sooner  :)

Scarface, et. al. -> It's been said we moderators can see user's IP address records. I've looked everywhere for anybody's IP and I haven't found it. If you've figured it out, let me in on it. This is simply out of curiosity and not to spy on anyone.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on June 19, 2022, 05:32 AMScarface, et. al. -> It's been said we moderators can see user's IP address records. I've looked everywhere for anybody's IP and I haven't found it. If you've figured it out, let me in on it. This is simply out of curiosity and not to spy on anyone.
I don't know if it has been said, but it's probably believed we can see them. Actually I don't see the point here.
What's more, your IP only reveals your approximate location and not your exact location. For example, my IP address gives a location in Boulogne-Billancourt, even if I'm not there.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on June 19, 2022, 12:02 PM
Quote from: humbert on June 19, 2022, 05:32 AMScarface, et. al. -> It's been said we moderators can see user's IP address records. I've looked everywhere for anybody's IP and I haven't found it. If you've figured it out, let me in on it. This is simply out of curiosity and not to spy on anyone.
I don't know if it has been said, but it's probably believed we can see them. Actually I don't see the point here.
What's more, your IP only reveals your approximate location and not your exact location. For example, my IP address gives a location in Boulogne-Billancourt, even if I'm not there.

IP location is very dependent on ISP.
The first 4 are in the same house.

2 IP addresses are within 5 minutes drive from my house
1 is 30 minute drive
1 is 1h 45 min drive
1 is 6h 30 min drive away(Other ISP at summerhouse)

''Other ISP'' routes ALL traffic through Stockholm, and location is reported as Uppsala which is the city the ISP is based out of.

IF you use a Geo IP tool, it usually reports Accuracy Radius (km).
For me, the IP locations are correct if we factor in the accuracy radius. Except the last one, which is completely wrong. It's actually a bit entertaining getting the ''Hot chicks in nearby *wrong city*, click here!!'' :)

humbert

The whole idea of me asking whether someone's IP address was visible was just to see if it could be done. Shadow is right about GeoTool. It's a browser addon for those of you who aren't familiar with it. I just checked my own IP, and GeoTool's stated location is only 1,250 meters from my real location. BTW it also supports IPV6. That's what I pasted into the input bar.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 20, 2022, 05:26 AMThe whole idea of me asking whether someone's IP address was visible was just to see if it could be done. Shadow is right about GeoTool. It's a browser addon for those of you who aren't familiar with it. I just checked my own IP, and GeoTool's stated location is only 1,250 meters from my real location. BTW it also supports IPV6. That's what I pasted into the input bar.
I was using https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo :) Im not all that fond of addons for features like that

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 08:03 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 17, 2022, 04:46 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 17, 2022, 03:32 PMI'm currently on vacation in Sweden been considering doing a tour dk->ger->nl this summer, but not decided yet.
Denmark -> Germany -> Holland, you seem to have a long vacation period.
It isnt as far as it seems :) It is in total around 10h by train, including swaps. About the distance from Mumbai to bengaluru. I havnt planned on long stays in the countries. Just

My vacation period that is approved is 17days. (where as 7 was scheduled to work, meaning 7 days of pot).
Yeah then its very close then.