• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

For those who are playing Soma and Penumbra on the forum (I think of shadow.97 or Vasudev) , note that new modifications were made here:
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34947#msg34947
In all likelihood, there will not be any new versions.
New size: 7.35 Gb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiyW0vqat8

scarface

Maybe some users of the forum have played Resident Evil 2 remake. I remind you that it's available here:
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg35352#msg35352

The version above is compatible with directx 11. And I'm aware that Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 recently received updated versions on PC which are DirectX 12-only.
For several reasons the repack of RE2 remake won't be updated.
First and foremost, the repack would be bigger. Most importantly, there are several issues with the new versions:
- the update prevented some users from playing the games (those who don't have a recent graphics card?)
- the update breaks existing mods and causes a host of performance problems.
In this context, Capcom even brought back the DirectX-11 version of RE2 on its website.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 30, 2022, 09:28 PMThe version above is compatible with directx 11. And I'm aware that Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 recently received updated versions on PC which are DirectX 12-only.
In this context, Capcom even brought back the DirectX-11 version of RE2 on its website.

Given the fact that getting a new graphics card at a reasonable price has become next to impossible, I'm not surprised they'd go back to the older DX-11 version. I've noticed the price has leveled off a bit, but it remains high.

scarface

Note that a smaller repack is available for Dishonored 2. Thanks to xdelta3, more videos were deleted. If 2 videos are identical with a different audio stream, then only one video is required and later patched with xdelta3 indeed. I discovered this a few years ago. Some videos were reencoded to be completely identical (the bik format is not really easy to handle). This is the only repack on the internet using this technology with videos. Only 80mb smaller.
If you already have the repack, you only need to download the new Setup3.bin and setup4.bin.
Link here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg34887#msg34887

scarface

Note that a new repack for Crysis 3 remastered is available.
The repack is 100 mb smaller (5,05 Gb) and the game 1 Gb smaller (12,1 Gb) once installed.
The installation time was reduced because fewer files are transcoded during setup.
The missing wheel bug with the jeep was fixed.
Link: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29910#msg29910

scarface

humbert

Who among you is familiar with Steam? As part of my video card upgrade I got a free game (Warhammer 40000) but it has to come from Steam. It'll be out Nov 30.

Is Steam a launcher? Do you absolutely have to use the Steam app to play? Getting information from them is next to impossible. You have to spend $5 to post on a forum.

Very difficult so far.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on November 14, 2022, 06:21 AMWho among you is familiar with Steam? As part of my video card upgrade I got a free game (Warhammer 40000) but it has to come from Steam. It'll be out Nov 30.

Is Steam a launcher? Do you absolutely have to use the Steam app to play? Getting information from them is next to impossible. You have to spend $5 to post on a forum.

Very difficult so far.

I am.

First, you need to create an account in Steam. Just register on its site, registration is easy.

Next, you need to download a Steam app. This is a wrapper for online game and app store (like Google's and Apple's), which selling games and provide anti-piracy security for them.

Third, you need to provide your Warhammer's license key for a steam app. I don't know, how exactly you can do this. Probably, you should run Steam, go to the page of the game in Steam (for example, find it through its "search"), click "Buy", and it'll probably show you form where you can enter you bank card parameters OR (in your case) the license key.

After this, Steam will download the game to your PC (automatically) and install it (also automatically). All Steam games will be installed into its subdirectory.

After this, things is done. You can play the game, clicking Play button in steam, or just running it from icon from desktop.

humbert

Daniil: Thanks very much for your help.

I already downloaded the Steam app and redeemed Warhammer. It won't be out until Nov 30th so I can't download it just yet.

You said you can also click on the game's icon to launch it. Does the mean you don't need Steam to play it? I'd like to avoid Steam entirely if possible. It's a waste of resources plus I prefer to play the game by myself -- no friends, no multiplayer or anything like that. To ask the question another way - what if you download the game and then uninstall the Steam app from the computer. Will the game play?

Did you spend $5 or more to be able to post messages to the forum?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 15, 2022, 04:44 AMDaniil: Thanks very much for your help.

I already downloaded the Steam app and redeemed Warhammer. It won't be out until Nov 30th so I can't download it just yet.

You said you can also click on the game's icon to launch it. Does the mean you don't need Steam to play it? I'd like to avoid Steam entirely if possible. It's a waste of resources plus I prefer to play the game by myself -- no friends, no multiplayer or anything like that. To ask the question another way - what if you download the game and then uninstall the Steam app from the computer. Will the game play?

Did you spend $5 or more to be able to post messages to the forum?
$5 is only for participating in the community, adding friends etc.
Most of us bought some game and therefor passed this threshhold.
Can send you a link with my friend code if you want to add me If you end up paying $5 :)
I've used steam actively since 2008 and can barely imagine life without it.